26th January 2020, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

Steps to become an Astronaut for a 10th student?

Hi Sir, I am studying in 10th standard right now from Tripura Board. I am worried about my career as I want to become an Astronaut. I would like to know after completing my 10th, what I have to do to become an Astronaut?

31st January 2020, 01:20 PM
anshgoyal95

Default Re: Steps to become an Astronaut for a 10th student?

Astronaut requirements have changed with NASA's goals and missions. A pilot's license and engineering experience is still one route a person could take to becoming an astronaut, but it’s no longer the only one. Today, to be considered for an astronaut position, U.S. citizens must meet the following qualifications:

A bachelor's degree in engineering, biological science, physical science, computer science or mathematics.
At least three years of related professional experience obtained after degree completion OR at least 1,000 hours pilot-in-command time on jet aircraft.
The ability to pass the NASA long-duration astronaut physical. Distant and near visual acuity must be correctable to 20/20 for each eye. The use of glasses is acceptable.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?