12th October 2010, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

Patent Agent Exam: Dates, Preparations and Prospects after clearing the exam?

How to prepare and clear patent agent exam? I am in chennai any training course is available? When will be the exam? Scope after clearin this exam?

14th October 2010, 07:24 PM
aotiwari

Default Eligibility

The eligibility for patent agent is he/she shall be a citizen of India having completed the age of twenty one years, possessing a degree in Science, Engineering or Technology form any University established under law for the time being in force in the territory of India or possessing such other equivalent qualification as the specified by the Central Government. He/she has a total period of not less than ten years functioned either as an examiner or discharged the functions of the controller or both but stopped to hold any such capacity at the time of making the application for registration
14th October 2010, 07:30 PM
aotiwari

Default Exam type, syllabus and criteria for clearation

Pattern of Questions
•Paper I will have 40 objective type questions of one mark each and descriptive type questions of 60 marks.
•Paper II will have a set of two questions (different sets for science and engineering) on drafting of 30 marks each consisting of:
1.Drafting of specification from given claims and background.
2.Drafting of claims from given specification.
and the rest will be descriptive/interpretative type questions of 40 marks.
•Viva-voce examination will be based only on domain knowledge.

Exam:
Written Exam & Viva voice are the two exams.

The passing score is a minimum of 50% in each and an aggregate of 180 marks in all three combined.
14th October 2010, 07:35 PM
aotiwari

Default How to apply?

How to apply
Applications in the prescribed proforma and enclosures along with the prescribed fee of Rs.1000/- (Rupees One Thousand Only) in the form of D.D. in favour of
“Controller of Patents” payable at Mumbai should be sent to
“The Controller General of Patents,
Designs and Trade Marks”,
Boudhik Sampada Bhawan,
S.M. Road, Antop Hill,
Mumbai 400 037”
so as to reach on or before 15th November 2010 which is the last date for receiving the application. Envelopes containing the application should be clearly marked on top as “Patent Agent Examination -2011.”

Documents to be attached with the application :-
i. Self attested copy of proof of age;
ii. Self attested copy of degree certificate;
iii. Two copies of self attested passport size photographs.
Incomplete applications or those received after 15th November 2010 will not be entertained. The examination centre will be communicated to the candidates in due course.
14th October 2010, 07:38 PM
aotiwari

Default Exam date?

For all the examination details it will be communicated to the candidates or you can directly contact the concerned authority.
14th October 2010, 07:45 PM
aotiwari

Default How to prepare and clear patent agent exam?

The exam is quite difficult as you might heard of but you can crack it if you have dedication for it.
You can join trainingto prepare for Patent Agent Examination, there are many institutes offering courses for Patent agent Exam preparation. One of the premier institute, Global Institute of Intellectual Property (GIIP) offering The “Indian Patent Agent Exam Preparation course” program is 6 days (full time) program starting from 11th August to 19th August, 2010 at Delhi and Bangalore centre and is tailored for clearing the patent agent examination by aspiring IPR professionals. The program is meant for participants who want to appear for the Indian Patent Agent Exam and aim to become a Registered Patent Agent with Indian PTO, the program is designed and delivered by outstanding professionals with rich teaching, research, industry and consulting experience

For getting help online you can check the following site,
http://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Indian-Patent-Agent-Examination-2010-11353.asp

For details of your exam you can check this website
http://www.patentoffice.nic.in/iponew/Notification_PAE_October2010.pdf
14th October 2010, 07:53 PM
aotiwari

Default Re: Patent Agent Exam: Dates, Preparations and Prospects after clearing the exam?

Take a look at the following PPT to know the future aspects and
the value of clearing patent agent exam.
www.ipacademy.in/download/pae.ppt
19th October 2010, 08:18 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Patent Agent Exam: Dates, Preparations and Prospects after clearing the exam?

i want previou computer science DIPP question papers....plz send at [email protected]
30th November 2010, 10:42 AM
Unregistered

What is difference between Patentbar exam. & Patent agent exam?
Are they related to each other & how?
Pls. tell me which exam is most importent & which one i will give first?

-Hemangi Patil
20th January 2011, 03:16 PM
Unregistered

Hello Sir,
I am Senior Lecturer in an Engineering College and wish work on patents, also I wish to be a consultant both for Academics as well as software Organisation.Pls can you guide me how should I go to achieve my goals alongwith my job.

