30th July 2011, 11:48 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study M.Tech having completed 12th with 77% and B.Tech with 60%?

i completed my 12th in 77% and i completed my b.tech in 60% am i eligible to study m.tech

31st July 2011, 03:38 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible to study M.Tech having completed 12th with 77% and B.Tech with 60%?

Eligibility for GATE Exam:
  • **either Bachelor degree holders in Engineering/Technology/Architecture
  • **either Master degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications
  • **either Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology

there is no minimum percentage criteria for gate so you are absolutely eligible for GATE....
31st July 2011, 04:04 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study M.Tech having completed 12th with 77% and B.Tech with 60%?

dear friend,
Yes , my friend you are definitely eligible for GATE exam..
Because there is no marks criteria to appear in GATE exam..
You have to complete your graduation in B.tech in any engineering branch, then you can appear in GATE exam..
You can also appear in GATE during the final year or pre-final year of your graduation..
There is no age limit... and you can appear in GATE exam 'n' number of times..
So, work hard, try do well in GATE exam..
All the best...
31st July 2011, 04:45 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study M.Tech having completed 12th with 77% and B.Tech with 60%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i completed my 12th in 77% and i completed my b.tech in 60% am i eligible to study m.tech
yes you are eligible for giving the gate exam.
all those students who have completed their b.tech or are in the final semester, are eligible for the exam. but for taking admission in iit colleges, you will have to get atleast 60% marks in b.tech.
for other colleges, there is no such percentage criteria.
31st July 2011, 04:45 PM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Wink Re: Am I eligible to study M.Tech having completed 12th with 77% and B.Tech with 60%?

Quote:
Dear friend yes you are surely eligible for M.TECH exam..............

Because for M.TECH no any background criteria and its totally depend on present.............

For M.TECH you will be clear GATE exam........then you are eligible for M.TECH in any good college...........

For GATE there is some requirement is given............

You can give GATE E. AND Exam in 3RD YR. and 4TH YR...........

For M.TECH you must give this exam and qualified............
31st July 2011, 04:52 PM
kumar96
Senior Member+

yes you are eligible for M.Tech.

For M.Tech you must have graduation and if have graduation then you can apply for M.Tech entrance exam.

Eligibility for M.Tech-

you must have Bachelor degree in Engineering/Technology/Architecture

If you have Master degree in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications

If you have second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology you will be eligible for M.Tech.

GATE is very good exam for admission in M.Tech.by GATE exam you can get the chance of admission in IIT college for M.Tech.
31st July 2011, 04:53 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi...you are elegible for the gate exam,any engineer who is in final or third year of his degree or has completed his degree is elegible to write the gate exam ,there is no liti on age or also the number of attempts in the gate exam ...you should write the gate exam only in the paper in whi you want to take admission and not all the papers,also you can apply for only one subject in the gate exam,
the exam is an objective type exam eith negetive marking for the wrong answers ,i am attaching the 2011 examination information brochure of the gate exam so that you can clear all your doubts from it
Attached Files
File Type: pdf brochure.pdf(2.45 MB, 55 views)
31st July 2011, 04:55 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible to study M.Tech having completed 12th with 77% and B.Tech with 60%?

Hi friend,

A candidate must have passed B. E. / B. Tech. degree in Electronics &

Communication/ Computer/ Electronics/ Electrical Engineering/

Instrumentation & Control Engineering from the University of Delhi or

equivalent qualifications from recognized University/Institutions.

OR
A candidate must have passed in the A.M.I.E. (India ) Exam with

appropriate Specialization/ Grad. I.E.T.E (India), AMIE (London), or any

other examination in the concerned branch recognized as equivalent to

B. E. Degree by the University of Delhi.

A candidate for admission to full time course must have valid GATE

score card. (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering).

So your surely eligible for GATE exam and the marks in GATE exam

will only lead you to M.tech.
31st July 2011, 05:30 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

yes,you are eligible to study M.Tech having completed 12th with 77% and B.Tech with 60%.

the GATE eligibility which are required is given below

1.minimum graduation in engineering.

2.some dept. of M.SC students are also eligible to attain in the gate exam.

3.there have no marks criteria in engineering. only you have to qualify engineering course.

