28th March 2020, 02:40 PM
Unregistered

How about switching from Computer Science in Diploma to other branch in B.Tech?

Hi, I am pursuing my Diploma in Computer Science branch and for my B.Tech I would like to switch my branch. Is it possible? Which all branches in B.Tech would be best suitable for me?

5th April 2020, 07:36 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How about switching from Computer Science in Diploma to other branch in B.Tech?

Yes, you can switch from your past Diploma branch to another branch in B.Tech if you want to do so. In most of the institutes, this switch is possible, but there are also some colleges which don't allow student to switch from their Diploma branch.

So, currently as you are pursuing Diploma in Computer Science, so after completion of it, you will have to apply for Lateral entry exam.

Lateral entry exam is either conducted by the college itself or the university to which the institute is affiliated. In lateral entry exam, you will have to face questions of 11th and 12th standard of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.

After qualifying exam, you will get admission into B.Tech course as per your desired branch. Here are the branches that you can opt for after qualifying lateral entry exam.
  • Computer Science and Engineering (existing)
  • Information Technology
  • Mechanical Engineering
  • Electronics and Communication
  • Electrical Engineering
  • Civil Engineering and many more.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?