22nd January 2012, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility for getting admission in CAT based B Schools?

i got 28 percentile in CAT.where can i get admitted for mba program in cat based bschools.
plz send me details on my mail id

23rd May 2012, 10:57 PM
romi_bal

Unhappy Re: What is the eligibility for getting admission in CAT based B Schools?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i got 28 percentile in CAT.where can i get admitted for mba program in cat based bschools.
plz send me details on my mail id
Sorry ,your percentile is very low, I guess you are not eligible for any of good colleges but you can try for some private colleges. As for me I will suggest you to prepare again for next year & try to score good percentile.

31st May 2012, 11:59 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: What is the eligibility for getting admission in CAT based B Schools?

Hi

For your information, I must tell you that 28 percentile means you are amongst the top 72% people. This percentile is not worth enough to get you any seats in the B-Schools.

As you may know IIM's i.e Indian Institutes of Management are the top B-Schools in India and CAT - Common Admission Test is the Entrance Exam to get into them..
But the competition is very tough and so you need to get a very good percentile to get any seats in the IIM's

Now talking about the Eligibility Criteria about the CAT other any other MBA Entrance exams like MAT, XAT, GMAT, SNAP, JIMS, etc. they are you should be a minimum graduate or final year appearing in the graduation to be able to apply for this.
Also you can take as many attempts as you can..as there are no age limits.

Eligibility Criteria to solely get admission in the CAT Based B-Schools i.e the IIM's majorly is that you need to attempt the CAT, and score above 98 percentile or cut off percentile to be able to get a call from them. Also you should have good presence of mind, communication skills, etc..

So do not worry, you can take more attempts to the CAT next years so I would suggest you to prepare well.Also score more percentile and get higher ranks.

All the best

Regards
RANJEET

1st June 2012, 12:27 AM
Sayyed Shahrukh

Cool Re: What is the eligibility for getting admission in CAT based B Schools?

Hello Friend...........

As you may know IIM's i.e Indian Institutes of Management are the top B-Schools in India and CAT - Common Admission Test is the Entrance Exam to get into them..

Eligibility Criteria :

you need to attempt the CAT.

and score above 98 percentile or cut off percentile to be able to get a call from them.

Also you should have good presence of mind, communication skills, etc..

So do not worry, you can take more attempts to the CAT next years.

so I would suggest you to prepare well.Also score more percentile and get higher ranks.

Best Of Luck. Do well and Crack exams
Thank YOu!!!!!!!!!!!

1st June 2012, 12:28 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility for getting admission in CAT based B Schools?

Indian Institute of Management conducted entrance exam like CAT(Common Admission Test) for admission to MBA course in top B-school of India.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass with at least 50% marks in any stream, is eligible to apply for CAT. There is no maximum age bar to apply for CAT.

The selection is of written exam based on computer followed by Group Discussion and personal interview. One should have secured 98% marks in CAT exam in order to expect sure admission to top B-school under IIM.

For more information you may log on to http://www.catiim.in

1st June 2012, 12:36 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility for getting admission in CAT based B Schools?

Hi dear.........
The details eligibility criteria for CAT exam ....

According to the rank you will get the college for admission .
The best college for MBA are as follows....

Good luck.......

22nd October 2012, 09:53 PM
Unregistered

can a person enter into a top b school by writting the entrance exams after 2nd puc?

23rd October 2012, 01:54 PM
violent viper

dear....

17th May 2013, 01:14 PM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Hi

As per eligibility criteria for CAT

You should have done your graduation from UGC recognised college/institute
You should have scored atleast 50% marks ( General ) or 45% (SC/ST)
You should not have any back log

Person meeting the above criteria, have to appear for CAT Entrance Exam, and need to score atleast 99+ percentile to get call for GD/PI from various colleges.

all the best

17th May 2013, 01:15 PM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: What is the eligibility for getting admission in CAT based B Schools?

Hi

As per eligibility criteria for CAT

You should have done your graduation from UGC recognised college/institute
You should have scored atleast 50% marks ( General ) or 45% (SC/ST)
You should not have any back log

Person meeting the above criteria, have to appear for CAT Entrance Exam, and need to score atleast 99+ percentile to get call for GD/PI from various colleges.

all the best

16th July 2013, 11:31 PM
Unregistered

i have a cgpa of 5.85 and i am going to appear for CAT in 2013 ......so do i have a chance of getting into b-schools (assuming i do well in CAT...or other exams NMAT,SNAP,XAT) with a low cgpa ???

18th January 2014, 09:31 PM
Unregistered

I have got 56.99 Percentile in CAT held in 2013. And I come under the category OBC. Please let me know whether I can get admission in any B-Schools. If yes, kindly share the details.
Thanks.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?