18th June 2016, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

Which engineering branch to select between CSE and ECE?

Sir/Mam,

Please help me in choosing the engg branch.i am confused in between ece and cse,which is best branch?I am interested in mathematics.please help me to choose better branch.? Can you please suggest me the right one on the same? Awaiting for this.

18th June 2016, 08:44 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which engineering branch to select between CSE and ECE?

CSE stands for Computer Science Engineering and ECE stands for Electronics and Communication Engineering. Both CSE and ECE are the top and demanding branches in Engineering course.

As you have mentioned in your query, that you are confused to choose the right branch between ECE and CSE for pursuing your Engineering course, many of the students face the same problem in selection of the branch in Engineering course. The CSE and ECE are both completely different streams in Engineering course.

If you are interested to become a Software Engineer, you need to opt for CSE branch in Engineering course. In CSE branch, you will learn how to write programs in different computer languages like C, C++, JAVA, etc.,. and you can learn coding, create webpages, design websites, etc.,.

In ECE branch, you will be taught mainly about the Electronics subjects like Integrated Circuits, Electronics Devices and Circuits, etc.,. In this branch, you will learn how the electronic circuits operate and how they can be designed. So, if you are interested in Electronics, you can opt ECE branch in Engineering course.

Finally, I suggest you to think twice before selecting the right course as your higher studies and job opportunities will be based on the course which you pursue in Engineering course.
19th June 2016, 01:10 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which engineering branch to select between CSE and ECE?

CSE stands for Computer Science Engineering while ECE stands for Electronics and Communication Engineering. If you have your interest in computer programming or other related applications then you should choose CSE branch. However if you are interested in designing and manufacturing of electronics component then you should go for ECE branch. In both the streams you will have to study mathematics as one of the main subject for first three consecutive semesters. For your kind information i want to tell you that both the streams have good scope in the market, so you should go for that stream in which you want to make your career.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?