15th September 2016, 08:45 AM
Amit Kun Sagar

How to deal with Nervousness and Low confidence in exam hall?

Sir I am studying in class IX and overall I am a good student but in mathematics those questions I can solve in my home, in examination hall I don't. Whenever the teacher give me question paper I became nervous and then all the things happens worst. I am suffering from low confidence and concentration. SAVE ME!!!

15th September 2016, 03:54 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to deal with Nervousness and Low confidence in exam hall?

The condition which you have quoted here is called Examination Phobia or fear of examination. It is a general and happens with lots of students who are considered too be very brilliant and intelligent and hence, you must not take so much tension. Mathematics is a subject of practice and only one medicine to get rid of this condition to practice as much as possible.

Confidence and concentration comes when you do sufficient practice in any subject. Solve "solved example and exercise questions" and then take out previous year paper of mathematics and solve it. Once you are done with whole syllabus, take 10 previous year papers and in coming ten days, close your room and solve one paper per day within time frame without getting distracted as there will be no one in your room.

After 10 days, you can form a group of your friends and attempt same paper, all of sitting in a room and solve it, it will boost your morale, confidence and provide your concentration.
15th September 2016, 05:32 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Its one of the major problem many students face in examination hall. When the teachers start issuing the question paper, the student automatically get nervous and feel tensed to see what questions are there in examination paper and whether I know it or not.

This nervousness and lacking confidence effects your examination result, so, you should be well prepared for the examination and should have confidence in such a way that I can answer any question given in the paper. If you can build this kind of confidence then, you can automatically get free from nervousness and can perform well in the examination.
15th September 2016, 05:38 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amit Kun Sagar View Post
Sir I am studying in class IX and overall I am a good student but in mathematics those questions I can solve in my home, in examination hall I don't. Whenever the teacher give me question paper I became nervous and then all the things happens worst. I am suffering from low confidence and concentration. SAVE ME!!!
Nervousness and Low confidence are common symptoms in students appearing for exams.

To cope up with this, you must solve question papers at your home.

Just like examination hall schedule, attempt a previous year question paper for the same duration mentioned in the paper without taking help from reference book or notes.

Repeat this step everyday until the exam comes near.

Solving more and more questions will develop your self confidence for appearing in exams.
15th September 2016, 06:36 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Whenever you go to the examination hall just take a deep breath and calmly sit on your seat. When the examiner give you the question paper then read it properly. Don't look at the examiner or other students. Just concentrate on your paper. You can do some meditation and yoga also for reducing your nervousness. I hope it will help you. Thanks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?