8th March 2018, 11:11 AM
Unregistered

How can I become an Income Tax Officer being a 11th Commerce student? Detailed information about recruitment in Income Tax Department?

Hello guys, I am studying in 11th Commerce. I am interested to join Income Tax service. I want to become an Income Tax Officer. Kindly inform me about the recruitment and tell me the procedure to become Income Tax Officer?

12th April 2018, 06:35 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become an Income Tax Officer being a 11th Commerce student? Detailed information about recruitment in Income Tax Department?

To join Income Tax department as an officer, you have two options available through UPSC civil services exam and other through SSC CGL exam, which are for Group B level jobs in income tax department.

Selection will be on the basis of performance in the written exam conducted by UPSC and SSC. There will be interview stage too, which will also have some weightage in final selection.
12th April 2018, 06:35 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become an Income Tax Officer being a 11th Commerce student? Detailed information about recruitment in Income Tax Department?

If you want to join the Income Tax department then you have to appear and qualify for entrance examination conducted after graduation qualification.

Candidates can appear for SSC CGL or UPSC Civil Service examination.

Eligibility to appear for examination is :

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree.

The age limit varies with examination.

So, you can start preparation for the examination as according to syllabus. For more details visit at www.ssc.nic.in or www.upsc.gov.in.
13th April 2018, 12:30 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear for entrance examination to get recruitment in Income tax department on the basis of 11th std qualification.

SSC conducts CGL while UPSC conducts Civil Service examination for recruitment in Income tax department.

Candidates after qualifying in various stages of examination will become eligible to join the department.

The age limit is different for both the examination while required educational qualification is bachelor degree in any discipline.
14th April 2018, 09:40 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

In order to become income tax officer, you should start your preparation for Civil Services examination and crack it to join Indian Revenue Services. The minimum academic qualification required for Civil Services examination is bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university.

After 12th, you can pursue bachelor's degree to become eligible for this exam. The minimum age required is 21 years. For becoming Inspector in Income tax office, you can apply for SSC Combined Graduate level exam but for this exam also, minimum qualification is bachelor's degree.
14th April 2018, 07:35 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Your academic qualification is not appropriate to apply for entrance exams for becoming Income tax officer. The entrance examination for Income tax officer is Civil Services examination.

Eligibility criteria for this exam:

1. You must be a graduate from a recognized university. In final year of bachelor's degree, you can also apply for exam.

2. The age limit is 21-32 years.

Those who clear all stages of this exam become eligible to join Indian Revenue Services. They are Group A income tax officers.

You need to complete 12th then bachelor's degree to become eligible for this exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?