23rd June 2011, 03:18 PM
yashpatel220

Is commerce better or commerce with Maths? Which has a greater scope?

i m a studeny of class 11th....... i confuse tht which is better only commerce ya commerce with math???????n plz reply whch scope is better in only commerce n commerce with math.????n also give me reason plz tell me...........

5th October 2011, 07:21 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is commerce better or commerce with Maths? Which has a greater scope?

Both the subject areas have their own advantages. As mathematics is an important subject for working in any area it will be better for you to pursue commerce with maths. Later you if are opting MBA you can opt finance as your specialization also. The commerce without maths is also good option – where in you can take in the Computer applications as the main subject. But the final decision may wholly depend upon your interest. The scope of the commerce subject is high with or without mathematics. Hence choose the course and the area of specialization on the basis of the job opportunities that it may provide you.
15th December 2011, 06:32 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is commerce better or commerce with Maths? Which has a greater scope?

How many jobs i can got in maths-commerce
26th December 2011, 10:44 AM
Unregistered

can i do computer science after my 12 std commerce ??
5th February 2012, 03:32 PM
despire007

Both the subject areas have their own advantages. As mathematics is an important subject for working in any area it will be better for you to pursue commerce with maths. Later you if are opting MBA you can opt finance as your specialization also. The commerce without maths is also good option – where in you can take in the Computer applications as the main subject. But the final decision may wholly depend upon your interest. The scope of the commerce subject is high with or without mathematics. Hence choose the course and the area of specialization on the basis of the job opportunities that it may provide you.
12th February 2012, 07:53 PM
Unregistered

what jobs are available for me after doing my 12th with commerce without maths ?
7th March 2012, 03:15 PM
Unregistered

What kind of maths will be in commerce in XIth?
20th March 2012, 09:35 AM
Unregistered

what is the scope in future after taking commerce!
5th April 2012, 10:33 AM
Unregistered

I got commerce with maths from my school but i am weak in maths should i carry on with it
8th April 2012, 06:49 PM
Unregistered

is commerce with maths better or commerce with physical education?
14th April 2012, 07:51 PM
Unregistered

did there is a oppurtunity fr BCA by taking commerce-math in 11?
8th May 2012, 10:44 AM
Unregistered

CAN I BECOME A CA WITHOUT OPTING MATHS?
17th June 2012, 04:54 PM
jhlkgrwl

In commerce with maths you have options like CA, Finance related fields etc. and in commerce without maths you have courses like computer applications etc.
Mathematics of class 11 and 12 is a bit difficult so you must think over if you have interest in it.
27th June 2012, 06:12 PM
Unregistered

which course should i do after completing 2 in commerce stream but without maths
29th June 2012, 10:35 AM
Unregistered

I love mathematics and i want do CA so tell me what i have to do after 12th
28th October 2012, 08:02 PM
Lokeshthetopper

Dear aspirant,
Both the courses have a lot of scopes.

It is your interest which will help ou to choose the course.
IF without interest you will proceed with a course then your result will be hampered.
In this field you can study
CA
ICWA
MCom

In case of Mathematics:
research
MSc

and many more.

work hard and achieve your target.

Believe you can and you will on the half way.
Please do visit this website for your queries related to any entrance exam.
Best of luck
28th October 2012, 08:11 PM
Lokeshthetopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
did there is a oppurtunity fr BCA by taking commerce-math in 11?
Dear aspirant,
A lot of opportunities are there in getting jobs.
Mathematics is an important part of any exam.
SO, you should have a good grip over these topics.

They can get job in the following companies:
HCL
COGNIZANT
ACCENTURE
3I INFOTECH
INFOSYS
WIPRO

WIPRO never accepts a graduate with less than 60%.

work hard and achieve your goal.

At the same time you can appear for a lot of government jobs like:

These are a s follows:
LDC
UDC
SSC CGL
UPSC IAS

and many more.

