27th October 2016, 05:57 PM
mishin bhoi

Qualification required for IAS? What is the job of IAS?

Hello Sir, I want to join IAS but I know nothing about it. I want to know what is IAS and what is the qualification required for it? What is the job of IAS? Please answer as soon as possible.

31st October 2016, 01:48 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Qualification required for IAS? What is the job of IAS?

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service and it is a highest post in administrative post that a civilian can achieve through Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

* The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in Civil Services examination are as here under :-

a) You must have the citizenship of India.

b) You must have completed your graduation degree course any subject of your choice from a recognized university. Students pursuing the final year of their degree course are also eligible.

c) Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years. For reserved category age relaxation is applicable as per the government norms.

* Also the examination is held in three stages which includes Preliminary Test, Mains and Personal Interview respectively.

As you are concerned about the job of IAS officer then they are basically posted as administrative officer like District Magistrate,( DM ), etc. and hence they are concerned about maintaining the law and order in their concerned district and departments.

For more details regarding Civil Services examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
31st October 2016, 03:34 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

The required qualification to appear for Civil Services examination conducted for recruitment as an I.A.S is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years relaxation in age for reserved category.

The examination is conducted in three stages and candidates after qualifying in each stage are eligible for next stage.

There is different job of I.A.S at different level but mostly they are the head at district level and have to look after all the works at the district level.
31st October 2016, 05:37 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services.

Eligibility criteria for IAS examination called as Civil Services examination:

1. You must have done bachelor's degree in any stream to apply for Civil Services examination. Those who are studying in final year of bachelor's degree can also apply for Civil Services examination.

2. The minimum age limit is 21 years and upper age limit is 32 years.

Job of Indian Administrative Services officer is took after administration of district in which he is posted, implement developmental policies and government programmes at district level and to collect revenue.
31st October 2016, 07:09 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishin bhoi View Post
Hello Sir, I want to join IAS but I know nothing about it. I want to know what is IAS and what is the qualification required for it? What is the job of IAS? Please answer as soon as possible.
IAS stand for Indian Administrative service. Recruitment to the IAS post is done through the Civil Service examination which is organised by the Union Public Service (UPSC). Recruitment to the IAS post follow three stages :

1. Preliminary written exam (Objective type)
2. Mains exam (Subjective type)
3. Interview.

passing in the preliminary written exam will lead you to the main exam and then clearing the main exam will lead you to another stage that is final round of personal interview. Final merit list will be prepared according to all the three stages.

For applying to IAS post, aspirants needs to possess these following eligibility:

1. Aspirant should be an Indian Citizen.

2. Aspirant should have passed or appeared in a final year of graduation from recognized university in any discipline.

3. Aspirant age should be minimum 21 years but not more than 32 years (General), for OBC (21-35 years), for SC/ST (21-37 years).

IAS exam also has a limitation in attempts and it vary from category to category:
  • For General category: 6 times
  • For OBC: 9 times.
  • For SC/ST : upto age limit.

The job of IAS officer is to look after law and order, general administration and development work in their area.

For more information log on to : www.upsc.gov.in/
31st October 2016, 07:12 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service and as the name suggests an IAS officer is basically responsible for maintaining a good law and order situation with smooth development in their respective field.

--> Also to be an IAS officer one has to qualify Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year in three stages which includes Preliminary Test, Mains and Personal Interview respectively.

--> Also to be eligible for appearing in the same examination you must have the qualifications given below :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie with 21 years to 32 years in case you belong to general category. Further age relaxation of 3 years, 5 years and 10 years are applicable for OBC, SC/ST and PH candidates respectively.

* You must have completed your bachelor degree course in any discipline from a recognized university.

For further details about Civil services examination you must refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
31st October 2016, 07:39 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Qualification for Indian Administrative Services examination:

* Graduation in any discipline from any recognized university of India. Final year undergraduate candidates can also apply for Civil Services examination.

*Age limit is 21-32 years.

Job of IAS officer:

*To look after administration of area in which you are posted.

*To look after law and order.

*To collect revenue so called District collector.
31st October 2016, 07:47 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

UPSC conducts Civil Services examination every year for different services like IAS, IRS, IPS etc. Civil Services examination is considered to be one of the toughest examination of India where lacs of candidates appear for 1000 posts. Top 100 ranks are able to get selected in Indian Administrative Services.

The qualification required for this examination is bachelor's degree. Anyone who has completed bachelor's degree or appearing for final year examination can apply for Civil Services examination. There are six attempts for general, nine for OBC and no limit till upper age limit for SC/ST candidates.

It has three stages, first stage is preliminary, second stage is mains exam and last stage is interview.

Job of IAS:

>>Framing and implementation of policy at district level.

>>Disbursement of funds to different departments, to blocks etc.

>>Maintaining law and order in district.

>>Personal Supervision of different programmes.

Role of IAS officer changes with experiences. He can get post upto Cabinet Secretary where assists PM Office.
1st November 2016, 12:51 AM
jpiyush508
Junior Member+

In order to Become IAS officer, you need to apply for Civil services examination conducted by the Union Public service commission.
For which, you must have completed graduation in any of the stream from Recognised university, there is no minimum marks required.
Minimum age required is 21 years.
Major work for IAS officer involves Administration of the city.
1st November 2016, 10:11 AM
Suraj Singh 7494

To become an IAS officer you have to be appear for the IAS exam and than Interview. Than you can become a IAS officer.
For IAS exam the candidate must have these eligibility:
Candidate must be a citizen of India.
Candidate must have a qualification of graduation or Bachelor's degree from a recognized university.
Candidate age must be above than 21 years and less than 30 years. OBC get 2 years age relaxation, SC/ST get 5 years age relaxation, PHD get 5 years age relaxation, Ex-serviceman gets 10 year age relaxation.
3rd March 2017, 08:50 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I want to know that I am pursuing B.A ( hon. ) pol.science 1st year after complete 1st year I can join the coaching of I.A.S and plzz tell me that from where I have to take coaching ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?