27th June 2011, 07:09 PM
rohan majumdar

Maximum upper age limit to pursue 3 years LLB course?

i just want to know sir that what's the max.upper age limit for pursuing 3yrs ll.b. course in the academic session by taking admission in a law college and also can it be given in private?waiting eagerly for your reply, thank you.Can it be pursued at the age of 50+yrs.?

18th August 2011, 11:31 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Maximum upper age limit to pursue 3 years LLB course?

can i do llb after age 46.i am eagerly waiting for your reply.
1st December 2011, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

i am now 30 year old pls tell am i eligible for llb
14th January 2012, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

i am now 28 year old please tell am i eligible for llb
15th January 2012, 06:56 PM
Unregistered

is there any age relaxation for x-service man in LLB COURSE
31st January 2012, 11:57 PM
krithika.mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan majumdar View Post
i just want to know sir that what's the max.upper age limit for pursuing 3yrs ll.b. course in the academic session by taking admission in a law college and also can it be given in private?waiting eagerly for your reply, thank you.Can it be pursued at the age of 50+yrs.?
The upper age limit for 3 years LL.B course is 20 years and 5 years LL.B course is 30 years. At 50+ years it is not possible to take up LL.B course.
21st April 2012, 01:53 AM
Unregistered

i just want to know that if a LLB.student have Passed LLB.1st year and Third year From Allahabad University Allahabad But not compleated his LLB.2nd Year.Is it Possible after some Year to Attened and Get Exam.of LLb.2nd year in Age of 44 years.
21st April 2012, 03:00 PM

Location: KANGVAI BAZAR, CHURACHANDPUR DISTRICT-795128, MANIPUR STATE

No age limit. For the LLB course a candidate from any background can apply. So even candidates from science background can apply. You need to have completed at least 12th standard. The minimum percentage required will vary for each university. Also for most of the institutes there will be an entrance exam. For most of the exams the minimum requirement is 45%. Also for the other institutes it will be on merit. If your score is low you may not be able to secure admission for the same. You have the option to take correspondence course from IGNOU. Else you need to look for other options.
27th June 2012, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

i took admission into LLB 3 years course in 2011 with 45 years age now i completed my 1st semister is my age eligible for admission ?
19th July 2012, 10:54 AM
Unregistered

WHAT IS THE MAXIMUM AGE OF LLB?
19th July 2012, 11:17 AM
Unregistered

Dear friends
As per the Part-IV of Rules of Legal Education Rules notified by the Bar Council of India in 2008, Rule No. 35 the position is as under:
28. Age on admission: (a) Subject to the condition stipulated by a University on this behalf and the high degree of professional commitment required, the maximum age for seeking admission into a stream of integrated Bachelor of law degree program, is limited to twenty years in case of general category of applicants and to twenty two years in case of applicants from SC, ST and other Backward communities.
(b) Subject to the condition stipulated by a University, and the general social condition of the applicants seeking legal education belatedly, the maximum age for seeking admission into a stream of Three Year Bachelor Degree Course in Law, is limited to thirty years with right of the University to give concession of 5 further year for the applicant belonging to SC or ST or any other Backward Community.

Therefore at present its 30 yrs for Gen category candidate and 35 yrs for SC/ST candidates at the time of admission. Status is same in all the states as LLB is governed by Bar Council of India similar to med education which is governed by MCI.
Many people have approached high courts in their home states. After 1 SLP filed in the SC, the court has called all the petitions to itself. Case is on and its details of the case are as under-
Transfer petition (civil) number: 537-543/2010, title- Bar Ccouncil of India Vs Raghvendra Rao and others.
Regards,
Jag Mohan
[email protected]
5th August 2012, 06:39 PM
Unregistered

i took admission in llb in 1999 in first year but could not appear in final exams due to illness and i took admission again in first year in SD college ganganagar but unfortunately i was one day late to pay examination fees and could not appear again.Then i left studies because of frustration now i am 38 years old i want to take admission in LLB Is it possible?Manjeet Singh
5th December 2012, 12:40 PM
Unregistered

Hello Sir.. I'm at 28 now and want to do a law course.. May I sir?
11th December 2012, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

I am 38 years old , 42%marks scored in Bsc and second class(62%)in MBA. sir shall I get an admission for LLB
25th December 2012, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am exservicemen. I am 35 years old. I want to admission in regular LLB. But, I here that age limit for LLb is 30 year. Sir, is there any relaxation
for exservicemen.
26th December 2012, 02:40 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

No, LLB can not be pursued at the age of 50+. The maximum age limit is 30 years for the LLB. Only SC/ST get some relaxation and others are required to be within this limit in order to pursue LLB course.

Therefore if you have crossed this age limit then unfortunately you should consider some other option. The age limit has been introduced by Bar Council of India to make it fail field for everyone. The council felt that candidates who choose LLB as their first career choice face disadvantage due to having no age limit.

The Bar Council of India believe that priority should be given to candidates who choose law as their first career choice rather than others. It feels that candidates applying for LLB after a certain age aren't really serious about the course.

You can only pursue LLB through regular mode. This course is not offered in private. While there is a law degree through correspondence, but it is not recognized by the Bar Council of India. Therefore it is no point pursuing it.

Eligibility

1. A bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

2. Minimum of 45 percent marks in bachelor degree.

3. SC/ST candidates should score at least 40 percent marks.

4. The age limit is 30 years for LLB.

5. There is 5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
26th December 2012, 08:34 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

LLB Stands for Bachelor of Law.

The Eligibility criteria required to pursue LLB Course are mentioned below :

* you must have completed your graduation in any discipline from any recognized college/university.

* You must have a minimum of 45% marks in graduation.

* Relaxation of 5% marks is granted for Reserved Category Candidates.

* your age must be in between 21-30 years considering you to belong to General Category.

* There is also a relaxation in upper age of 5 years for those belonging to Reserved Categories.

So , on the basis of the above mentioned you cannot go for LLB course after the age of 50 years.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.

27th December 2012, 04:46 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

The acronym for LLB is Bachelor of law.

The eligibility criteria required for pursuing LLB course are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation in any discipline from any recognised college or university.

* Having 55% marks in graduation.

* Age limit must lie in between 21-30 yrs.

* For reserved category candidates, relaxation of 5% marks is granted.

* Relaxation in upper age of 5 yrs for reserved categories.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
27th December 2012, 09:13 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

LL.B. - Bachelor of Law is a three years course after Graduation Degree.

The maximum age limit for admission to the 3 years LL.B. Degree course is 30 years for General Candidate which the upper age relaxed for SC/ST candidate up to 5 years.

Apart from this the eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Graduation Degree with 45% marks in any stream of education from a recognised University.
5th January 2013, 10:52 PM
nikhinaya

The Bar Council of India believe that priority should be given to candidates who choose law as their first career choice rather than others. It feels that candidates applying for LLB after a certain age aren't really serious about the course.
The maximum age limit for admission to the 3 years LL.B. Degree course is 30 years for General Candidate which the upper age relaxed for SC/ST candidate up to 5 years.
Apart from this the eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Graduation Degree with 45% marks in any stream of education from a recognised University.
Having 55% marks in graduation.
* Age limit must lie in between 21-30 yrs.
* For reserved category candidates, relaxation of 5% marks is granted.
15th January 2013, 08:13 PM
educationindia
Senior Member+

Hi Friends.............

The maximum age limit to pursue 3 years LLB course is 30 Years & minimum is 21 years...........

ALL THE BEST............
10th November 2013, 08:07 PM

Wink Re: Maximum upper age limit to pursue 3 years LLB course?

yes you are aligible in llb 3 year
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?