23rd June 2016, 01:43 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear in SET with 53% in distance M.A.(History)? Fee details of SET coaching classes?

Dear Friends,
I have passed M.A.(History) in distance mode from Calicut University with 53% marks. Can I write SET? Kindly tell me the fee details of coaching classes for SET?

24th June 2016, 09:18 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in SET with 53% in distance M.A.(History)? Fee details of SET coaching classes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Friends,
I have passed M.A.(History) in distance mode from Calicut University with 53% marks. Can I write SET? Kindly tell me the fee details of coaching classes for SET?
You have passed M.A in History with 53% marks from Calcutta University, so you are not eligible for SET exam.

The educational qualification required for SET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for SET exam.

Fees for coaching center for SET exam is above 50,000/-.
24th June 2016, 10:48 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in SET with 53% in distance M.A.(History)? Fee details of SET coaching classes?

If you belong to reserved category then surely you are eligible for SET after getting relaxation of marks. In case of general and OBC category there is no chance because minimum marks required is 55%.
Fee for coaching depends on the kind of coaching you want. There are different mode of studies and you have choice to opt for them.
25th June 2016, 12:44 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Friends,
Sorry to say that you are not eligible for SET entrance exam after completing M.A degree with 53% of marks. You need to complete Master Degree with at least 55% of marks at Master Degree level to be eligible for SET entrance exam. If you are belonging to reserved category then you may chance to appear in SET entrance exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?