Best of luck
28th October 2012, 08:16 PM
Lokeshthetopper

Quote:
I got commerce with maths from my school but i am weak in maths should i carry on with it
Dear aspirant,
Maths is an important part of commerce studies.
At the same time the value of maths cannot be neglected.
You have to work hard to learn mathematics or take coaching.
Once you get a grip over it it will be a simple game for you.

Please don't leave this combination.
It is one of the best combinations available for the commerce candidates.

Work hard and practice all the basic formulae and apply it in the sums.

Best of luck
28th October 2012, 08:19 PM
Lokeshthetopper

Quote:
Dear aspirant,

It will be a basic mathematics.

Logarithms
simple and compound Interest
Annuity
mixture and alligation
algebra
quadratic equations
series
differentiation
Integration

This syllabus is really very easy.
It is a simple work of 15 to 20 days to finish this syllabus.

Work hard and practice the examples after understanding then you can learn it pretty well.

Best of luck
28th October 2012, 08:22 PM
Lokeshthetopper

Quote:
can i do computer science after my 12 std commerce ??

Dear aspirant,
It is a good course to continue with.

You can work in software and hardware and networking companies.

It is a challenging field where your performance in the company plays a great role on daily basis.

You can get job in the following companies:
HCL
COGNIZANT
ACCENTURE
3I INFOTECH
INFOSYS
WIPRO

WIPRO never accepts a graduate with less than 60%.
TCS too at the same time they don't need any backlogs in the history of subjects.

Best of luck
7th November 2012, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

i m in class 10 and really very confused what to take science or commerce if any one replies also please define me the scope ahead in commmerce
7th November 2012, 06:58 PM
amber1995

there should be no doubt in your mind
110% commerce with maths has a scope as whatever you do in life maths will be useful...
but only if you have interest in maths.....
try to think that can you handle maths with other subjects...
and maths is entirely different as you have studied earlier...
31st March 2013, 07:20 PM
Unregistered

Arrow Re: Is commerce better or commerce with Maths? Which has a greater scope?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashpatel220 View Post
i m a studeny of class 11th....... i confuse tht which is better only commerce ya commerce with math???????n plz reply whch scope is better in only commerce n commerce with math.????n also give me reason plz tell me...........
commerce with maths is better because under this stream many scope you go in banking sector you applie cs ca
8th June 2013, 01:57 AM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Hi

Both are good. and both would fetch you good jobs.
However, its too early to decide.
First you should go for a graduation in your field of your interest
You may choose between any of the following fields

List of courses after 12th Commerce :
- B.Com (Professional )
- B.Com. (Computers)
- B.Com+ Cosmic Certified Accountant (CCA)
- B Com (Honours in Accounting and Finance)
- B.Com (Honors)
- B.Com (Banking and Insurance)
- BBA
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) + Graduate Diploma in Retail Management (GDRM)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) - Hotel Management
- B.B.M (Bachelor of Business Management)
- B.M.M. ( Bachelors Degree in Mass Media)
- B.A (Fashion Communication)

Commerce in Mathmatics, and commerce is just the starting of your career and usually dont have much weightage.
You graduation has more weightage.

All the best
19th June 2013, 05:13 PM
Unregistered

i have passed my igh school n dew to low marks in science i m getting commerce ........i dnt knw anything in commerce .......nnn is there any scope in commerece with maths n plzzz explain me in detail....... plzzzzz plzzzz itsssss a request.............
20th June 2013, 03:21 AM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

HI

Both commerce and commerce with maths are good.
You may choose any one of them depending upon your interest.

But if still you are confused, then you should go for commerce with Math as it would help you in all banking, CA or any other sector you may like to pursue.
Having Math would also help you in appearing for any competitive exam in future.

