7th September 2011, 10:57 PM
kirthika26

How to prepare for campus placement? I'm in 3rd year EEE

I am doing my 3rd year EEE i dont have tha clear idea about my placement and what should i do for preparing for my placement and what type of jobs shall i choose?

23rd February 2012, 10:09 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for campus placement? I'm in 3rd year EEE

It is a good decision to prepare for the campus placement well in advance while being in the pre final year. Such a decision will give you enough time for preparation and will enhance your chances of being selected for jobs. Try to build up your skills in the area of communication and also technical subjects. Be aware about the day to day happenings by reading newspapers, watching news etc. It is important to increase your knowledge in the subject area. It is needed to be well versed in the project area that one has done. Try to practice for mock interview which will increase your confidence level.
31st May 2012, 09:59 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How to prepare for campus placement? I'm in 3rd year EEE

Hi

Campus Placements are the best things that happens to an Engineering Student. As you would know that Engineering these days have become very common amongst the students who are passing out of Class 12th boards.

There are these various Engineering Entrance exams like IIT JEE, AIEEE, DCE CEE, WB JEE, BITSAT, UPTU, SRMEEE, VITEEE, COMEDK etc.. and many more..
So these are attempted by various students after they finish with their board exams.

Similarly once these students reach the 4th year of their graduation in Engineering, then they start preparing for the Aptitude Questions and English. This is because at that time and since then they have to prepare for the Campus Placements.

There are many top MNC's and Companies in India who come for the recruitments of the 4TH YEAR students who would be passing out next year. So now coming to how should one prepare for the ON Campus Placements.

First thing is develop your personality. Your communication skills, Your technical skills, Knowledge, Conduct and others which would be considered at every point during and after your interview.

You should start preparing for the Quantitative Analysis and English and Logical Reasoning. These are very important as all the Companies conduct the Aptitude tests of these and then shortlist the candidates.

Also read the news papers daily, apart from that read about the companies who are going to visit your campus for the Placements. About their history, CEO's over the time, their successes and failures, etc.

In this way you will be able to get more confident and then easily get selected in the Campus Placements.
Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
RANJEET
31st May 2012, 10:21 AM
VIVEK2525

hi friends,

Campus Placements are the best things that happens to an Engineering Student. As you would know that Engineering these days have become very common amongst the students who are passing out of Class 12th boards.

There are these various Engineering Entrance exams like IIT JEE, AIEEE, DCE CEE, WB JEE, BITSAT, UPTU, SRMEEE, VITEEE, COMEDK etc.. and many more..
So these are attempted by various students after they finish with their board exams.

Similarly once these students reach the 4th year of their graduation in Engineering, then they start preparing for the Aptitude Questions and English. This is because at that time and since then they have to prepare for the Campus Placements.

There are many top MNC's and Companies in India who come for the recruitments of the 4TH YEAR students who would be passing out next year. So now coming to how should one prepare for the ON Campus Placements.

First thing is develop your personality. Your communication skills, Your technical skills, Knowledge, Conduct and others which would be considered at every point during and after your interview.

You should start preparing for the Quantitative Analysis and English and Logical Reasoning. These are very important as all the Companies conduct the Aptitude tests of these and then shortlist the candidates.

Also read the news papers daily, apart from that read about the companies who are going to visit your campus for the Placements. About their history, CEO's over the time, their successes and failures, etc.

In this way you will be able to get more confident and then easily get selected in the Campus Placements.
Hope this helps

thanks
31st May 2012, 10:32 AM
VIVEK2525

hi friends,

Hope this helps

thanks
31st May 2012, 11:37 AM
VIVEK2525

hi friends,

thanks
31st May 2012, 11:47 AM
GOUTHAMMADDY

Hi Kirthika,

Its a very wise decision to get prepared for the campus placements right in the third year itself.I think you are very much concerned for your future,which is very much necessary to achieve higher peaks of your life.
You can get prepared for campus placements by improving your reasoning and verbal skills.you can also join in some of the top institutions like career launcher,TIME,etc which offer CRT(campus recruitment training) classes.you need to have a good command over english.you should be confident enough to face the interviewer boldly.when you join in CRT classes,you will be taken through some of the mock interviews which will certainly rise your confidence levels. If you like to appear for companies such as TCS,WIPRO,INFOSYS, you need to have some idea of the programming languages like C,C++,JAVA.You can refer to the standard text books like BALAGURUSAMY for these programming languages.

WITH REGARDS,
GOUTHAM.
31st May 2012, 01:23 PM
nagendra vijayasree
Senior Member+

Campus Placement

On Campus placements are easy than off campus. So try to get placed as early as possible.

Their are three main rounds in any placements :

1. Aptitude : almost companies organizes the aptitude tests
- Reasoning
- Numerical
- Logical Ability

IMP: It's important to make your apti as strong as possible because it is the key to go forward in placements.

2. GD
- Depends on company that they want to conduct the GD's or not
- Most of the time GD's are converted in to extempore or Introduction.

3. Interviews
- HR interview
- Technical Interview

IMP : more important is HR interview , you have to convince the HR that you are best suitable for their company.

For clearing technical interview you need a very basic preparation of your skills and specially for the projects you have made.

Thins to focus on :
Formal dressing belt matching with your shoes ad also with folder in your left hand.

Brush up your communication skills, they check your fluency in English in HR.

Speaks softly and clearly with smile on your face do not show nervousness on your face.

good luck
31st May 2012, 01:35 PM
belidepriyanka

Thumbs up Re: How to prepare for campus placement? I'm in 3rd year EEE

hi..
it is good that you are preaparing for campus placements in 3 rd year itself ...
In order to get job in campus placements:
  • you need to have good communication skills
  • it is neccasary to improve the confidence levels
  • need to develop technical skills
  • need to have complete knowledge in your academics
  • it is neecassary to have atleast 70% in your academics if you want to get job in good companies like infosys,wipro etc..
  • you need to read every day news paers to get rid of knowledge of the outside world
  • need to participate in technical activities of the college like PPT'S
AL THE BEST...
3rd September 2013, 06:31 PM
Unregistered

sir,i am studying b.tech 3rd yr .how to prepare for IES from 3rd yr EEE?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?