15th September 2017, 12:46 PM
km0456

Can I apply for WBCS if doing graduation from distance University?

I am a student of distance education ( IGNOU) in Zoology (BSC-hon). Can I give the exam WBCS with Distance certificate?? Is this approved in WBCS exam?? Please, give me the right information.Besides, is Distance certificate neglected or non-facility than Regular certificate??Is it same value the two certificates (Distance & Regular) in WBCS? Kindly, I expect that you have given to me the right information. Thanking you.

15th September 2017, 07:25 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for WBCS if doing graduation from distance University?

Yes, candidates who have done bachelor's degree from Indira Gandhi National Open University are eligible for West Bengal Civil Services examination. The academic qualification required for this exam is bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university.

IGNOU is UGC and DEC approved university and its degree is at par with degree of any other university. The age limit for this exam is 21-32 years. You will not face any issue at any stage of this exam because of pursuing Bachelor's degree in distance mode.

15th September 2017, 07:33 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of WBCS is West Bengal Civil Services exam:

1. You must have done bachelor's degree in distance or regular mode from a recognized university. IGNOU is recognized and its degree has validity everywhere. It has same value as other degree.

2. The age criteria for this exam is 21-32 years.

The different stages of this exam is Preliminary, Mains and interview.

15th September 2017, 07:44 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

WBCS refers to West Bengal Civil Services and same examination is held by West Bengal Public Service Commission for recruitment at executive and other comparative posts.

As far as you are concerned about the validity of your B.Sc Zoology Honors degree from IGNOU ( Indian Gandhi National Open University ) for appearing in WBCS examination then for that you must not worry as the degree by IGNOU is recognized for any PCS examination and is treated equivalent to a regular mode degree as IGNOU is one of the Central university.

For more details regarding WBCS examination you can refer to its official link i.e; www.pscwbonline.gov.in .

15th September 2017, 07:56 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

The full form of WBCS is West Bengal Civil Services.

It is the state Civil Services of West Bengal. The eligibility criteria is:

Academic qualification for WBCS exam is bachelor's degree from a recognized university. The degree obtained from IGNOU is accepted for WBCS exam. The degree has same value as compared to other college degree.

The age criteria for WBCS exam is 21-32 years.

15th September 2017, 08:22 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes you definitely apply for WBCS ( West Bengal Civil Services ) examination after completing your graduation from IGNOU ( Indira Gandhi National Open University ) which is one of the Central University of India whose degree is accepted by every service commission and university.

* Apart from the educational qualification, the basic qualifications which you must have for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

i) You must be an Indian citizen.

ii) You must have the knowledge to read and write Bengali language.

iii) Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years. Further there is provision of age relaxation for reserved category candidates as per the government norms. Also the lower age limit for group B posts is 20 years.

For more details regarding the WBCS examination you can refer to the link www.pscwbonline.gov.in .

15th September 2017, 08:33 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for WBCS ( West Bengal Civil Service ) Examination. The examination is conducted for recruitment of candidates as an officer in various department.

The required qualification to appear in examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

It is mandatory to have better knowledge of Bengali language to appear in examination.

The age limit to appear in examination is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

So, you must start or continue your preparation for examination to qualify in examination.

15th September 2017, 08:45 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

WBCS stands for West Bengal Civil Service. The basic criteria for this competitive entrance exam is bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Final year bachelor's degree candidate can also apply for this exam. IGNOU distance education candidate can also apply for this exam.

The degree of Indira Gandhi National Open University is valid for this exam. Its value is same as regular academic degree and acceptability remains same. The age criteria for exam is 21-32 years.

15th September 2017, 08:49 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in WBCS examination. WBCS ( West Bengal Civil Service ) examination is conducted every year for recruitment in different service in West Bengal.

The eligibility to appear in examination is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university from corresponding or regular course.

The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

It is mandatory to have better understanding of Bengali language to appear in examination.

So, you can appear in examination and after qualifying in all three stages of examination will be eligible for final recruitment.

15th September 2017, 08:51 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for West Bengal Civil Services examination is:

*The academic qualification is bachelor's degree from a recognized university.

You can apply for WBCS exam after pursuing bachelor's degree in distance mode from IGNOU. The value of degree remains same.

The age criteria for this exam is 21-32 years.

15th September 2017, 08:51 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria required for WBCS:-
Candidate must be able to speak, read and write in Bengali.
Candidate must be a graduation degree holder from a recognized university.
For SC/ST candidates of WB- 37 years.
For OBC candidate of WB- 35 years.
SC ST candidates of other states will; be decided as the general category candidates.
There are no limitations for number of attempts.

If you are pursuing from distance mode then it is very important that your college or university should be recognized. Otherwise degree should not be valid.

15th September 2017, 08:54 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

The eligibility criteria for West Bengal Civil Services exam:

Academic qualification: Bachelor's degree from a recognized university.

Your degree from IGNOU is 100% valid for this entrance exam.

Age criteria: 21-32 years.

You can apply for WBCS exam after pursuing graduation from distance university.

15th September 2017, 08:57 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

West Bengal Civil Services examination is conducted by State Government of West Bengal.

The academic qualification required for WBCS exam is bachelor's degree from a recognized university. IGNOU is UGC and DEC recognized university.

The age criteria for WBCS exam is 21-32 years. Three years to OBC and five years to SC/ST candidates.

You can apply for WBCS exam.

16th September 2017, 02:01 AM
manjira...

Quote:
Originally Posted by km0456 View Post
I am a student of distance education ( IGNOU) in Zoology (BSC-hon). Can I give the exam WBCS with Distance certificate?? Is this approved in WBCS exam?? Please, give me the right information.Besides, is Distance certificate neglected or non-facility than Regular certificate??Is it same value the two certificates (Distance & Regular) in WBCS? Kindly, I expect that you have given to me the right information. Thanking you.
Yes you can definitely apply for WBCS with a graduation degree from distance university.The candidates need to have a graduation degree from a recognized university. Candidates from both regular and distance university that are recognized by UGC are eligible to apply for WBCS.

