5th January 2019, 08:25 PM
mamatayadav19996

What should be our minimum grade in Masters to be eligible for NET or SET?

I have completed the M.Sc in Information Technology from Mumbai University. I got 7.5 grade. Am I eligible for the either NET or SET exam? If yes, then by when should I apply and when in this year exam would be conducted?

12th January 2019, 09:31 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should be our minimum grade in Masters to be eligible for NET or SET?

The full form of NET and SET is National Eligibility Test and State Eligibility Test.

Eligibility criteria for NET or SET exam:

1. You must have done master's degree in any stream from a recognized university. Final year post graduation candidates can also apply for exam.

The minimum percentage of marks required in master's degree is 55%.

If you have required percentage of marks then you can apply for NET or SET exam.
13th January 2019, 12:08 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should be our minimum grade in Masters to be eligible for NET or SET?

NET/SET refers to National Eligibility Test/ State Eligibility Test and the minimum education required to appear in these examinations is a Master's degree in concerned subject with at least 55% marks (or equivalent grade) from a recognized university. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed for candidates belonging to SC/ST and PH category.

So, having completed your M.Sc in Information technology with 7.5 grade from Mumbai University which is equivalent to 64.25%, you are eligible to apply for NET/SET.

For more details and updates regarding CSIR NET, you can refer to the link www.csirhrdg.res.in while for details regarding UGC NET, you can refer to the link www.ntanet.nic.in. Also, for details regarding different SETs, you can refer to the official link of concerned examining body.
15th January 2019, 09:53 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Candidate scored minimum 55% aggrrgate in master degree are eligible to appear for the NET.

So, if you have scored 7.5 grade point ( equivalent % will be taken in consideration ).

After qualifying in the examination you will become eligible for recruitment as lecturer or as JRF.
15th January 2019, 11:39 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

NET and SET stands for National Eligibility Test and State Eligibility Test. The minimum academic qualification required to apply for NET or SET examination is master's degree from a recognized institute with minimum of 55% marks.

With 7.5 grade in Master of Science, you can apply for NET and SET examination both.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?