All the best
5th August 2013, 05:04 PM
anshu85277
Senior Member+

hello dear,

commerce measns papers of

accounts
economics
business studies
english
optional paper can be either maths or physical education or you can take both as 5th or 6th paper in class 12th,

being a commerce student i would personally advice you to go with commerce+ maths

it would be very helpful for you in future,

with maths you would be able to get hons courses in du , because most of the colleges of du dont provide hons course without maths ,

so dont skip maths otherwise you will repent once in fututre, so go with commerce+maths
7th December 2013, 01:11 AM
Unregistered

i m confused wht to do after b.com..its my final yr bt yet i hve nt decided whether to go for job or for further studies.......realy.confused
5th January 2014, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

i m a commerce without maths student and what courses are available after 12th in delhi university??
21st January 2014, 01:41 AM
Unregistered

if i take commerce without math..!.thn can i competete in ca,cs or banking xam.!....nd also tel wat to do after 12.in commerce without math.....
30th January 2014, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

i m a studeny of class 11th....... i confuse tht which is better only commerce ya commerce with math???????n plz reply whch scope is better in only commerce n commerce with math.????n also give me reason plz tell me
2nd April 2014, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

I m literally very confused whethr to opt pcm or commerce aftr 10th.....plzz tell me which among dese have much scope in future....plllzzz plzz do reply...help mee out..
2nd April 2014, 09:52 PM
Unregistered

I m literally confused whethr to opt pcm or commerce aftr 10th....plzz tell mee which amng dese hav much scope in future...plzz plzzz do rply...help mee out...
30th April 2014, 10:37 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashpatel220 View Post
i thing commerce+maths is better then only commerce because it gives you a lot of more options to choose and maths increase your ability to think.
22nd May 2014, 01:46 PM
Unregistered

I AM A STUDENT OF CLASS 11 AND I HAVE SCORED 7.4 IM MY BOARDS..... NOW I AM CONFUSED THAT WHICH IS BETTER COMMERCE WITH MATHS OR WITHOUT MATHS SO AND KINDLY SPECIFY THE SUBJECTS INVOLVED IN BOTH STREAMS .......... AND WHAT R THE OPTIONS AFTER COMPLETING 12TH....... PLZ HELP ME TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM....
7th June 2014, 11:02 AM
Unregistered

I am cmpltng 12th by cbse bord with (commerce math).
plzz tell me ab kyaaa kru???
18th March 2015, 08:24 PM
Unregistered

I m in 12th commerce with maths. But as the math of 12th board is somewhere difficult. Can I score excellent marks in all subjects (accounts,economics,math,evs,computer,bussiness,e-business,Punjabi,english). These r my all subjects in 12th.
19th March 2015, 12:57 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Taking along Mathematics with you is always a good option.
And if you have commerce then i would definitely suggest you to have mathematics along with commerce.

Mathematics not only is beneficial as a scoring subject for your boards but it also opens up many opportunities later in your career.
I have seen people who face problems as they did't have maths in their intermediate and then they had to face problems regarding many courses and exams.

Therefore, if you are getting an option of commerce with maths, DO TAKE IT!
3rd April 2015, 11:47 AM
Unregistered

What is the advantage of taking maths with commerce in 11
As in future only 9 and 10 class level maths will be useful
28th May 2015, 11:47 PM
Unregistered

Unhappy Re: Is commerce better or commerce with Maths? Which has a greater scope?

I am ganing 6.2 Cgpa in10 Class .i am take comers without math please solve my problem i am good desion or not . Comers without math job
5th April 2016, 09:37 PM
Unregistered

I am weak in maths,so which one is good comp. Or physical
21st January 2019, 02:23 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I think it will be absolutely wrong if you will carry on your maths with commerce if you are weak at it. It will be good for you to change maths with any other optional subject as there are many other career optons for you even without taking maths as an optional subject.
9th March 2020, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

is pure math is useful for higher studies in commerce?
5th August 2020, 10:20 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
it is just studying deeply about some important topic likr sets, rational and functions and trignomentry etc...... and it is use full for your career and this group helps you to write so many govt exams
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?