9th August 2011, 01:18 AM
Unregistered

Which subjects I have to start with for preparation of GPAT? How to prepare for Pharmacognosy?

hi
i ave just completed my 2nd year B.Pharm and have secure 76% and now i am in 3rd year-5th semester, i just want to start with my gpat preparation
1) so which subject should i start with? and
2)my weakness is learning pharmacognosy can you get help me in how to learn and remember it?
3) in organic chemistry on which part more emphasis should be given?

7th December 2011, 11:22 PM
surekha_katreddy

Default Re: Which subjects I have to start with for preparation of GPAT? How to prepare for Pharmacognosy?

As you know that pharmacy is a multi-disciplinary subject,we can't ensure on which part
the paper setter actually focuses on so it's better to start with subjects like pharmacology, pharmacetics,pharmacognosy and pharmachemistry.
For pharmacognosy text books of following authors were suggested:
1.Trease and evans
2.T.W.Wallis
3.C.K.Kokate
Always make a note on the common things regarding anatomy, physical features,latin names and chemical tests which helps you quick reference.

Focus mainly on nomenclature,starting materials of synthesis and reagents used during synthesis
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?