31st July 2011, 12:58 AM
amanritzz

How to start preparation for IIT from 10th Class?

how should i start preparing for iit as i m studiying in 10th class? If i start preparation well from 10th, i can easily crack the exam.

31st July 2011, 11:39 AM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to start preparation for IIT from 10th Class?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanritzz View Post
how should i start preparing for iit as i m studiying in 10th class? If i start preparation well from 10th, i can easily crack the exam.
dear friend,
for cracking iit jee exam, not only hard work is required but strategy is also required for preparation. you must first study from ncert books to clear your concept. after that i will suggest you to study from
tata mcgraw hills for maths
d c pandey for physics
arihant for chemistry
you must also for once try to solve all the previous years question papers to get the knowledge of pattern and difficulty level of the exam.
while solving the sample papers, never see the solution directly. first try to solve the questions by yourself two to three times. if then also you fail, then see the solution.
you must remember these tips to get good result.
good luck.
31st July 2011, 11:57 AM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Lightbulb Re: How to start preparation for IIT from 10th Class?

Dear friend ,

For Starting preparation for IIT from 10th class its better to join a good Coaching institute.

Because joining Coaching institutes helps you in Sharpening your mind.
When we have private tutions, we are brushed with those parts of the subjects which our subject teacher does not touch only because they are not mentioned in the text books. So, when we go with private tutions under a quality tutor, they will provide us with some outside examples and for that we will have clear knowledge of things which else we may not have.

Good day!!!!!!!
31st July 2011, 05:14 PM
nambardar
Senior Member+

there is a one solution ''FOUNDATION COURSE''.
in this course you are study in 11th and 12th standard but you also carry on the prepartion for the IIT JEE.
many of the coaching institutes are available from you do this course---
*bansal coaching institute
*carrier point
*naryana
*clc
*resonance
gd luck...
31st July 2011, 09:51 PM
kumar96
Senior Member+

hi,

its goog that you decided to join IIT.
after 10th you can do coaching from different coaching institutions like:
1. bansal classes
2. carrer point
3. aakash
4. CLC

you can give your first IIT-JEE exam after 12th.
so you have 2 years for your coaching.

best of luck....
18th August 2011, 08:58 PM
Unregistered

I am in 10th std....can I start preparation for iit now? And if yes then how?.
19th August 2011, 01:27 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How to start preparation for IIT from 10th Class?

Quote:

better to join a coaching institute nearby ur home..u can take weekend or weekday batches whichever suits u the best..join the 2 year batch..
joining a coaching center will not only provide u with all the precise study material but the tests out there will let u know..exactly where u stand in the all india competition and how to improve in which parts..

all the best..

hope this helps..
25th August 2011, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

how can i manage time for iit preparation,as iam in std 10th.
25th August 2011, 08:58 PM
kameshsriram

Take 11th & 12th textbooks and try to apply trigonometry concepts in
10th class to the problems in the 11th ....so you can devolop the thinking power....
20th September 2011, 09:32 AM
Unregistered

Best books for IIT preparation from 10class
21st September 2011, 02:46 AM
peterpan10
Senior Member+

My dear friend there is no need to hurry.Do what you are doing.Do not concentrate on IIT at this stage..There will be enough time to think about this.At first you must carry a good result in your 10 th standard.
After 10th you should think and study properly about IIT.
24th October 2011, 06:52 PM
srikanthreddypalwai

Quote:
hiii friend....here i can help you.......this is the right time to start preparation..........just concentrate on basic topics and learn every topic conceptually.......apply the theory in practicals.........it would help you to crack prestigious examinations like IIT-JEE............
24th December 2011, 08:41 AM
jjoshua1995
Member+

Smile Re: How to start preparation for IIT from 10th Class?

Quote:
IIT:

IIT STANDS FIR INDIAN INSTIUTE FOR TECHNOLOGY.THERE ARE 15 IITs IN INDIA.
TO ENTER INTO THESE INSTITUTES YOU MUST CRACK THE EXAM FOR IIT THAT IS IIT JEE( INDIAN INSTITUTE FOR TECHNOLOGY JOINT ENTRANCE EXAMINATION)ONCE YOU HAVE GOT RANKIN THESE EXAMINATIONS THEN THEY WILL GIVE SOME COURSES TO SELECT BASED ON YOUR RANKING.SO YOU CAN CHOOSE THE COURSES OFFERED BY THEM AND STUDY IT.

ELIGIBILITY FOR IIT:

THE CANDIDATES MUST HAVE PASSED THE HIGHER SECONDARY BOARD EXAMINATION ATLEAST OF 60 % OF MARKS. THEN HE MAY APPEAR TO IIT JEE.
THEN THE AGE LIMIT IS FROM 18 YEARS TO 25 YEARS AND FOR SC AND OBC CANDIDATES THE AGE LIMIT IS EXTENDED TO ANOTHER 5 YEARS.

