15th August 2016, 02:50 PM
Unregistered

Can I write IAS exam in Kannada language?

Hi Sir/Madam I'm Rajashekar from Bangalore. I want to write IAS exam in Kannada, my doubt is if they ask questions in main exam only in Hindi or English-language? Do they ask in Kannada language also? Please reply me.

15th August 2016, 09:12 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I write IAS exam in Kannada language?

Yes, you can write Civil Services examination Main stage in Kannada language. Civil Services examination is conducted by UPSC every year. This examination has three stages. First stage is Preliminary examination, second stage is main examination and last stage is interview.

The minimum academic qualification for this exam is bachelor's degree and final year candidates of bachelor's degree can also apply for this exam. The age limit for this exam is 21-32 years. Three years and five years age relaxation applicable to OBC and SC/ST candidate.
15th August 2016, 09:31 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for Civil Service Examination conducted by UPSC for recruitment of candidates as an I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S etc.

UPSC offers the candidates to write examination in Kannada language and other regional languages.

So, you need to prepare for examination to qualify in all stages of examination for final selection. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th August 2016, 10:11 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, UPSC offers candidate to write Civil Services Mains examination paper in Kannand language.

So, now you can write examination in your language. To check the list of available options to write civil service examination mains paper visit at www.upsc.gov.in.

Candidate are eligible to write the paper from list of options given on official website.
15th August 2016, 11:09 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to write IAS Main Exam in your regional kannada language.

But it should be chosen while you fill up UPSC Civil Services (IAS) application form.

There are 7 papers in IAS Main Examination.

Seven papers should be in same language. So I can say that you are eligible to write IAS Main Examination in Kannada Language.
15th August 2016, 11:11 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

The medium of questions in Civil Services examination preliminary stage is only English or Hindi. There is no third language in this stage of exam.

*Second stage of this examination is Mains exam where candidates can write answers in their desired language. So, you can write your answers in Kannada language. Questions asked will be English or Hindi only.

*Last stage is interview.
16th August 2016, 01:23 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Sir/Madam I'm Rajashekar from Bangalore. I want to write IAS exam in Kannada, my doubt is if they ask questions in main exam only in Hindi or English-language? Do they ask in Kannada language also? Please reply me.
Yes, you can write IAS Main Examinations in Kannada language. But the Preliminary Examinations (objective type questions) are available in English and Hindi. So it is possible to write IAS examinations in Kannada language. But there will be one qualifying English paper in which you need to clear.
17th August 2016, 12:11 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No, you can't write IAS exam in Kannada language. You can write it in English language only.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for IAS exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 32 years
For OBC: 21 to 35 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 37 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction
4th March 2017, 07:11 PM
Unregistered

I'm a kannada medium student but I have a question

How can I crack the IAS preliminary exams preparing from home only ? Kindly provide the tips
31st May 2018, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

Can I write ias exam in Telugu language and to write ias exam how much percentage is necessary in degree
27th November 2020, 08:24 PM
Unregistered

How to download all syllabus of IAS in Kannada
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?