27th February 2019, 02:48 AM
Unregistered

Possibility to join Indian Air Force for a candidate after completing 10th?

Respected Sir/Madam, I am studying in 9th standard and after completing my 10th, I want to join Indian Air Force. Kindly tell me that after my 10th, I can join Indian Air Force? Is it possible or not? Please tell me about this asap.

28th February 2019, 09:35 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to join Indian Air Force for a candidate after completing 10th?

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. NDA/NA examination is conducted twice every year by UPSC for selection of candidates to different wings of Defence. The minimum academic qualification required to apply for NDA exam is 12th board passed from a recognized board with PCM subjects.

The age criteria is 16.5 to 19.5 years. Only unmarried male Indian candidates can apply for this exam. You can not join Air Force through NDA exam after 10th board examination.
28th February 2019, 09:57 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to join Indian Air Force for a candidate after completing 10th?

You can not join Indian Air Force after tenth board examination. The eligibility criteria to apply for NDA/NA exam for Indian Air Force:

1. You must have done 12th from a recognized board with PCM subjects.

2. Age criteria is 16.5 to 19.5 years.

3. Unmarried male Indian citizens can apply.

You must pursue 12th to become eligible for Indian Air Force exam called NDA.
28th February 2019, 12:50 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not possible to join Indian Air Force after completion of your 10th standard. To be eligible to join Indian Air Force, you have to appear in NDA examination which is conducted by UPSC. The minimum educational qualification required to apply for NDA examination is completion of 12th standard with Mathematics and Physics subjects from a recognised board. So, being a 10th standard student, you are not eligible to appear in NDA examination for joining in Indian Air Force.
28th February 2019, 05:51 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

It is not possible to join Indian Air Force for a candidate after completion of 10th standard.

Academic qualification: Minimum qualification required is 12th with science stream subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

Age criteria: 16.5 to 19.5 years.

Those who meet above criteria can apply for NDA exam for IAF.
28th February 2019, 06:44 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

** As per my knowledge, you are not eligible to join Indian Air Force for a candidate after completing 10th.

** The minimum qualification required to join the Indian Air Force is the candidate should have passed 12th class from a recognized board.

** Also, the candidate Should be Citizen of India.
28th February 2019, 08:29 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

You can not join Indian Air Force after completing 10th standard.

~~The qualification required for officer level post in Indian Air Force is 12th passed from a recognized board.

Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects are necessary for NDA exam for IAF.

~~Age criteria is 16.5 to 19.5 years.
28th February 2019, 09:14 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Indian Air Force can be joined after passing 12th standard with physics, chemistry and mathematics as compulsory subjects from a recognised board and a candidate has to qualify the NDA examination conducted by UPSC in the month of April and September.
Therefore you are not eligible to appear in this examination papers in 10th standard.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?