20th September 2019, 09:15 AM
Unregistered

IELTS band required to get student visa for Australian universities?

Hi, I completed my Intermediate from Arts stream in the year 2017 and scored 73%. I recently took IELTS exam and scored band 5 overall with band 4.5 in one module. Is this band score enough to get student visa for Australian universities?

3rd December 2019, 11:32 AM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: IELTS band required to get student visa for Australian universities?

Good IELTS score is one of the basic requirements to get study visa. IELTS score plays an important role for getting study visa in english country and specially in good universities. You got IELTS score band 5.0 and 4.5 in one subject. It's low score in IELTS. Most Australian universities accept IELTS score overall band 6.5 and no any band lower than 6.0. You should concentrate more to achieve good score in IELTS to get study visa and admission to good university. For that, you should follow some essential steps to get good score in IELTS.

Essential Steps to Get Good Score In IELTS
- Start preparation earlier so that you get enough time for preparation.
- Make a time table for preparation for English language.
- Join best coaching to make your preparation earlier and for getting proper guidance.
- Practice daily on your English skills four ways : Reading, Listening, Speaking, Writing.
- Enrich your vocabulary.
- Learn at least 10 new words daily.
- Read longer texts on different subject areas as like management, finance, culture, history, science etc.
- Practice on speaking English about yourself as like your daily life, some memorable events, your best, how's your today etc.
- Listen English News and watch documentaries on English language.
- Attempt more and more mock tests, Analyze your mistakes, Find solutions and work smarter over your mistakes so that it can't be repeated at exam time.

IELTS Exam Pattern
- Listening : 40 Questions, 60 Minutes
- Reading : 40 Questions, 60 Minutes
- Writing : 2 Tasks, 60 Minutes
- Speaking : 3 Parts, Face to Face Conversation, 11 to 14 Minutes
19th January 2020, 06:41 AM
Susme

Default Re: IELTS band required to get student visa for Australian universities?

Hello! I got overall band 6 in ielts. Listening 6.5,reading 6, writing 6 and speaking 5.can I apply visa in Australia with this score? If I apply for visa, Do I have to take English course in australia or not?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?