29th September 2018, 07:43 AM
Manohar kumar mahto

Eligibility to apply for UGC-NET(Sociology) for MA(Sociology) student who did BSc(Botany) course?

Sir/Madam, I have done my BSc with Botany and now I am doing my MA with Sociology course. I want to apply for UGC-NET with Sociology. I would like to know about the eligibility criteria for me to apply for this UGC-NET with Sociology.

30th September 2018, 02:22 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply for UGC-NET(Sociology) for MA(Sociology) student who did BSc(Botany) course?

The eligibility criteria to apply for University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test:

1. You must have done master's degree in any discipline from a recognized university to apply for the NET examination.

2. You should have minimum of 55% marks in master's degree to apply for NET examination.

3. You are eligible if you meet minimum percentage requirement. There is no upper age limit for lectureship.
30th September 2018, 02:24 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply for UGC-NET(Sociology) for MA(Sociology) student who did BSc(Botany) course?

NET refers to National Eligibility Test and it is held by NTA (National Testing Agency) on the behalf of UGC for offering JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) and lectureship across the various universities approved by UGC.

Further, to apply for NET in Sociology, the minimum education required is a master's degree in sociology with at least 55% marks from a recognized university. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed for SC/ST and PH category candidates.

So, having completed your MA in Sociology degree course ( irrespective of your subject combination at lower academic levels ), you are eligible to apply for UGC NET if you have completed your master's degree with above specified minimum marks.

For more detailed information regarding NET, you can visit the link www.nta.ac.in.
30th September 2018, 04:47 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to apply for University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test with Sociology after post graduation degree in this course.

NET requires candidates with at least 55% marks in master's degree. You must have this much of percentage of marks.

You can apply for NET exam without thinking about upper age limit.
30th September 2018, 05:56 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test:

You must have minimum academic qualification of master's degree in any stream from a recognized university of India. Post graduation final year candidates are also eligible for the exam.

If you have 55% marks or more in master's degree then you can apply for UGC NET examination.
30th September 2018, 06:41 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

The eligibility criteria to apply for University Grants Commission National Eligibility test:

~~Post graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

~~Minimum percentage of 55% marks in PG course for NET exam.

You have not mentioned your percentage of marks here. You can apply for exam only if you meet minimum percentage of marks.
30th September 2018, 07:45 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

The eligibility criteria for UGC NET examination:

Academic qualification for NET exam is master's degree with 55% marks.

Since you have done Master of Arts in sociology, you are eligible for NET in sociology subject.
1st October 2018, 08:56 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Having completed your Master's in Sociology degree course, you are eligible to appear in NET ( National Eligibility Test ) with Sociology as for appearing in the same examination, only the subject pursued in master's degree matters.

But, to get eligible for the same examination, you must have completed your master's degree course from a recognized university that too with a minimum of 55% marks ( or 50% marks in case you belong to SC/ST or PH category).

For more details regarding the NET, you can refer to the official link of examination conducting body NTA ( National Testing Agency ) i.e; www.nta.ac.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?