28th January 2018, 02:37 PM
Saddam Husan

What requirements and criteria needs to be fulfilled for opening our own Pathology Lab?

I have completed M.Sc. Microbiology and I'm keenly interested in Pathology Lab work. I wanted to know whether I'm eligible for opening my own path lab after M.Sc. degree or not? If yes, how and what are the criteria? And if no, then what shall be the qualification to open a path lab and how can I pursue it?

27th February 2018, 04:33 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What requirements and criteria needs to be fulfilled for opening our own Pathology Lab?

Yes, you can open your own Pathology Laboratory after completing your M.Sc in Microbiology but you can not sign the reports. For this you have to hire a qualified Doctor who had done MBBS with MD in Pathology.

Because according to Clinical Establishment Act of Government of India, the basic hematology reports can be done by M.Sc microbiology but the reoprt has to signed by only & only a MBBS who has a degree in MD in Pathology.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?