7th October 2016, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

What is I-20 Form? Why is it necessary to submit for studying in US through IDBI Bank Education Loan scheme?

I am preparing for GRE and looking forward to visit US for studying MS course. But I need an Education Loan to complete my study. After going on the official website of IDBI Bank for Education Loan purpose, I came to know that I have to submit the I-20 Form. Kindly tell me what is I-20 Form and why it is necessary to submit?

8th October 2016, 05:26 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is I-20 Form? Why is it necessary to submit for studying in US through IDBI Bank Education Loan scheme?

I-20 is termed as Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant students. This is basically for the overseas students. I-20 form is given by the institute from which you got admission call and you are seeking admission. This is extremely important in order to know the authenticity of admission and also in the visa process along with entry in the USA. Thus, the banks ask for the I-20 form for studies in USA to ensure the authenticity of admission call letter and also to know your eligibility for the course and US visa.
8th October 2016, 09:46 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is I-20 Form? Why is it necessary to submit for studying in US through IDBI Bank Education Loan scheme?

I-20 form is nothing but the admission letter which will you receive within 2-3 weeks from the US university after getting admission in the university for pursuing MS course. It is mandatory to submit I-20 form to any bank for getting an Education to pursue MS course. Along with I-20, you have to submit your Degree marks sheet photocopies, passport size photos, salary slips, residence proofs, etc.,. After submitting all these documents, the bank will verify them and if found correct, your education loan will be sanctioned within 10-15 working days.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?