WBCS is West Bengal Civil Service is conducted by West Bengal Civil Service Commission for recruitment in different administration posts of West Bengal State. Deputy Magistrate, Deputy Collector and Block Development Officers are also selected through this exam. Recruitment in different groups is based on the score.

The eligibility criteria to apply for WBCS are:-

><Candidates should have a graduation degree in any stream from a recognized university. Both regular and distance university candidates are eligible.

><Final year candidates can also apply for this exam. There is also no minimum marks required.

><Age of the general candidates should be between 21-32years. Upper relaxation of 5 years is provided for SC/ST candidates and 3 years for OBC candidates.

><Candidates should be Indian citizen.

><Candidates should be able to write, read and speak in Bengali.

><There is no limitation on the number of attempts.

Selection Procedure:-

>>Preliminary Examination-It includes questions on English Composition, General Science, Current Affairs, History of India, Geography related to West Bengal,Indian Polity and Economy, Indian National Movement and General Mental Ability.

>>Main Examination- It consist of 5 compulsory subjects and 2 optional subjects.

>>Interview- Candidates need to qualified the other two levels to become eligible.

16th September 2017, 09:52 AM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by km0456 View Post

Yes, you are eligible to apply for WBCS (West Bengal Civil Services) after completing your B.SC zoology degree through distance learning from IGNOU. Here below are eligibility conditions for WBCS:-

Eligibility Criteria:-

>> Minimum qualification required to apply is bachelors degree or equivalent qualification from government recognized institute.

>> Age limit to apply for WBCS is 21 to 32 years, Relaxation of 3 years in age limit for OBC candidate, Relaxation of 5% for candidate belongs to SC/ST category.

>> For WBCS applicant must able to speak Bengali language.

>> For WBCS applicant must be Indian citizen.

Selection Procedure:-
There are three steps in selection procedure and are as follows:-

1). Written exam.

2). Personality test.

3). Medical exam.

>> For more details please visit www.pscwb.org.in.

22nd September 2017, 05:57 AM
salman@9292

there are same elligible criteria if you come under it then you can aply for it the list of elligibility is

Minimum qualification required to apply is bachelors degree or equivalent qualification from government recognized institute.

Age limit to apply for WBCS is 21 to 32 years, Relaxation of 3 years in age limit for OBC candidate, Relaxation of 5% for candidate belongs to SC/ST category.

For WBCS applicant must able to speak Bengali language.

For WBCS applicant must be Indian citizen.

9th December 2017, 03:00 PM
Unregistered

Can someone apply for WBCS if doing graduation BBA from sikkim manipal University? Here SIKKIM MANIPAL UNIVERSITY is UGC, DEC recognised as i know. If he qualify, is there any problem in joining job for distance course? Please reply urgently.

10th January 2018, 06:57 PM
Unregistered

Can someone apply for WBCS if doing graduation BBA from sikkim manipal University? Here SIKKIM MANIPAL UNIVERSITY is UGC, DEC recognised as i know. If he qualify, is there any problem in joining job for distance course? Please reply urgently.

19th March 2018, 08:07 PM
Unregistered

I am a final year B. A candidate and doing my graduation from N. S. O. U. Can I sit W. B. C. S exam this year. Please, give me the information.

23rd July 2018, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

My brother is doing graduation from Netaji Suvash Open University. Is he eligible for WBCS exam?

24th January 2019, 09:47 AM
Unregistered

I am a graduate from Netaji Subhas open university which is UGC approved.am I eligible to attend wbcs exam?

19th February 2019, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

If complete my graduation from himalayan open University can I take wbcs exam without any allegations.

15th May 2019, 10:23 AM
Unregistered

I have complete my study from netaji subhas open university..am I eligible for wbcs??

19th June 2019, 11:02 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have to do distance university certificates granted WBCS, Upsc exam any government job. Sir answer me

12th July 2019, 04:26 PM
Unregistered

If I done bachelor preparatory program from the University of IGNOU. Can I eligible for wbcs exam????

10th September 2019, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir/madam please help me I am graduate from BBMKU University,dhanbad
in Jharkhand, Hons in Chemistry.i am also from West Bengal,so can I apply wbcs???
I hope you giving me a satisfy answer.
Thank you.

5th October 2019, 06:42 PM
Unregistered

Can i apply for wbcs if doing graduation from distance university of NOU?

5th October 2019, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for wbcs if doing graduation from distance university of NOU?

1st November 2019, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

I completed graduation in 2017 from svsu university through Distance Mood .
Can I appear at WBCS, and WB Police (SI ) exams?

15th February 2020, 11:42 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of Netaji Subhas Open University ( NSOU) in bangla (B.A-hon). Can I give the exam WBCS with this certificate?? Is this approved in WBCS exam?? Please, give me the right information.Besides, is Distance certificate neglected or non-facility than Regular certificate??Is it same value the two certificates (Distance & Regular) in WBCS? Kindly, I expect that you have given to me the right information. Thanking you.

26th April 2020, 04:12 PM
Unregistered

I am student of binod bihari mahato kolyanchal University can i appear in wbcs exam?

11th June 2020, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

can i apply wbcs exam if i have two bachler degree ?? if it is possible that time i show both degree wbcs exam from filup??

21st June 2020, 09:21 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply wbcs(gr a) exam if doing gnm diploma?

6th January 2021, 10:48 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for wbcs? I am bpp from IGNOU and graduate from IGNOU.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?