29th September 2011, 02:26 AM
Unregistered

Which Optional subjects should I choose for Civil Services Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech? Books and Magazines to prepare for this Exam?

hello sir,
i am pursuing btech nw in 3rd year with mechanical.I want to prepare for civil services exam from now.So how should i choose optional subs., not have any interest in history like sub as i hate craming.I have intrst in physics & maths but i heard about the scaling system as a negative point for science background subs. in addition of these i want to attampt for ies too for which i will have to command on mechanical.but first preference goes to CSE.
Plz guide me-
1. what subs should i choose ?
2. for which paper should i prepare at this time PRE or MAIN ?
3. which books should i prefer ?
4. which newspaper or magazines should i start to read ?
I have 2 to 3 hrs daily to prepare this.
thank you.

Related Questions:
  1. Which subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd semester of Mechanical Engineering? Which Books should I prepare for this Exam?
  2. What should I do to prepare for Civil Services Exam along with my studies being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B-Pharmacy? How to prepare for General Knowledge, Current Affairs and other topics for Civil Services Exam?
  3. What are the steps to be followed to pursue Civil Services Exam? Which two optional subjects should I choose if I am from B.E ECE branch?
  4. Best optional subjects for IAS mains?
  5. How to choose my optional subject in civil exam? I am pursuing MSc statistics with computer application
  6. Which Optional subjects should I choose for Civil Services Exam after completion of BBA course?
  7. How to prepare for Punjab Civil services exam?
  8. Which Books to refer for JTO Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?
  9. Which subjects can AJ dental graduates opt to prepare for civil services exam? What can be the combination of subjects for optional subjects?
  10. How should I become an IPS officer after passing 12th?
  11. How can I choose my optional subjects for IPS exam? I am pursuing MSc in statistics and computer application
  12. Can I apply for Civil Services Exam being a candidate of pursuing M.Tech in Mechatronics? Which is the best optional subject for me for Civil Services Exam?
  13. Can I take optional subjects from my Branch in B.Tech for preparation for Civil services? I'm studying in B.tech(ECE) 3rd year
  14. How to prepare for Civil Services exam? Last 10 years Prelims Papers?
  15. Is it necessary to choose optional subjects in civil services from my graduation?
  16. Which optional subject can I choose in IAS exam being M.Sc in Mathematics holder? -- [New]
  17. Can I prepare for civil services after B.Tech in Agriculture engineering?
  18. How to prepare for IPS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B.Com? Which Books to prepare for this Exam?
29th September 2011, 10:15 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which Optional subjects should I choose for Civil Services Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech? Books and Magazines to prepare for this Exam?

first of all if you have interest on physics and mathematics then you should choose these two subjects as your optional subject. this is not true that scaling system as a negative point for science subjects. you may choose any subject which is listed for option subject in civil service examination. every subject has same scaling system it may be from science stream or arts stream. you should choose optional subject in which you have depth and which is related to your stream of study. as you are interested in mathematics and physics then obviously you should go for it.

in civil service examination first you have to appear in civil service preliminary examination. if you are able to clear the civil service preliminary examination then you will be able to appear in civil service main examination. so you must be prepared for both. but first you should give preference to preliminary examination. after preliminary examination you will get some time to be prepared for civil service main examination. but that time is not enough for the main examination. so you have to complete some part of main examination also.

there are so many good books in market for civil service examination. but i will suggest for your optional subject you should study the books which you have studied already whenever you studied that subject in your course. text books are the best to learn any subject. in civil service examination questions come from the basic part of the subject. so you must have very good knowledge in subject to clear the civil service examination. only the questions answer book is not sufficient for that.

just try to regularly go through any english newspaper regularly. that will be sufficient for this. there are some career related magazine in market which demand that they provide good suggestion and questions for civil service examination. you may subscribe few of these magazine but i think there is no need of this. study well you alone can clear the civil service examination.
how many hours you will study it will totally depend on you. it varies from person to person. if you think that 2 to 3 hours study per day is sufficient for civil service examination then ok study regularly 2 to 3 hours attentively. for information on civil service examination visit the UPSC official website http://www.upsc.gov.in

best of luck.
29th September 2011, 10:42 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which Optional subjects should I choose for Civil Services Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech? Books and Magazines to prepare for this Exam?

