10th August 2011, 11:07 PM
Unregistered

Should I go for MSc IT or MSc CS? I have done BSc CS from Mumbai University

i have done BSC CS from MUmbai University , now i want to pursue correspondence post grad so i am looking for 2 options MSc IT and MSc CS ,help me out to choose ..

Related Questions:
  1. Should I go for MSc IT or MSc CS?
  2. Can I do MSc in Biochemistry after doing BSc in Biotechnology Which are the colleges in Mumbai and Pune to do MSc in Biochemistry?
  3. Can I take admission in MSc in mumbai university after completing BSc in Pune University
  4. How to do MSc in Criminology after studying BSc Forensic Science in Mumbai
  5. From which universities can I complete MSc after scoring less than 50% in BSc Physics from Mumbai University?
  6. How to take admission in Mumbai University for MSc/B.Ed? I have done BSc Hons with Botany
  7. Difference between MSc after BSc and Integrated MSc?
  8. Good institutions for M.Sc in forensic sciences or environmental studies?
  9. Which subjects to choose to do MSc after BSc Biochemistry in Mumbai and Pune University? What is the syllabus for the entrance exam?
  10. How to take admission for MSc in Mumbai University after completing BSc from CMJ?
  11. Which one has a better scope between MSC microbiology/MSC biochemistry/MSC biotechnology? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Admission for MSc university in DU after scoring 67.5% in BSc Chemistry from Mumbai University? What is the cutoff percentage? Colleges in which I can apply? Should I submit migration certificate?
  13. Which is better Msc biotechnology from sardar patel university, anand, gujrat or Msc Microbiology from Pune university?
  14. After BSc Biology which one is better between MSc Chemistry and MBA?
  15. How to do MSc from Kurukshetra University after doing BSc with 67%?
  16. Eligibility requirement and CGPA criteria for Ph.D in Engineering? -- [New]
  17. Can I do MSc dietetics after completing BSc Nursing?
  18. Will I get Job in Mumbai if I pursue my B.Sc and M.Sc from Mumbai University?
5th August 2012, 01:45 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I go for MSc IT or MSc CS? I have done BSc CS from Mumbai University

Both courses have their own value and relevance. If you wish to have a career in hardware and networking, then M.Sc CS is better option. After completing this course, you can pursue additional diploma programmes. MSc IT on the other hand deals with software programming and software designs. This course will help you to find jobs in web development and data base administration. Hence it is better to analyse your skills and interest before selecting a course.
24th October 2015, 04:23 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Should I go for MSc IT or MSc CS? I have done BSc CS from Mumbai University

MSc CS is for more theoritical training, MSC IT is realted to technology of web development and software development
30th October 2015, 02:14 PM
suria1

Both M.Sc IT and M.Sc CS are good courses.

The duration for both the courses is 2 years only and for admission, there is a entrance exam.

Both are good choices. You select the one as you interested.

Since you complete B.Sc CS, better go for M.Sc CS. Due to this, the same subjects you may need to study in Post Graduation as well.

Since you have already come across those subjects, it is easy for you to understand and get good percentage in M.Sc.

Rather than M.Sc, MCA is a very good option. But the duration is 3 years.

IT companies will mainly give jobs to MCA or B.Tech candidates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?