29th December 2016, 02:03 PM
Unregistered

Which is better, B.Tech biotech or B.Sc biotech?

Respected Sir, my dear friends, I want to know that which field is better B.Tech biotech or B.Sc biotech? Actually, I have passed my class 12th and my aim is to become a great scientist in this field of bio like I want to work on genetic level and many thing. Please tell me the best way to reach at my aim.

29th December 2016, 06:20 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is better, B.Tech biotech or B.Sc biotech?

I can strongly suggest you to go with B.Tech Biotech rather than B.Sc in Biotech course. As you have successfully passed 12th Class, you are eligible to apply for B.Tech in Biotech Engineering or B.Sc in Biotechnology. As we all know that Bachelor of Technology course offers wide range of job opportunities in any field rather than in Bachelor of Science course. As you are willing to become a Scientist, you are required to choose the best path in order to reach your goal. Upon successful completion of B.Tech in Biotech course you may also pursue M.Tech in Biotechnology course through GATE or other state level entrance examination's. After successful completion of M.Tech course, you may pursue Ph.D (Doctoral Program) in the same field to become Scientist in Biotechnology field. Make sure you have good command over the concepts in the Biotechnology field to find better career.
29th December 2016, 10:47 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

As per my knowledge B.Tech biotech is best than b.sc biotech.The Duration of B.Tech(4 years) is more than the B.Sc(3 years).Scope and job opportunity of B.Tech Biotechnology is very much higher.

Companies always prefer students from B.Tech than B.Sc in any field.if you want to study in Biotechnology field then it is better to study B.Tech Biotechnology.you may also appear in GATE in biotechnology paper after B.Tech in biotechnology.
30th December 2016, 12:31 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Either of the courses is good for your future and it solely depends upon your own choice as to which one you wish to opt for.

The basic difference between the courses is that one provides you an overview idea of the field and the other(B.Tech) gives a thorough knowledge about the field.

Moreover, if you opt for job just after the completion of your graduation or after higher qualification, there are more chances of a candidate with B.Tech degree to avail the post as compared to B.Sc degree.
6th October 2021, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

Which is the best college in Maharashtra for Btech Bio-Tech ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?