6th November 2016, 02:41 PM
Unregistered

Can I become eligible for IIT JEE after completing 12th from NIOS?

I have completed my 12th with PCB but I didn't knew that maths is compulsory for genetic engineering. Now I am thinking that I will complete my 12th with PCMB through NIOS by dropping 1 year and after that I will be applicable for giving the entrance exam of IIT or not?

6th November 2016, 05:42 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become eligible for IIT JEE after completing 12th from NIOS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my 12th with PCB but I didn't knew that maths is compulsory for genetic engineering. Now I am thinking that I will complete my 12th with PCMB through NIOS by dropping 1 year and after that I will be applicable for giving the entrance exam of IIT or not?
After completion of 12th from NIOS, you are eligible for IIT JEE exam.

You have completed 12th with PCB subject so you are not eligible for IIT JEE exam.

If you have completed 12th with PCM then you are eligible for IIT JEE exam.

Yes, mathematics is compulsory for Genetic Engineering course.
6th November 2016, 07:17 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

First thing which I would like to let you know that for admission in IITs you will need to qualify which has replaced IIT JEE and AIEEE since 2012.

Yes you will be definitely eligible for appearing in JEE ( Joint Entrance Examination ) and hence for admission in IITs after completing your Class 12th with PCMB group from NIOS board which is one of the three national board of education of India. But meanwhile you must have the qualifications given here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age lying under 25 years by the 31st December of that year in which you are appearing in the same examination.

* You must have completed your Class 12th with PCM group that much aggregate that makes you lie within the top 20 percentile candidate of your board examination or manages to at least secure 75% in the same.

For further details regarding the same examination you can log on to the link www.jeemain.nic.in.
7th November 2016, 02:00 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are very much eligible to appear for IIT JEE entrance examination after completion of your 12th board examination with NIOS, there is no such problem in it. You should just prepare well as clearing the above mentioned entrance examination is not that easy.
7th November 2016, 03:53 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you will be eligible for IIT-JEE after the completion of class 12th from NIOS.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th from a recognised Board are eligible to appear in the said examination.
Mathematics is necessary to opt for the Engineering courses.
So, you must choose PCM in class 12th in order to be eligible for it.
16th July 2020, 10:41 PM
Unregistered

Sir,my 12th board marks not very well
Than I want to study again 12 through nios .
Can I eligible for iit
20th June 2023, 02:24 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 12th with pcb streadm from bihar board and later i realised that without maths i can't get better fields that's why i take admission in nios for only getting intermediate degree in mathematics by clearing 75%criteria of jee mains now at this time am i able to give jee main exam or not???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?