PREPARATION FOR IIT JEE:

IIT JEE IS ONE OF THE TOUGHEST COMPETATIVE EXAMS IN THE WORLD. SO OYU NEED A LOT OF PREPARATION.BETTER YOU JOIN A COACHING CENTRE FOR IIT JEE.THE PORTIONS ARE ONLY THE NCERT PORTIONS FOR HIGHER SECONDARY EXAMINATIONS.ON STUDYING FOR THIS EXAM YOU CAN STUDY FOR BITSAT , AIEEE,VITJEE,DEMMED UNIVERSITIES TEST ,ISAT TEST .BECAUSE ALL THESE EXAMS HAVE THE SAME PORTIONS. SO YOU BETTER JOIN ANY OF THE BETTER INSTITUTES FOR IIT JEE PREPARATION.THE PORTIONS ARE ONLY THE NCERT PORTIONS .SO YOU BETER CONCENTRATE NOW ON 11TH AND `12TH SO THAT IS EASY TO CRACK THE IIT JEE EXAM .

THANKS STUDY WELL AND GET AGOOD RANK IN IIT JEE AND HAVE NICE LIFE
25th December 2011, 01:20 PM
ashwingawande1442

If you want to make preparations for IIT from 10th std .so learn 8th and 9th and 10th standard formulaes and just Learn the formulaes of maths ,physics and learn molecular formula and chemical formulaes for chemistry
15th January 2012, 01:16 PM
Unregistered

hi frnds!
u hav to be mentally prepard.....
have a prroper guidence.....
do regulaar revision....
wish yu all the best....
14th March 2012, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

how should i prepare for iit from class 10 without any coaching ?
15th March 2012, 01:18 PM
jobsick

My dear friend there is no need to hurry.Do what you are doing.Do not concentrate on IIT at this stage..There will be enough time to think about this.At first you must carry a good result in your 10 th standard.
After 10th you should think and study properly about IIT.
23rd March 2012, 10:58 PM
Unregistered

what can be the avarage expanditure for 2 years coaching.
29th March 2012, 01:16 PM
Unregistered

i hv completed 10th now want to get some suggestions for preparation for iit ????
i also need some good books suggestion too......
10th April 2012, 02:05 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 10th board examination [state syllabus A.P] Iam fully determined to achieve good rank in iit exam and complete my enineering in a top college. will i be able to achieve,if i work hard and fulfill my parents dreams. Moreover I dont even have basic knowledge of iit.I am joining in Narayana iit college,HYD. Can I pick up and face the competetion posed by other children who underwent iit training from 6th standard?????? please, suggest me urently.
10th April 2012, 04:50 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my tenth board examination[state syllabus A.P kurnool].Iam fully determined to get good rank in iit exam and complete my engineering in iit Madras or Kanpur.If I do hardwork, will I be able to get good rank in iit and fulfill my parents dreams? I am joining in Narayana iit college,Hyd.Can I pickup and face the competetion posed by other children who underwent iit training from 6th standard? please sugest me,I am unable to decide.Suggest me urgently.
10th April 2012, 10:10 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 10th board examination [state syllabus A.p]
10th April 2012, 10:28 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 10th board exam [state syllabus A.P] Iam fully determinded to achieve good rank in iit exam and complete my engineering in a top college . will I be able to achieve ,if i work hard and fullfill my parents dreams . moreover I Dont even have basic knowlede of iit. I am going to join in narayana iit college
,hyd . can I pick up and face the competetion posed by other children who underwent iit traing from 6th standard ???????????? please ,suggest me urently.
11th April 2012, 03:38 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
DEAR FRIEND

better to join a coaching institute nearby ur home..u can take weekend or weekday batches whichever suits u the best..join the 2 year batch..

joining a coaching center will not only provide u with all the precise study material but the tests out there will let u know..exactly where u stand in the all india competition and how to improve in which parts..

all the best..

hope this helps..
10th May 2012, 11:27 PM
Unregistered

Suggest me some really good books to prepare for iit being in class 10
21st May 2012, 12:19 PM
Unregistered

i want some basic conceptual books for class 10th for phy. nd maths to improve my basics... should i directly move on to phy h.c. verma or start from any other book.
plz suggest me ???
25th May 2012, 06:49 PM
Unregistered

What are the best books for class tenth iit preparation?
28th May 2012, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

i listen a lot that brainy students can clear iit. i am nt brainy bt my parents hav a dream for my clearation of iit. i m in 10th class living in a small city. in my city there is no good institution for iit so i want to work very vry hard for iit n i want to clear iit. next year i ll b going to chandigarh for coaching bt i want to start my preparations nw.THE ONLY THING IS I WANT TO GET A VRY GOOD GUIDANCE PLZZZZZZ PLZZZZZZ HELP ME OUT which books shud i study nw plzzzz plzzzzzzz reply me soon i need ur help urgently
20th June 2012, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

