24th December 2016, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

How to become an air force pilot after 10th with 85% marks?

My name is Sohail Balmik and I live in Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh. I have passed my 10th board exam and got 85%. I want to become an Air force pilot but I didn't known how to make it.

25th December 2016, 11:32 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an air force pilot after 10th with 85% marks?

There are two ways to join the Flying Branch and eventually become a Fighter Pilot of IAF :-

* NDA Entry (after 12th Science with PCM subjects)

* After Graduation (any 3 or 4 years long Graduation course along with 12th standard Science stream with PCM subjects)

One can become pilot through NDA exam,clearing which have to undergo a 3 year training at NDA, Khadakwasla, followed by flying training at Air Force Training establishments. After which the candidate will be commissioned as "permanent commission officers" and may be posted as pilots at any Air Force station.

Eligibility for NDA Entry :-

Academic qualification :10+2 in Science stream with Physics and Mathematics subjects.

Age limit : 16½ to 19½ years

After Graduation (CDSE, AFCAT ,SSC and NCC entry modes):

Through CDSE (for men only)

After clearing the CDSE in order to join Air Force Academy (AFA), the candidate is kept under training from AFA, and get permanent commission as pilots.

Through NCC Special entry (for men only)

The candidate can apply to the Flying Branch of the Indian Air Force if holds an Air Wing Senior Division ’C’ Certificate of the National Cadet Corps (NCC) . Only men can join the Air Force through this mode of entry and will be given a Permanent Commission.

Through AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test)

This exam allows both men and women to get into the flying branch for Short Service Commission (SSC) i.e. for 14 years.
26th December 2016, 03:29 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an air force pilot after 10th with 85% marks?

For becoming an air force pilot, you need to first pass class 12th with PCM stream and then crack NDA exam. At the moment you are not eligible for such posts.

Hence, study well in class 12th and also be prepared for NDA exam. Selection will be on the basis of written exam and SSB interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?