22nd September 2016, 11:27 PM
Unregistered

What are the tips I can follow to start the preparation for GRE exam for the first attempt?

What are the tips I can follow to start the preparation for GRE exam for the first attempt? Can you please guide me? I really wanted to clear it in the first attempt itself. It will be really helpful if you can provide me the complete details on the same.

Thanks!

23rd September 2016, 04:26 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the tips I can follow to start the preparation for GRE exam for the first attempt?

GRE stands for Graduate Record Examination. It is a standardised test that tests the candidate's analytical writing, quantitative reasoning and verbal ability skills.

To get good score in GRE examination in first attempt, you need to do a lot of practice. The best way to prepare for GRE examination is referring any coaching center preparation materials. You need to practice quantitative very much, learn new meanings to score well in verbal and practice writing essays to get good score in analytical writing section of GRE examination.
23rd September 2016, 08:41 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the tips I can follow to start the preparation for GRE exam for the first attempt?

GRE stands for Graduate Record Examination. This examination tests your Analytical Writing, Quantitative and Verbal skills. To get good score in GRE examination, you need to practice and practice as much as possible.

For Analytical Writing :-
In Analytical Writing section, you will have two essays. One is based on Issue task and the another is based on Argument task. You can refer any coaching center preparation material or ETS official website for sample essays and how essays are scored and you can prepare according to the score you require.

For Quantitative :-
In Quantitative, there will be two sections with 20 questions each. The questions will be from Algebra, Geometry, Arithmetic and Data Interpretation concepts. You need to practice as many as questions from these concepts to get good score in Quantitative.

For Verbal :-
To get good score in Verbal section, you need to have a good vocabulary. If you are not good at vocabulary, I suggest you to practice flash cards from online websites like Magoosh, GREPrep, etc.,. These tips definitely helps you to get good score in GRE examination in the first attempt.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?