28th February 2018, 02:07 PM
Unregistered

Being a student of 12th Science group am I eligible to apply for RRB (Railway Recruitment Board) exams?

I am 12th student from Science stream having Biology as one of the major subjects. Can I apply for any of the departments of RRB (Railway Recruitment Board) exams?

3rd March 2018, 07:43 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Being a student of 12th Science group am I eligible to apply for RRB (Railway Recruitment Board) exams?

Yes, if you passed 10+2 with Biology subject then also you can appear for various exams of RRB.

However, you won't be able to appear for exams that require Bachelor degree of engineering/technology as eligibility.

Also, some exams require eligibility of ITI course. In such exams, you will not be able to apply.
3rd March 2018, 10:13 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Being a student of 12th Science group am I eligible to apply for RRB (Railway Recruitment Board) exams?

There are not many vacancies in the Indian Railway on the 12th qualification.

But, candidates passed 12th or equivalent are eligible for recruitment as Train Ticket Examinee and other posts.

The age limit varies with examination.

The entrance examination is conducted by Railway Recruitment Board. You are not eligible for Loco Pilot post.

For detail information regarding the examination visit at http://www.rrb.gov.in
4th March 2018, 12:33 AM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for any of the posts which require 12th passed out (with at least 55% marks) candidates in department of Railway Recruitment Board examination.

Age limit:- 18 years to 32 years
There are also reservation provided to OBC, SC/ST categories. For OBC, there are 3 years relaxation and for SC/ST, 5 years relaxation provided.
4th March 2018, 12:46 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can apply even after completing 12th having Biology as main subject.
There is no any restriction or special criteria set by the government regarding educational qualification. So no need to worry.
Age should be 18 years to 32 years.
Percentage criteria- 60 percent for general candidates and 50 to 55 percent for reserved candidates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?