17th September 2011, 05:39 PM
Unregistered

Which specialization is most suitable for me in MBA if I did B.Tech in Food Tech?

my graduation is completed in B.TECH(Food Tech.) now i am doing MBA so which specialization is most suitable for me (marketing or production)?

Related Questions:
  1. Job opportunities after doing integrated btech mba? Which Specialization in MBA I should in Integrated Btech-MBA?
  2. How to do MBA in food tech after completing B.Tech in food tech? What are the job opportunities after doing MBA in Food
  3. Should I do BSc in food technology from DU and then MBA or B.Tech in food technology? Colleges offering B.Tech in food technology?
  4. Suitable specialization to study in MBA for Maths graduate? -- [New]
  5. Value of an integrated B.Tech MBA course in abroad for job prospective?
  6. Which specialization of MBA is suitable for Mechanical Engineers?
  7. MBA or M.Tech after B.Tech Food Technology for better job opportunities?
  8. Which specialization in MBA suits best for Btech in CSE?
  9. Which is the best course that I should prefer after completing engineering in information technology?
  10. Which specialization in MBA would be suitable for Masters in Mechanical Engg. and Engg. University jobs?
  11. What is the suitable specialization of MBA? I am an electronics engineering with 6 months experience in IT company
  12. Difference in aspects of job in abroad and in India after completing MBA or M.Tech (food tech)?
  13. Which course will be useful for me after completing B.E ECE
  14. MBA or M.Tech After Computer Science Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. MBA colleges in Maharashtra which offer specialization in project management
  16. How to choose specialization programme after doing MBA in Rural Project Management
  17. Best specialization for B.Tech IT student in MBA? Which is better between International Business, Marketing and Sales or HR?
  18. Which course can I choose for master studies after BE aeronautical Engineering?
29th February 2016, 11:50 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Which specialization is most suitable for me in MBA if I did B.Tech in Food Tech?

Food Technology is a wonderful course and it is not something that everybody studies these days. It is highly demanded in rural areas. These people are technical advanced about what type of food must humans / animals consume, what should be done to produce more of it, what food has what health nutrients and more of this. I hope you are well aware of whatever has been taught to you in the graduation/engineering.

Coming to your interest in taking up MBA, it is highly appreciated that even after doing B.Tech you wish to study further. There are many who only study graduation and then give up. However, here is a little information about what is MBA and how you should go about taking it up in the coming days:

1. MBA which is the short form of Masters of Business Administration is basically a 2 years post graduation program that complements the academics that is highly demanded in the market and businesses to run. It is also one of the most respected courses in the market.

2. To take up MBA, you have to sit for certain entrance exams in India such as MAT, CMAT, CAT, XAT, IIFT, SNAP, NMAT, etc. These are highly competitive and are really hard to crack. People take coaching from famous institutes such as T.I.M.E, Byju's, Career Launcher and others to crack these entrance exams and get way for best MBA Colleges.

3. Here are the top MBA colleges in the country:

IIM A, B, C, L, K, I
IITs
IIFT
NMIMS
SIBM Pune
MDI Gurgaon
FMS
XLRI
IMT G
IMI Delhi etc.

4. Each and every college conducts rounds of GD/PI and even written essay tests to shortlist candidates for final selection. It is not a very easy process so you have to prepare yourself for the same. Finally if you get through, you would be able to study MBA.

As far as the stream selection is concerned, I would recommend marketing for you since production is for those who want to work for conventional fields such as FMCG companies, automobiles and others where you have to look at production and operations of the products and services for those companies. However, even if you do that there would be no issues since you would be well placed.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?