Dear friend,

Best optimal subjects for B-tech Candiadate:-

Optional subjects for CIVIL SERVICE main exam:

Economics , Electrical Engineering,Geography, Geology ,History, Law,Management,Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Science, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science and International Relations, Psychology, Public Administration, Sociology,Statistics, Zoology, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Anthropology,Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce and Accountancy.

You can choose the subject in sense of your strength . Because this is dependable to you.

Thanks
13th October 2011, 12:43 AM
Unregistered

IAM STUDYING B.PHARMACY,WCH OPTIONAL SUBJECT I HAVE TO CHOOSE
25th October 2011, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

which optional subjects should i choose for civil services exam being a candidate of pursing 1 year b-tech from ece ? books and magazines to prepare for this exam
17th November 2011, 09:35 AM
Unregistered

i am anil singh .may i know that about the optional subject of civil services ?i have completed BBA ,but i do not choose the optional subject as BBA background so please help me for choosing the optional subject .
3rd December 2011, 08:48 PM
Unregistered

Plz help me in selecting d optionals for mains%u2026%u2026I%u2019ve kept Public Administration as d 1st optional n I%u2019m confused as 2 wch 2 tke as my 2nd optional %u2013 eithr History r Sociology????? Wch do u suggest???? Waiting 4 ur reply%u2026%u2026.
19th December 2011, 02:24 PM
Unregistered

i m bhagyashri patil.plz tell me which optional subjects i can choose gor civil servises? i have complited my Engineering from IT branch.......so plz help me for choosing subject.
3rd January 2012, 03:01 PM
Unregistered

hello sir
i'm in first year b.tech i want to prepare for ias exam. so how can i start preparing? which magazines or which books i should refer? my brach is electronics but i'm having interests in general studies as well as languages so please guide me for choosing my optional subjects
thank you
31st January 2012, 04:35 PM
Unregistered

hello sir
i'm in 1st year b.tech i want to prepare for civils .my branch is mechanical .please suggest me which subjects i can choose for civil services....thank you
15th February 2012, 06:23 PM
puchu007

Dear friend,

Best optimal subjects for B-tech Candiadate:-

Optional subjects for CIVIL SERVICE main exam:

Economics , Electrical Engineering,Geography, Geology ,History, Law,Management,Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Science, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science and International Relations, Psychology, Public Administration, Sociology,Statistics, Zoology, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Anthropology,Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce and Accountancy.

You can choose the subject in sense of your strength . Because this is dependable to you.
10th June 2012, 02:24 AM
Unregistered

i am doing b.tech mechanical 1st yrs pleas tell me the step to prepaer for upsc exam
3rd August 2012, 01:26 AM
Unregistered

Respected sir! I am in B.A. First year. Which subject must i choose for the best result of IAS exam??
12th September 2012, 03:57 PM
Unregistered

i am a 2nd year IT student.which two optional subjects must i take.
6th November 2012, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

sir my name mahesh, just now i have finished my degree and i have interest to join ias. sir is it must to join coaching classes for study ? sir i did degree in chemistry,botany and zoology. which subjects should i choose for optional.?
13th December 2012, 09:55 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir,
I am doing b.tech electronics&communications.After completing the course i should go for the civil service exam.Could you please give me the information about the subject and books i have to study for the exam?
11th June 2013, 06:08 PM
Unregistered

Which optional subjects should I choose for Civil Services Exam being a candidate of 10th class? Books and Magazines to prepare for this Exam?
15th June 2013, 09:21 AM
sammy_wrath
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
IAM STUDYING B.PHARMACY,WCH OPTIONAL SUBJECT I HAVE TO CHOOSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i m bhagyashri patil.plz tell me which optional subjects i can choose gor civil servises? i have complited my Engineering from IT branch.......so plz help me for choosing subject.
Hello

Since you have done degree with BPharmacy you are also eligible for the civil services.

But you have many options as science student.

Following are options you can choose:

Chemistry

Mathematics

Physics

Botany

Anthropology

Anything which comes under science can get you good results.

But you should get good coaching on these areas so that you get through the exam.

Hope this info helped you..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?