I am really ambitious 2 crack iit,bt what I need is study methodology,timetable 2 follow etc. I am in class 10th I really want a guidance please help me..:))))
28th June 2012, 10:55 PM
Unregistered

What books to study for iit in 10
29th June 2012, 12:59 PM
tanveersandhu

Sure my friend you can easily crack IIT if you start preparing for it from your 10th. It needs a lot of courage to do that. You should focus on your science and mathematics basics and should be clear with all the concepts as it will surely help you further in +1,2. You should study daily. Clear your 10th with good percentage and do the same in +1,2. Follow some good books for IIT preparation in +1,2. Have confidence and do believe in GOD. He will certainly help you. Best of Luck. Thank You.
29th June 2012, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hi friend
Good to hear that u gonna start your preparation from 10th onwards.The very first thing required to crack IIT exam is hard work and full determination.
intead of following all the tough books make your basics strong and read thoroughly NCERT books as IIT question paper is based on those books. other than NCERT books you can also use books given below as guide:
1.For physics-D.C.pandey,H.C.VErma
2.For chemistry-Dr. Naveen Sharma(inorganic chemistry),dr. O.P. Aggarwal.
3.For maths- M.L. Khanna,R.D. sharma
The key to crack IIT is to make your basics strong so that you would be able to solve the most difficult problem.Work hard you will defintly crack it.
ALL THE BEST..!!!
29th June 2012, 03:46 PM
nishantverma1

Thumbs up Re: How to start preparation for IIT from 10th Class?

Dear friend,

As you are in 10th class its is very good time to start for the preparation for the IIT, Concentrate maximum on the concept of Physics, Maths, Chemistry
take help from NCERT book it is very good and Beneficial, also solve the Model Paper, Test series paper.

Best of Luck.
18th December 2012, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

hi...i'm a student of class 10......i want to know that in iit exam.....they were asking only subjective part or else....like questions regarding mental ability.....those we have solved or given in competitive exams like fiitjee, ntse , olympiads.....plz help...

also is these types of questions (mental ability)....are helpful in future on large scale....or not...i want to know this soon as possible...because nowadays i'm much focussing on compettitive exams......
8th January 2013, 05:08 PM
Unregistered

I am not so good in study but I want to be an IIT student how I want some tips please help me out
2nd March 2013, 11:08 AM
Unregistered

when is the right time to join IIT training - i mean during 10th standard or after completion of 10th standard?
2nd March 2013, 11:14 AM
smitha21

When is the right time to join IIT training ?
Is it during 10th standard or after completion of 10th standard?
2nd March 2013, 11:15 AM
smitha21

When is the best time to start preparing for IIT training and Joining for IIT training course?
19th March 2013, 10:32 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my 10th standard a few days ago . and i had this dream of clearing IIT since 7th class and i believe that this is the right time for preparation . can anyone give me some kind of assistance as to how to go about doing it ? which chapters to start with and which books to refer . i just want to mention that my financial conditions are not good , so joining a coaching institute is a problem.
1st April 2013, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

well I am rishabh bhardwaj I want to preprare iit i hv completed 10th now want to get some suggestions for preparation for iit ????
i also need some good books suggestion too......
20th April 2013, 02:12 PM
Unregistered

sir i jst pass my 10th clas xam n i wnt 2 to crack iit xam definitely bt sir i cannot join iit coaching institute so u suggrst ur sugesstions 4 dis how can i make my carrer bst n cmplete my mom n dad drms plz sir hlp m .
30th November 2013, 10:37 PM
Unregistered

i just pass my 10th class exam and I want to to crack iit exam definitely but i cannot join iit coaching institute so u suggest me that how can i crack it
11th January 2014, 03:13 PM
Unregistered

Now I am in class 9 and i have my final exam in march , after that I want to prepare my brain for IIT for 3 years ,I just want to know how will I start and how many hours I have to study everyday.
2nd February 2014, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by nambardar View Post
there is a one solution ''foundation course''.
In this course you are study in 11th and 12th standard but you also carry on the prepartion for the iit jee.
Many of the coaching institutes are available from you do this course---
*bansal coaching institute
*carrier point
*naryana
*clc
*resonance
gd luck...
anurag tyagi classes (atc) at ghaziabad is best option...
11th June 2014, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

i am a mediocar but i want to be an iitian. my maths , chemistry is not good still should i try for iit or oterwise i shuld do polytechnic??????????????????
9th November 2015, 09:24 PM
Unregistered

I'm karthik i want to be crack iit exam. How many hours i will study daily. What is the best course to study it?
20th July 2016, 06:23 AM
Unregistered

sir i am in tenth i want to crack iit without classroom coaching. How much practice needed? How much? Is any idea have you?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?