27th August 2010, 11:26 AM
sahib choudhary

Eligibility for actuarial science course after BBA?

Sir, I have passed 10+2 in 2007 with 64 percent marks in Mathematics.Now i am pursuing BBA 2nd year.SIR kindly reply is
i am eligible for the actuarial science course..
and what is the entrance date for it...
thankyou

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible to do Post graduation in Actuarial Science after completing BBA?
  2. How to do graduation in Actuarial Science and what are the career prospect of this subject? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Am I eligible to do Actuarial science after completion of B.Com as under graduation course?
  4. Actuarial Science Examination-Foundations of Casualty Actuarial Science-Part II Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  5. Eligibility criteria and entrance exam to study M.Sc(Actuarial Science) in City University London?
  6. Which are the colleges in India for M.Sc in Actuarial Science?
  7. Eligibility, fee and duration of Post Graduation in Actuarial Science?
  8. Eligibility to appear in Actuarial Common Entrance Test for a candidate with 60% in 12th PCM? -- [New]
  9. What portion of Mathematics is included in B.Sc(Electronics) course?
  10. Are there any colleges in Kerala having Actuarial Science course?
  11. Annamalai University - P.G. Diploma in Actuarial Science- Basics of Actuarial Science Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  12. Distance learning institutes for post graduate Diploma and M.Sc in Actuarial Science?
  13. How is the branch of MSc in Actuarial Science? Is MSc in this field worth it?
  14. Eligibility for Actuarial Science course through correspondence at the age of 40 and after Post graduation in Mathematics?
  15. Post graduation in actuarial science after graduation in B.A Economics? Details about entrance exams for actuarial science?
  16. What should i do after passing 12th with Actuarial Science
  17. What is the eligibility criteria to do Actuarial Science?
  18. How to apply for Actuarial Science with Eco(Hons) after scoring 100 marks in Maths in 12th? Can I opt for acturial science with B.Com(Hons)? List of colleges from where I can do Actuarial Science?
27th August 2010, 01:06 PM
sanjusays

Default Re: Eligibility for actuarial science course after BBA?

You are eligible for acturial science course but only take the course if you are good at numbers and stats...i would rather recommend you to give nmat and try for nmims which has an mba in acturial science which would be of immense help to you.....
27th August 2010, 01:14 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,

An individual, with 85% marks in Mathematics/Statistics, in the +2 level of examination are eligilbe to join the course.

A graduate is eligible to join the course provided

He/She has studied mathematical subjects such as Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Computer Sciences, Engineering, Physics or its branches.

Must have scored a minimum of 55% (calculated on the basis of all the three years score), in mathematical subjects.

The mathematical subject must hold a minimum of 50% marks of the total marks scored.

For further information, please visit www.actuariesindia.org
27th August 2010, 03:21 PM
subhash5687
Banned

ye sypu are eligible for that about date you can check on the internet.using google which is the largest search engine allover the world
best of luck
27th August 2010, 04:02 PM
KHAN20

Thumbs up Re: Eligibility for actuarial science course after BBA?

dear friend
u must follows newspapers&magazine from where u must get ur solution.
all the best.
12th January 2011, 07:19 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Actuarial science is an excellent course which has lot of career potentials. The eligibility to join in this course is to have a +2 with more than 85 % of marks in the Mathematics and statistics subject. Any graduate is also eligible to join this course, provided that they have studied any of the subjects such as Maths, finances, computer science, physics or B.Tech/ B.E. The percentage requirement is a minimum 55% for all 3 years.
3rd February 2011, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

i am bba student and i am in 4th semester i have passed out my 12th in 2009 by 33%in mathematics. am i eligible for this course?
5th March 2011, 03:37 AM
Unregistered

i have done my BBA with 71% having maths, economics and computer science in 1st year; statistics,finance and computer science in my 2nd year;and operations research, managerial economics and computer applications in business management in final year. In all i had 21 subjects and scoring more than 70% marks in all the subjects mentioned above....am i eligible for Actuarial science???? plz reply soon
5th March 2011, 03:41 AM
Unregistered

i have done my BBA with 71% having maths, economics and computer science in 1st year; statistics,finance and computer science in my 2nd year;and operations research, managerial economics and computer applications in business management in final year. In all i had 21 subjects and scoring more than 70% marks in all the subjects mentioned above....am i eligible for Actuarial science???? plz reply soon
31st March 2011, 01:18 PM
Unregistered

i am waiting for my 10 2 result n quiet sure about scoring more than 85% in maths, can i go for acturial science??
22nd May 2011, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

what is the minimum percentage of marks in 12th exam. is required for admission in actuarial science ?
I have appeared 12th exam. in commerce, under Asaam Higher Secondary Education Council.
please inform me.
25th May 2011, 03:26 PM
Unregistered

where to dowlad the eligibility criteria .
can anyone tell me the link for ythe same
2nd June 2011, 04:04 PM
Unregistered

I jst gave my HSC n got 82% in mathematics as i am not eligible to become a member of actuarial society now, I am planning to do Actuarial Science after my Graduation ...Can u suggest me a good Under graduate course which will further help me to pursue Actuarial Science as my career
8th June 2011, 10:16 PM
amit gaur054

My dear friend...... the eligibility for actuarial science is-

An individual, with 85% marks in Mathematics/Statistics, in the +2 level of examination are eligilbe to join the course.

He/She has studied mathematical subjects such as Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Computer Sciences, Engineering, Physics or its branches.

Must have scored a minimum of 55% (calculated on the basis of all the three years score), in mathematical subjects.

