18th July 2011, 04:44 PM
tatti kha

Sample question papers for IPS Exam?

kindly provide me the sample question papers for ips exam. my friend is going to appear for the exam

18th July 2011, 05:35 PM
upscguide

Default Re: Sample question papers for IPS Exam?

to be selected as ips you have to go through the civil service examination which is regularly conducted by upsc every year. After clearing civil service examination , one can choose IPS as his/her career if merit supports. For complete info regarding ips exam check notification of previous year from the link given below.

http://upsc.gov.in/exams/notifications/2011/CS2011/cs2011_eng.pdf

http://upsc.gov.in/exams/notifications/2011/CS2011/cs2011_hindi.pdf

For clear idea about preparation click here

To download all previous years prelims paper for general studies as per your demand CLick here

best luck
18th July 2011, 06:31 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
after complete your graduation then you able to apply for

IAS exam.

sample papers:--

*http://www.indicareer.com/competitiv...paper-set.html

*further any information about IAS:--

http://www.upsc.gov.in
18th July 2011, 06:40 PM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

I have attached Sample papers for IPS Exam. Hope it will helpful for you.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IPS Sample Paper 1.pdf(277.2 KB, 2306 views)
File Type: pdf IPS Sample Paper 2.pdf(149.9 KB, 1190 views)
File Type: pdf IPS Sample Paper 3.pdf(135.9 KB, 939 views)
File Type: pdf IPS Sample Paper 4.pdf(130.9 KB, 1062 views)
18th July 2011, 07:27 PM
lovebirdskarun
Senior Member+

i think beyond asking sample question paper, it is sufficient to analyse the exam pattern carefully

IPS exam pattern

The UPSC examination comprises of two successive stages. IPS exam is carried out by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) and constitutes two stages:

The Preliminary Examination and
The Main Examination.

Preliminary Exam comprises multiple choice questions and is also a qualifying exam for appearing into second exam.
Main Examination which comprises a written exam and an interview.

IPS exam courses

Since the civil services sector is a lucrative career option and is in great demand due to the high level of job security it offers, it attracts a lot of aspiring candidates. However, careful planning and preparation is required to be able to clear the UPSC examination. Several institutes all over the country offer UPSC examination preparation courses. These courses can be done through correspondence also as all the relevant study material gets sent to the candidate.
Eligibility for IPS exam

You must be 21 years (minimum) and 30 years (maximum) at the time of taking exam. SC/ST/OBC and ex-servicemen are given exemption of 3 to 5 years in maximum age limit.
People belonging to general category can appear for IPS exam four times, while OBCs can appear for seven times but no limit has been set for SC/ST. keep in mind, even appearing in just exam is counted as an attempt.
You also need to meet physical standards mentioned in application form.

Preparation tips for IPS exam

Preliminary exam is a qualifying stage. This exam has two papers in which one is optional (means you can choose a subject of your own choice) and other is of General Studies which is a compulsory exam and you have to give importance to both.
To get a good command over General Science, it is must that you prepare at least eight subjects of high importance properly. These subjects include Mental Ability, Economy, Political Science, Science, Current Affairs, Geography, History and General Knowledge.
The best way to begin your exams preparation in above mentioned subjects is to start with NCERT books of 6th to 12th standard.
To keep updated with ‘current affairs’ you will require reading newspapers from at least one year back from the time of appearing for exam. Make notes of all the important events, incidents in the country as well as around the world.
Other than books, you also need to prepare from a good atlas for ‘Geography’.
For ‘General Knowledge’, you must read ‘Competition Success Review” and collect facts. Also, you can solve question papers of previous years’ preliminaries.
For ‘General Studies’ read political and business magazines as much as you can but within limit.
For ‘optional subject paper’, the most important thing is that you choose a subject about which you are very much confident. The best way to do is this is to go through the syllabus of that subject and look if you have covered all those topics mentioned in your degree course.
Do prepare for both ‘Preliminary’ and ‘Main’ exam very well, as you will not have much time to prepare for ‘Main’ exam after clearing prelims successfully.
To prepare for optional subject, get the civil service exam syllabus. Cover all the topics and attempting all the related question papers simultaneously.

You must keep in mind that the IPS is a highly reputed service in India and one has to go through rigorous tests before making it final. Success is possible with proper planning for the exam preparation and executing that planning in the most effective manner.

bye
18th July 2011, 09:51 PM
vivekdas.raja

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatti kha View Post
kindly provide me the sample question papers for ips exam. my friend is going to appear for the exam
hey,
i will say the best sample paper will for you is verbal reasoning questions.
and you should also practice the objective type questions.
The Civil Services Examination consists of three stages:

1. Preliminary Examination: it is a qualifying examination and is objective type.
2. Main Examination: it is a conventional written examination.
3. Interview
18th July 2011, 11:20 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatti kha View Post
To become IPS Officer You need to crack the UPSC Civil services examination, So If you are interested to apply for This examination, then you have to completed your Graduate degree course In any discipline from a recognised university. And If you need the previous year UPSC Civil services examination Paper Then please dont worry Here I am Attached the UPSC Preliminary examination Paper, So please check these given papers and keep practice these papers to get scored good marks in UPSC Civil services examination to become IPS Officer.

Download UPSC Civil Services Examination Paper -
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GENERAL_STUDIES.pdf(1.07 MB, 709 views)
File Type: pdf GS_PAPER_I.pdf(1.20 MB, 565 views)
File Type: pdf GENERAL_STUDIES_2.pdf(1.57 MB, 558 views)
File Type: pdf GS_PAPER_II.pdf(1.32 MB, 572 views)
File Type: pdf GS_PAPER_II_VISU_CHALL.pdf(1.19 MB, 540 views)
19th July 2011, 12:47 PM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

to become the ips one must crack the ips exam conducted by the upsc.

for the sample paper kindly visit the website www.upsc.gov.in
graduated student having age between 21 to 30 years can attempt this exam.
all the notifications and list of subjects are displayed on the above mentioned website.

thanks
22nd July 2011, 01:17 PM
Unregistered

hi,

kindly provide me the detailed syllabus of pre eliminary & main exam.also i want to know that for the 2nd paper of pre eliminary exam what are the optional subjects.

regards,
vinni munjal
9th November 2011, 04:03 PM
shariyar

hi this is shariyar.i am an electronics engineering student.so what will be the best optional subject for me in ips exam?
17th December 2011, 01:56 PM
ponnuduraianandan

thank you sir welcome pls give more.....details sir
16th January 2012, 02:39 AM
baidyanath barman

sir plz gv me few books name
19th June 2012, 07:34 AM
Unregistered

i am a student of national open schooling,can i appear to ips exam
29th May 2013, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

from which std should student take training for becoming an ips officer
5th January 2015, 04:32 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,i m a b.sc's student.sir please tell me which optional subject will be best for me to preparing ips exam?
11th June 2015, 07:08 PM
Unregistered

Post Re: Sample question papers for IPS Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekdas.raja View Post
hey,
i will say the best sample paper will for you is verbal reasoning questions.
and you should also practice the objective type questions.
The Civil Services Examination consists of three stages:

1. Preliminary Examination: it is a qualifying examination and is objective type.
2. Main Examination: it is a conventional written examination.
3. Interview
Thaiyank you sir
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?