4.there have not any age limit to attain in the gate exam.

so you are eligiable.

all the best............
31st July 2011, 05:42 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
yes you are eligible for study M.TECH
because for M.TECH their is not require any
mark,if you get in to this then you give entrance exam for entry
like GATE is very valuable exam.

other university exam also go for study...........
31st July 2011, 07:42 PM
ajeetajeet1250

Am I eligible to study M.Tech having completed 12th with 77% and B.Tech with 60%?

**either Bachelor degree holders in Engineering/Technology/Architecture
**either Master degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications
**either Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology

there is no minimum percentage criteria for gate so you are absolutely eligible for GATE....

thanks
31st July 2011, 08:51 PM
amisha rath

for doing mtech you need to get scores of gate exam which should be high for getting best stream of your interest.

well you are eligible for the gate exam
31st July 2011, 09:21 PM
vivekdas.raja

Smile Re: Am I eligible to study M.Tech having completed 12th with 77% and B.Tech with 60%?

Quote:
hello,
**either Bachelor degree holders in Engineering/Technology/Architecture
**either Master degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications
**either Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology

31st July 2011, 10:07 PM
anki14542

Hello friend

I think your percentage will not matter at all because when you want to opt for M-Tech,then you will always aim to get a better college.For that purpose you must sit in a competitive exam,known as GATE.
Only the result of this exam will decide the level of college you will be entitled to get.
So,the higher you score in this exam,the better the chances of getting eligible for good colleges.
So prepare yourself well for this examination.
I wish you a very good luck.

Kindest Regards.
31st July 2011, 11:42 PM
kunjeyan5282

dear friend,
Yes , my friend you are definitely eligible for GATE exam..
Because there is no marks criteria to appear in GATE exam..
You have to complete your graduation in B.tech in any engineering branch, then you can appear in GATE exam..
You can also appear in GATE during the final year or pre-final year of your graduation..
There is no age limit... and you can appear in GATE exam 'n' number of times..
So, work hard, try do well in GATE exam..
All the best...
1st August 2011, 12:06 AM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
yes dear you are eligible
minimum 60% is allowed on the gate exam

just prepare for the gate exam........
1st August 2011, 12:50 AM
anil_kumar89

yes,you are eligible to study M.Tech having completed 12th with 77% and B.Tech with 60%.

Eligibility

You must have done graduation in engineering

You have got master degree in M.SC .are also eligible to attain in the gate exam.

There is no age limit

GATE score is valid for 2 years .

Pre final year students are also eligible to give exam
1st August 2011, 01:10 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Dear friend,

your 12 th marks is 77% and b-tech marks is 60% . both marks are good for your academic session.

you want to join in m-tech programme so you have to cleared the GATE exam.

you are from b-tech background so you are eligible for GATE.if you have got valid gate score then you have option to do m-tech degree course.

for gate exam you have just score 50% in graduation.

so you are eligible for m-tech programme.

all the best
1st August 2011, 02:49 AM
genius_911

For taking admission into m.tech studies you need to clear the GATE exam...
there is no marks criteria for appearing into GATE exam ypou just need to complete your graduation in engg. with any discipline... well now the score card of GATE exam is valid for 2 years so pre-final year and final year students can also appear.. your B.tech marks have nothing to do with the admission also.. what you need is your degree of graduation in engg...
31st October 2011, 07:13 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

GATE exam conducted for those students who are interested to pursue M.tech or can say higher studies after completing graduation.This exam is conducted every year & number of students appear,there is a lot of competition now because of much crowd in engineering course.Although goverment had made many institutes but still a lot of crowd is there.To appear in GATE entrace exam you must dont have any backlogs but if you are in last year & have backlogs then you can appear but by the ending of your graduation your all backlogs must get clear otherwise it will create problem during admission.
Eligiblity:- ELigiblity for gate exam is required that a candidate must be graduate in engineering from a recognized university
31st October 2011, 07:14 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

GATE exam conducted for those students who are interested to pursue M.tech or can say higher studies after completing graduation.This exam is conducted every year & number of students appear,there is a lot of competition now because of much crowd in engineering course.Although goverment had made many institutes but still a lot of crowd is there.To appear in GATE entrace exam you must dont have any backlogs but if you are in last year & have backlogs then you can appear but by the ending of your graduation your all backlogs must get clear otherwise it will create problem during admission.
Eligiblity:- ELigiblity for gate exam is required that a candidate must be graduate in engineering from a recognized university
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?