31st August 2011, 05:42 PM
rt patel

Do I have to repeat my master in USA after MSc Biotech in India?

I have completed my M.Sc. Biotechnology. I am going to move in USA. Do I have to repeat my master there again to get a job?

Related Questions:
  1. Which courses are available in Pune University after completing BCS in Pune
  2. Jobs in USA after completing MSc Biotech with 2 years experience as microbiologist? What is the procedure?
  3. How to do MSc Biotechnology from Abroad?
  4. Can I study MCA, M.Sc(IT) or Master's in Computer in India and Abroad after completing BCA from Sikkim Manipal University? -- [New]
  5. Top universities in India offering masters program in Biotech? Criteria for admission for the course?
  6. Career after msc biotech in india -- [Most Discussed]
  7. How to get a job after MSc biotech in India?
  8. What is the best career options after MSc Biotech?
  9. Information about MSc Biotech entrance exam?
  10. Eligibility to study M.Sc(Biotechnology) in USA? Entrance exams to be appear?
  11. Colleges offering phD in biotech in india or abroad? Job opportunities after msc biotech?
  12. How to take admission in MSc Biotech after passing B.E Biotech?
  13. What kind of master degree is essential in India to go to abroad and work?
  14. Which course is better for Biotech, MSc or B.Tech? How can I get admission in reputed colleges without entrance exam?
  15. What is the eligibility criteria for MSc Biotech and the syllabus for the entrance in MSc Biotech?
  16. Scholarship for pursuing Master in Physiotherapy from USA?
  17. Which are the available fields in MSc after BSc Biochem? Which courses can I do after BSc Biochem other than MSc Biotech or Biotech? Best universities for the particular course?
  18. M.Sc or B.Tech(biotech): better course after 12th with PCM? How to get admission after not clearing any engineering entrance exams?
1st November 2016, 12:08 AM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Default Re: Do I have to repeat my master in USA after MSc Biotech in India?

No, this is not necessary and it is a mere wastage of time. If you repeat the same master's degree, then you will be stagnant career wise. You should pursue a separate master's degree that is related to M.Sc. in biotechnology. You can choose MBA in Biology or MBA in entrepreneurship. The former option is related to your previous academics. The latter one, although not related would help you implement the knowledge that you have acquired in biotechnology into developing your own company. You will be self employed. You will be able to gain the maximum share of your profit.
For this, you must appear for MAT or GMAT and also TOEFL examination. The former ones are the entrance examinations for taking admission in MBA. TOEFL is an entrance examination for the knowledge in English language. Clearing these two examinations are very important for getting a chance in any MBA university in USA. After passing MBA, you will get job placements from the university, you join in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?