24th October 2016, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Indian navy or Indian air force on the basis of diploma in mechanical engineering?

I am a diploma holder in mechanical engineering from Maharashtra. My present age is 20 years. I'm interested in building of my career & also serve the nation through Indian navy or Indian air force. If I am eligible, please tell me.
Mahesh Nathe
Contact no 7721056123

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility for joining Indian Navy or Indian Air Force 2015
  2. Can I join the Indian Air Force after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? How can I join the Air Force? -- [New]
  3. What is the procedure followed to join Indian Air Force after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  4. Why girls are not eligible to join Indian Air Force on 10th basis?
  5. Am I eligible to join Indian Air force after diploma in IT?
  6. How can I join Indian Army, Air Force or Navy after diploma in Mechanical? How to join after B.E Mechanical? What is the maximum age limit for joining defense? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. How can I join Air Force, Army or Navy after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  8. Eligibility to join Indian Air Force/Navy for ECE Diploma holder?
  9. How can I join Indian Army, Navy or Air Force after completion of Diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering?
  10. How can I join Indian Air Force being a 18 years old Diploma Mechanical Engineer?
  11. How can I join Indian Air Force after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  12. Procedure to join Indian air force after diploma in mechanical engineering?
  13. How can I join Indian Air Force after diploma in mechanical engineering?
  14. How can I join Indian Air Force as a Pilot after completing B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering)? Percentage required to join? Entrance exams to join?
  15. Can I join Indian Air Force after passing diploma? In which force can I join? What is the date of the entrance?
  16. Can I join indian air force after completing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  17. What can I do to join Indian Air Force after Diploma engineering?
  18. How can I join Indian Navy after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course?
24th October 2016, 09:07 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian navy or Indian air force on the basis of diploma in mechanical engineering?

No, you are not eligible to join Indian Navy and Indian Air Force and after diploma degree from any recognised university.

To join the service you have to pursue the B.Tech or B.E degree from any recognised university and the examination is conducted as CDS by UPSC twice every year.

The age limit is 19-22 years for Navy and 19-23 years for Indian Air Force. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
24th October 2016, 11:13 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian navy or Indian air force on the basis of diploma in mechanical engineering?

After completing diploma in mechanical engineering course you can join Indian Navy or Indian Airforce but, as your age is 20 years, so it will be a problem for you.

In order to join Indian Navy or Indian Airforce you have to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:

> You should have completed your 12th standard in science stream with physics, chemistry and mathematics or its equivalent qualification from a recognized board.

> Age should be in between 16.5 years to 19 years.

> Unmarried Male candidates are preferred.

> You should be physically fit.

> You must be an Indian citizen.

You have to appear for the NDA, CDS entrance examination if you want to join Indian Airforce or Indian Navy. These examinations are conducted by UPSC twice in a year. Hence, if you score well in these examination the you can surely join Indian Navy or Indian Air Force.
25th October 2016, 03:42 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, I am sorry to say that you cannot join Indian Navy/Air force after completion of your Diploma course, you should have completed your graduation from a recognized university and will have to appear for NDA/CDS examination, upon clearing which you will be most eligible to join Indian Navy/Airforce.
26th October 2016, 12:57 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a diploma holder in mechanical engineering from Maharashtra. My present age is 20 years. I'm interested in building of my career & also serve the nation through Indian navy or Indian air force. If I am eligible, please tell me.
Mahesh Nathe
Contact no 7721056123
As per age criteria, you are not eligible for Indian Air Force and Indian Navy through NDA exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam.

Candidates who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Mathematics and Physics subject is compulsory for Indian Air Force and Indian Navy post.

Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years.
2nd June 2018, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have passed diploma in mechanical engineering with 84%.my d.o.b.is 14.6.99.can I eligible for sailor AA Feb 2019 course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?