12th July 2016, 09:39 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Microbiology after completion of M.Sc with 54% and with work experience?

I completed my m.sc with 54.1% of marks. From 2011 to till now I work as microbiologist at food and water analysis laboratory. But now I want to start my PhD. Is this possible for me? In which institute give me the opportunity? Plz give me the answer.

Related Questions:
  1. What kind of job can I get after completing MSc Medical Microbiology with first class? In which areas can I work? Universities offering Ph.D in medical microbiology? How to get admission?
  2. Are BSc students eligible for MSc microbiology?
  3. What is the salary for MSc Microbiology or Ph.D Microbiology? What are the different career options after MSc or Ph.D in Microbiology?
  4. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Medical mirobiology after completion of M.Sc from Medical microbiology? What is the future for medical microbiology?
  5. How to do Ph.D in Microbiology after completing MSc Microbiology?
  6. What other career options I have if I drop Ph.D? -- [New]
  7. List of colleges offering Phd course after doing MSc Microbiology?
  8. List of universities which offer PhD in Management course to MBA postgraduate who has work experience?
  9. Colleges for doing Integrated phd in microbiology or MSc medical microbiology along with Phd? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Colleges providing Ph.D course after MSc in Microbiology in Hyderabad?
  11. Can I do M.Sc in Psychology after completion of B.Sc in Microbiology?
  12. Can I do PhD if completed correspondence MBA(Marketing) and having 4.6 years of work experience in Pharma sector? What should I study in PhD to get good job?
  13. Am I eligible for MSc microbiology after completing BSc nursing from reputed medical college of Punjab
  14. How to give the Ph.D entrance test after completing MSc in microbiology
  15. Is there any vacancy present in a good company to do PhD in Microbiology?
  16. Part time PhD Marine Microbiology offering colleges in India?
  17. Institutes and admission procedure for PhD in Microbiology?
  18. Mechanical engineer with 4 years work experience is eligible to do PhD in Mathematics? What route to take for pursuing PhD in Mathematics?
13th July 2016, 08:52 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Microbiology after completion of M.Sc with 54% and with work experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I completed my m.sc with 54.1% of marks. From 2011 to till now I work as microbiologist at food and water analysis laboratory. But now I want to start my PhD. Is this possible for me? In which institute give me the opportunity? Plz give me the answer.
You have completed M.Sc degree with 54.1%, So you are not eligible for Ph.D course in Microbiology.

Those candidates who have completed M.Sc degree in Microbiology with above 55% marks from a recognized University are eligible for Ph.D course. There are no age criteria.
13th July 2016, 05:14 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Microbiology after completion of M.Sc with 54% and with work experience?

I am sorry to say you that you are eligible to do Ph.D since you have scored 54.1% of marks in Post Graduation.
Below I have mentioned the eligibility criteria to do Ph.D course, have a look over it.

Eligibility criteria to do Ph.D:-

Candidates must have completed their Master's degree from a recognised University.
Candidates must have scored at least 55% of marks in Master's degree.
Candidates must have a valid NET scorecard.
13th July 2016, 10:46 PM
onemdindus

Qualifications to do Ph.D course in India are

You must have done master degree programmes with atleast 55 percentage aggregate marks or equivalent grade from any recognised Indian institution or board.

There is no age limitation for joining this programme.

To apply for top institutions, you must crack either UGC NET examination or CSIR or GATE examination.

Many institutions admit students without entrance examination.

So, you are not applicable for applying for PhD programmes at top institutes in India like Indian institute of technology, Indian institute of Science, National institute of technology . But, few management colleges may offer admission irrespective of percentage of marks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?