15th September 2016, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

Due to insufficient time can I opt for distance LLB degree on the basis of graduation degree?

I have completed my degree in distance mode now i am interested to do law course because time is not sufficient to me to go to college because i am doing CA. So pls answer my question as early as if not i would like to do llb based on my inter certificates

15th September 2016, 07:03 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Due to insufficient time can I opt for distance LLB degree on the basis of graduation degree?

Yes, you can do distance LLB degree but if you are not going to practice as an advocate because the Bar Council accords no recognition for BL/LLB through distance mode or evening colleges for practicing as an advocate. If you want to practice as a lawyer you have to necessarily enroll in a recognised college or university and complete the three-year course in regular mode.

As you are a graduate then you are eligible for the 3 year LLB course; there is no upper age limit for admission in this course.
15th September 2016, 09:47 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Due to insufficient time can I opt for distance LLB degree on the basis of graduation degree?

*LLB stands for Bachelor of Law. The admission of candidates on basis of intermediate marks is given through CLAT. You can not get admission in distance mode in LLB at 10+2 level. You will have to clear Common Law Admission Test and pursue LLB in regular mode.

*CLAT is conducted by National Law University. Through this examination, LLB is done in regular mode not in distance mode. You should have minimum of 45% marks in 10+2 to apply for CLAT exam.

*There is no upper age limit to apply for CLAT.

You can not do LLB in distance on basis of marks in 12th along with Chartered Accountancy course.
15th September 2016, 10:54 PM
Sameerthapar123

Yes it has indeed become too late for you to get admission in any law college now.
The entire procedure of admission starting from applying for the common entrance exam i.e CLAT starts about 3-4 months prior to August which is when the college actually starts.
Being this late though you don't need to worry about wasting an entire year.
You can always apply for a college in January.There some actually very few colleges which have 2 batches, one starting in June and the other starting in January.
Although in India not a lot of colleges offer this and most of those who offer this are not well reputed.
So it would be good for you to wait, after all you are not going to waste your year if you are pursuing CA.
You can always try next year.
16th September 2016, 12:13 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes. of course you can pursue your course in distance mode. The course is offered in regular as well as distance and both degree are valid for higher studies and to get jobs.

The minimum required qualification to appear for entrance examination to get admission or to get admission on merit basis is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from recognised university.

There is no any age limit to pursue course. For more information about entranc examination syllabus or to get admission detail visit the university official website.
16th September 2016, 12:20 AM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my degree in distance mode now i am interested to do law course because time is not sufficient to me to go to college because i am doing CA. So pls answer my question as early as if not i would like to do llb based on my inter certificates
The course duration for LLB is generally three years. however, there are two options to pursue an undergraduate law degree. One is 3 years course whose eligibility is graduation and the other is integrated which is 5 years duration course for 10+2 students.

Graduates from any field can opt for the LLB course. The course is divided into six semesters in most of the law universities. So, yes you are eligble to do the course of LLB via distance mode.

List of college name which is offering LLB course through distance mode are:

University college of law, Bangalore

National Law School Of India University, Bangalore

Faculty of Law, University of Delhi, Delhi

Symbosis Society's Law College, Pune

Indira Gandhi National Open University etc.
16th September 2016, 12:45 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

The distance LLB course is valid and so if you lack time you can pursue the course in distance also.

If you will take admission on 12th /inter the course duration will be of five year where as the duration of course after any bachelor degree is three year.

So, it is better to take admission in course after completion of your CA course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?