12th August 2017, 02:03 PM
Unregistered

Can I open my pathology lab after M.sc in microbiology?

Hello, I have completed my M.Sc in microbiology in 2012 and I am keenly interested in pathology lab work. I want to know whether I am eligible for opening my own pathology lab? If yes, how and what is the criteria? If no then what is the qualification to open a pathology lab? How can I pursue it? Please reply soon to my query. My email address is [email protected].

12th August 2017, 10:00 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I open my pathology lab after M.sc in microbiology?

Having completed M.Sc in Microbiology, you might be having full knowledge on various pathology related tests.

But that would not give you full eligibility or control to run a Pathology lab.

MCI stands for Medical Council of India.

As stated by MCI, it is very clear that any one can run Pathology lab. But the Pathology tests can be conducted by people who are eligible to do it.

The most important thing is that the reports have to be signed by MCI approved Pathologist who is in practice.

If they are not signed by such Pathologists, then those reports are not considered as valid.

To become a Pathologist, one should have completed MBBS and Pathology related courses also.

Since Microbiology will not be considered under Pathology, I would suggest you to hire a Pathologist.

You can open the Pathology lab. Even for this also, registration or license is mandatory. Get that and all the reports which you will generate, make them signed by Pathologist.

Please be legal in all aspects otherwise it would be a problem for you in the future..
13th August 2017, 01:42 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I open my pathology lab after M.sc in microbiology?

I have completed my nsc in microbiology and have done six months training certificate also.. But not have any good job.. Can you please suggest what should I do.. Please reply me on my email id- [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?