25th January 2018, 12:14 AM
ipsoffer

Minimum education required for appearing in UPSC exam and procedure to apply for it?

I have passed B.Sc. Can I appear for Union Public Service Commission exam for become an IPS officer? What is the minimum educational requirements for it? If I'm eligible than how should I apply for it?

28th January 2018, 12:26 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Minimum education required for appearing in UPSC exam and procedure to apply for it?

Yes, you are eligible to appear for Civil Service Examination and after qualifying in entrance examination will become eligible for recruitment as an I.P.S Officer.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university. The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper limit for reserved category.

You can apply for entrance examination at it's official website www.upsc.gov.in.

The application form will be available from February. The first stage ( Preliminary ) will be conducted on 03rd June 2018.
28th January 2018, 04:16 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Minimum education required for appearing in UPSC exam and procedure to apply for it?

First thing I would like to let you know is that to be an IPS ( Indian Police Service ) officer you need to qualify Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

--> The basic qualifications required for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

* You must have the citizenship of India.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your bachelor degree course in any subject from a recognized university. Students pursuing final year of their degree course are eligible for appearing in the same examination.

* You must satisfy the certain physical fitness requirement norms.

So having completed your B.Sc ( Bachelor of Science ) degree course you are certainly eligible for appearing in Civil Services examination as per your educational qualification but you satisfy other criteria too.

For more details associated to Civil Services examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
28th January 2018, 09:27 PM
randhirk.rk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipsoffer View Post
I have passed B.Sc. Can I appear for Union Public Service Commission exam for become an IPS officer? What is the minimum educational requirements for it? If I'm eligible than how should I apply for it?
YES, You are eligible to apply.

Next UPSC Civil Services Prelims exams notification would be released by UPSC 7th February 2018.
Last date to apply is 6th March 2018.
UPSC Prelims exams is on 3rd June 2018.

You can apply for the exams once notification comes out through UPSC website.

Educational Qualifications to appear in this exams:Graduation pass in any stream from an recognised University

Age Limit:Minimum 21 years for all candidates
Maximum age is 32 years for General category candidates
3 years age relation for OBC candidates
5 years for SC/ST candidates
31st January 2018, 05:55 PM
Vikasjhacds

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipsoffer View Post
After passing BSc from recognised University you are eligible for appearing in civil services exam.

Civil services exam is for group A and B post in different services like:-
Indian Administrative Service
Indian police service
Indian Foreign Service

There are three stages of selection:-
Prelims exam (only objective)
Mains exam (objective and subjective both)
Interview

For more detail log onto UPSC official website
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?