The mathematical subject must hold a minimum of 50% marks of the total marks scored.

all the best
15th June 2011, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

hi,
Im a 1st year student pursuing BBA (Aviation Operations). My 12th maths marks are less than 85%! If i get above 55% in graduation will i be eligible for Actuarial Science?
The topics of Graduation are as follows :

SEMESTER I
Business Organization
Introduction to Aviation Industry
Business Mathematics
Business Accounting
Business Communication 1
Business Computing

SEMESTER II
Organizational Behavior
Business Economics I
Business Statistics
IATA Travel & Tourism

SEMESTER III
Marketing Management
Research Methodology & Report Writing
Airport Functions of Airlines
Financial Management
Business Economics II

SEMESTER IV
Business Communication 2
Business Law
Marketing Communication
Consumer Behavior & Market Research
Marketing Communication
Cargo Handling
Traveling Agency & Tour Operations

SEMESTER V
Essential of Strategic Management
Customer Relationship Management
International Business
Understanding of Aviation Business
Tourism Enterprise Planning
Dissertation 1
Summer Internship
Industry Tour Report

SEMESTER VI
Airport Customer Services
Aviation Marketing
Human Resource Management
Dissertation 2

Please let me know if these subjects make me eligible for actuarial science!

Thanks
18th June 2011, 07:45 PM
Unregistered

eligibility for acturial science after bsc in statistic?
14th November 2011, 02:45 PM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

hello friend
The eligibility criteria for actuarial science course is given below:

Anyone, with 85% marks in Mathematics/Statistics, in the +2 level of examination are eligilbe to join the course.

28th January 2012, 05:58 PM
drurv

You should have 85% marks in Mathematics/Statistics, in the +2 level of examination are eligilbe to join the course.
29th January 2012, 12:19 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Today there are number of long term as well as short term courses available for enhancing career opportunities. But care should be taken while choosing for any of them. Opt for that which better suites your need and type of job you are expecting for.

MBA: as usual the best option for a BBA graduate. But here also care should be taken because present job market is very sensetive towards rexruitment. So, MBA with specialization Real estate is the best option. Real Estate is the sector which haven't hit by recession, in fact at the time when whole world was suffering from recession this sector has withnessed 43% growth in all respect. So it is the safest one. After that Market, Sales and Retail rules the job market.

LAW: Yeah Law. Generally BBA graduates doesn't think of this course because they are unaware of upcoming high demand of Corporate Lawers. So having a LLB (Corporate Law) along with a BBA degree is all about to sore the Corporate world and expect a much better opportunity. Today coporate lawers are one of the highest paid in India and UK.
23rd July 2012, 09:57 PM
samatha89
Member+

Actuarial science is an excellent course which has lot of career potentials. The eligibility to join in this course is to have a +2 with more than 85 % of marks in the Mathematics and statistics subject. Any graduate is also eligible to join this course, provided that they have studied any of the subjects such as Maths, finances, computer science, physics or B.Tech/ B.E. The percentage requirement is a minimum 55% for all 3 years.
23rd July 2012, 11:30 PM
vidh
Senior Member+

you may pursue mba as after the bba the best option But here also care should be taken because present job market is very sensetive towards rexruitment. So, MBA with specialization Real estate is the best option. Real Estate is the sector which haven't hit by recession, in fact at the time when whole world was suffering from recession this sector has withnessed 43% growth in all respect. So it is the safest one. After that Market, Sales and Retail rules the job market.

The eligibility to join in this course is to have a +2 with more than 85 % of marks in the Mathematics and statistics subject. Any graduate is also eligible to join this course, provided that they have studied any of the subjects such as Maths, finances, computer science, physics or B.Tech/ B.E.
24th July 2012, 10:16 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahib choudhary View Post
Sir, I have passed 10+2 in 2007 with 64 percent marks in Mathematics.Now i am pursuing BBA 2nd year.SIR kindly reply is
i am eligible for the actuarial science course..
and what is the entrance date for it...
thankyou
Educational Qualification required to study this subject:

You should pass class 12 exam with minimum 85% marks in mathematics or statistics

(OR)

You have to complete graduation or post graduation with minimum 55% of marks in mathematical subjects like mathematics, mathematical statistics, applied statistics, econometrics, computer science, any discipline of engineering or science subjects like physics or its branches.

(OR)

You are eligible if you have completed CA, CS, CWA MBA in finance or PGDBA.

(OR)

If you are members of qualified bodies like ICWAI, ICAI, IFAI or III and have passed with mathematical basis of insurance and statistics.

So i guess if you can complete your MBA from a good institute in MBA and secure good marks then you will be eligible pursue a course in actuarial science.

Following degrees in actuarial science is available in India:

B.Sc. Actuarial Science
M.B.A. Actuarial Science
M.Sc. Actuarial Science
Post Graduate Diploma in Actuarial Science (P.G.D.A.S)
Training in Actuarial Science

For the actuarial examination students have to choose 15 subjects out of which one is optional. A grouping of these subjects is done in 100 series, 200 series, 300 series and 400 series.

Top Institutes:

D.S. Actuarial Education Services, Mumbai
Shri Vile Parle Kelavani Mandals Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies
Amity School of Insurance and Actuarial Science, Noida
B.S. Abdur Rahman University, Chennai
Bishop Heber College, Tiruchirappalli
4th May 2014, 11:02 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i had passed my 2 exam with more than 85% mark in mathematics.now i am studying bba at 1st year.i want to know ,can i study actuarial science bba at same time?please reply soon
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?