10th October 2016, 12:15 PM
Unregistered

Can I get age relaxation in DMRC Assistant Engineer recruitment being a 27 years old ST candidate?

I am 27 years old and I want to apply in DMRC Assistant Engineer recruitment. I have done ITI in Civil Draughtsman and belongs to ST category. I want to know that I can get age relaxation?

14th October 2016, 07:32 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get age relaxation in DMRC Assistant Engineer recruitment being a 27 years old ST candidate?

The age limit for Delhi Metro Assistant Engineer recruitment examination is:

>>General candidate: 18-28 years.

Three years upper age relaxation to Other backward caste and five years to SC/ST candidates.

Age limit for ST candidates with age relaxation will be 18-33 years. You are 27 years old, you can apply for exam at http://www.delhimetrorail.com. Last date for registration is 15th October, 2016.
14th October 2016, 07:54 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get age relaxation in DMRC Assistant Engineer recruitment being a 27 years old ST candidate?

Yes, in government jobs you can get 5 years age relaxation, if you belong to ST category. Just make sure you fulfill the age criteria after adding relaxation.

To make sure you get the benefit, you need to have a caste certificate in the prescribed format. Also, you have to show the domicile certificate.
14th October 2016, 10:12 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of DMRC is Delhi Metro Rail Corporation. It has recently released notification for more than 3000 posts.

1. In official notification it is mentioned that OBC candidates will get upper age relaxation of three years and SC/ST candidates will get 5 years age relaxation.

2. General age limit is 18-28 years. You belong to ST and your present age is only 27 years then you can easily apply for this exam.

Official notification for this exam: DMRC advertisement .
14th October 2016, 11:29 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get age relaxation for the post of Assistant Engineer in DMRC. Yes there is an age relaxation for ST candidates as there is an age relaxation applicable. The basic age criteria required for appearing in Assistant Engineer DMRC recruitment is as follows.

>> Minimum Age Required - 18 years

>> Maximum Age Allowed - 28 years

There will be an age relaxation applicable for reserved category candidates.

* For OBC Candidates - 3 years

* For SC/ ST Candidates - 5 years

As you belong to ST category, I am very sure that you are eligible to get an age relaxation of 5 years for ST category candidates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?