--V.Mishra
31st January 2011, 02:59 PM
Unregistered

sir could anybody tell me the syllabus of wos c scholarship exam
16th March 2011, 02:56 PM
Unregistered

Result kab aayega??
15th April 2011, 08:02 PM
Unregistered

result kab aayega??
12th May 2011, 06:49 PM
Unregistered

when will the result of patent agent exam 2011 be declared??????? should'nt the patent office post some notification regarding this by now????
13th May 2011, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

when the next patent agent examination is going to be held?
16th May 2011, 02:06 PM
Unregistered

When Indian Patent Agent Exam 2011 result is going to be declared????????
17th May 2011, 06:02 PM
Unregistered

I have tried contacting the Patent office through mails but unfortunately did not get any response from them.
Also no one picks the phone when I tried to call them.
18th May 2011, 11:36 AM
Unregistered

The 2010 results were declared on may 12th, 2010. So ideally it should come by this month.
20th May 2011, 09:45 AM
Unregistered

They have to declaare the results of examiners also this time ...so may be after that results..they r supposed to be declared on 31st may
24th May 2011, 05:04 PM
Unregistered

Called the patent office yesterday. They said that results would be declared at the end of May or in the first weekof june.
18th June 2011, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

could you please tell me the syllabus of the exam for biotechnology stream?
18th June 2011, 06:29 PM
Unregistered

could you please tell me the syllabus for biotechnology stream ?
1st July 2011, 12:53 PM
Unregistered

I am A Advocate Can i apply for the Patent Agent Exam ?
12th July 2011, 11:45 PM
Unregistered

i am a law graduate. practing advocate. i am not background in science. would i apply patent agent exam.
15th July 2011, 09:55 PM
CHAUDHARY79

hi dear,
How to apply
Applications in the prescribed proforma and enclosures along with the prescribed fee of Rs.1000/- (Rupees One Thousand Only) in the form of D.D. in favour of
Boudhik Sampada Bhawan,
S.M. Road, Antop Hill,
Mumbai 400 037”
so as to reach on or before 15th November 2010 which is the last date for receiving the application. Envelopes containing the application should be clearly marked on top as “Patent Agent Examination -2011.”

Incomplete applications or those received after 15th November 2010 will not be entertained. The examination centre will be communicated to the candidates in due course.

thanks
14th August 2011, 10:21 PM
Unregistered

when to apply for the patent agent exam 2012?
22nd August 2011, 07:28 PM
Unregistered

when to apply for 2012 exam and where will advertise come?
22nd August 2011, 07:40 PM
Unregistered

Please let us know when to apply for patent agent exam 2012
30th August 2011, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

Whats the future after clearing this exam??
31st August 2011, 06:00 PM
cool.cristae

Hi dear,

How to apply
Boudhik Sampada Bhawan,
S.M. Road, Antop Hill,
Mumbai 400 037”

Thanks
1st September 2011, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

time duration of exam
17th September 2011, 09:15 PM
Unregistered

hello Sir,
when application from will launched for Patent Agent exam 2012?
17th September 2011, 09:18 PM
Unregistered

hi sir,
please tell me when the application form will launched for Patent agent exam 2012?
6th October 2011, 12:00 PM
Unregistered

I want information about training centers for patent agent exam
8th October 2011, 11:40 AM
Unregistered

WHEN Z D PATENT AGENT EXAM FOR 2012?
7th November 2011, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

Where i will get format for application for patent agent exam
11th November 2011, 11:30 AM
Unregistered

Did the patent agent exam date for 2012 is updated??
If yes, when is the last date for applying?
If no, when it will be updated?
15th December 2011, 12:12 AM
Unregistered

can anybody suggest me best patent agent exam training institutes in chennai.. and fee structure?
22nd December 2011, 10:22 AM
Unregistered

hello sir,
when and from where, i will get the application for patent exam 2012?
25th December 2011, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

what is phone no of patent office in mumbai abhijit
9th January 2012, 08:43 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
when to apply for 2012 exam and where will advertise come?
Dear Sir,
When we expected the patet exam date
9th February 2012, 10:56 PM
Unregistered

kindly let me know whether the dates for the patent agents exam 2012 have been announced
7th December 2012, 11:40 AM
Unregistered

for biotechnology patent officer now for the year 2012 how many seat are going to be filled by central government?when will be this exam held?and how to apply it?
11th March 2013, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

What is the last date for submission of online application as well as physical application for the post of Patent Agent Exam, 2013
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?