2nd June 2016, 06:58 PM
Unregistered

Can I get honours degree admission in DU with 89.3 marks in PCM?

Sir, I got 89.3 marks in PCM and 95 marks in maths, 95 in chemistry, 78 in physics and I am from General category. Do I have any chance of admission in top 5 colleges of DU in Maths or Chemistry honours?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for English Honours if scored 64 marks in English of 12th PCM? List of courses with good colleges if secured 54% in 12th PCM? Should I apply for BBA instead of English Honours?
  2. Am I eligible to pursue economics honours in Calcutta University after scoring 71% marks in PCM stream?
  3. Eligibility to study Economics Honours in Delhi University for 12th PCM with Economics candidate? Best of 4 subjects considerable for admission?
  4. Cutoff percentage required in 12th to study B.Sc(Physics) in St. Xavier's College, Kolkata?
  5. Should I have to mention only Honours paper’s percentage for admission in MCA being a B.Sc(Chemistry) student?
  6. Affect of engineering marks upon honours degree?
  7. What does honors mean in B.Sc.(hons)? Difference between Degree and Honors? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Can I get an honours degree from CU or any other recognized Indian University?
  9. Admission for physics honours in west bengal colleges?
  10. Cutoff marks required in Higher Secondary to get Honours under Calcutta University?
  11. Can I obtain B.Ed training in regular mode? I have scored 50% marks
  12. Which distance learning bachelor program should I choose after completion of BA? I had poor marks in BA
  13. Can I get admission to study Economics Honours in Calcutta University if secured 90.4% in 12th and scored 94 marks in Economics? List of colleges offering Economics Honours without Maths?
  14. PCM marks are enough to get admission in B.Tech Biotechnology?
  15. Is it possible to take honours from 2nd year of B.Com?
  16. Can I study BBA Honours being a 12th PSEB PCM student?
  17. Procedure to get admission in B.Sc Honours in any reputed college of Jaipur? Dissimilarities between B.Sc and B.Sc Honours?
  18. How much marks are required for studying Geography honours?
3rd June 2016, 06:04 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get honours degree admission in DU with 89.3 marks in PCM?

It is quite difficult for you to get admission in DU to opt for Maths or Chemistry Honours with the marks you have scored in your 12th boards as the competition level is quite too high.

However, you might try for admission and see if you are lucky enough to get a seat in any of the top 5 DU colleges for the above mentioned course.
3rd June 2016, 06:32 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

DU stands for Delhi university and admission in most of undergraduate courses are on the basis of aggregate in 10+2.

You have scored better aggregate in PCM but as according to guidelines of DU the admission in Maths or Chemistry honors are conducted on basis of aggregate in best four subject.

So, you have to give complete details for more information. The cut off score is between 88-97% in most of colleges.

So, you have to wait for the cut off list to be declared. For more information about admission visit at www.du.ac.in.
3rd June 2016, 10:55 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Chances are good for admission in your choice of course but there will be stiff competition for admission in top. colleges. Getting admission in the topmost college will be tough for you.

But admission is definitely possible for you in DU with the marks you have obtained.
4th June 2016, 08:00 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Depending upon your percentage of marks, it is sure that you will get admission in different colleges of Delhi University but you may not be able to get admission in Honors degree in top colleges.

*If you will see previous year different cut off lists generated by Delhi University, you will come to know that for general category to get admission in top 5 colleges of Delhi University, minimum of 95% marks is required.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?