11th June 2016, 04:42 PM
Unregistered

How many times can a student appear for AIIMS/NEET entrance exam?

Can I give one attempt after 12th (18yrs) and another after two years drop and one at the age of 24. I wanted to ask if i can give my 3 attempts discontinuously?

11th June 2016, 05:30 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many times can a student appear for AIIMS/NEET entrance exam?

A student can appear for any number of attempts for NEET examination.

But the candidate has to satisfy the minimum eligibility criteria to appear for NEET.

The minimum criteria is that the candidate must have attained 17 years of age at the time of admission, while the upper age limit is 25 years of age at the time of admission. A relaxation of 5 years is subjected for SC/ ST category candidates.
11th June 2016, 05:59 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

There is no such limits of attempts, therefore you can attempt for your examination as many number of times you want to. However, there is a maximum age age limit, i.e. 25 years of age.

Any candidate overlapping the above mentioned age criteria will not be eligible to apply for the examination.
11th June 2016, 06:19 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can I give one attempt after 12th (18yrs) and another after two years drop and one at the age of 24. I wanted to ask if i can give my 3 attempts discontinuously?
Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subject are eligible for the NEET/ AIIMS exam. At 10+2 level you need to secure minimum 50% of marks in physics, chemistry and biology taken together.

Your minimum age should be 17 years.

You will not be allowed to give this exam for more than three times.
11th June 2016, 07:17 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can appear for AIIMS/NEET examination any times in between 17-25 years.

So, you are eligible to appear for examination at the age of 18 years and another after drop of 2 years.

As per age eligibility the age of candidates must be between 17-25 years as on 31st December relaxation in age for reserved category for 5 years.
11th June 2016, 07:20 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Number of Attempts available to appear in NEET Entrance Examination:

Yes, you are you eligible to appear in NEET Entrance Examination any number of times as there is NO particular limit. One of the Frequently asked questions relating to NEET Examination is "Number of Attempts".

>> For How many attempts/ numbers a student can appear for NEET ?
Ans : There is NO Attempt limit

As there is no certain attempt limit, I am sure you are eligible to appear in NEET Entrance Examination provided with you meet the required age criteria.

The maximum age allowed to appear in NEET Examination is "25 years". So As you are below the age of 24 years, I am sure you are eligible to appear in NEET Examination.
11th June 2016, 09:07 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

There is no restriction on the number of attempts to appear in NEET entrance examination. You can appear in NEET entrance examination as many times as you wish by satisfying the eligibility criteria mentioned below :-

1. You should have completed 12th standard with Biology, Physics and Chemistry subjects with minimum aggregate of 50% marks from a recognised board.

2. You must have attained the minimum age of 17 years as on 31st December of the year of admission to first year of MBBS/ BDS course. The upper age limit is 25 years as on 31st December of the year of entrance examination. Upper age relaxation of 5 years is applicable to OBC/ SC /ST category candidates.
11th June 2016, 09:18 PM
A033bhishek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Number of attempts in any competitive examination means attempts in successive years without any gap of years. If there is a gap of one year it means you loose one attempt.
However, for AIPMT (All India Pre-Medical Test) aspirant there is three maximum attempt is available. One while appearing 12th standard and other two successive attempts after completing 12th in consecutive years.
While for NEET (National Eligibility-cum Entrance Test) there is no limitation of attempts means you can appear for NEET examination as long as you want (Except for MBBS & BDS course).
11th June 2016, 10:13 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, there is no such limit in attempts for AIIMS/NEET. You just need to fulfill the age criteria for entrance exam. In medical entrance exam there is an upper age limit for government colleges which is 25 years in most cases.

For private medical colleges there isn't any upper age limit and you can attempt entrance exam any number of times.
11th June 2016, 10:21 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

AIIMS stands for All India Institute of Medical Science and it conducts AIIMS MBBS entrance examination for admission in the MBBS course from AIIMS where as NEET stands for National Eligibility cum entrance test which is a common entrance examination held for admission in the government medical colleges funded by both Central and State government.

--> For appearing in these examinations, you must satisfy the criteria given below :-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age lying within 17 years to 25 years till the 31st December of that year in which you are appearing in the same examination. Age relaxation of 5 years is applicable for candidates belonging to reserved category.

* You must have completed your Class 12th with PCB group with a minimum of 60% aggregate for appearing in AIIMS MBBS entrance examination and 50% aggregate for appearing in the NEET. Marks relaxation of 10% is applicable in both cases for reserved category candidates.

As far as you are concerned about the maximum number of attempts provided for clearing the same examination then there is no such limit if applicant satisfies the eligibility criteria.

For more details about these examination you can refer to their official link which are www.aiimsexam.org.in and www.aipmt.nic.in.
26th January 2017, 03:29 PM
Unregistered

I've appeared in aipmt 2014 and 2015 and in meet 2016 also, am I eligible for meet 2017 as I've already appeared for three times?
8th February 2017, 03:55 PM
Unregistered

Sir can I give NEET entrance exam discontinuously three times before completing the maximum age limit.
17th November 2017, 10:48 PM
Unregistered

How many times a SC/ST candidate can appear for all India medical joint entrance exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?