14th March 2012, 11:22 PM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility criteria for PCS exam? Minimum qualifications required? I want to appear for PCS entrance exam

Dear Sir,
I want to apear in pcs exams . But i have not more informations about pcs. So I want to know that what is eligibility for pcs exams and minimum qualification (with percentage). Please give me information for pcs

2nd April 2012, 11:48 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for PCS exam? Minimum qualifications required? I want to appear for PCS entrance exam

Dear Sir,
I want to apear in pcs exams . But i have not more informations about pcs. So I want to know that what is eligibility for pcs exams and minimum qualification (with percentage). Please give me information for pcs
22nd April 2012, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for PCS exam? Minimum qualifications required? I want to appear for PCS entrance exam

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1897759]Dear Sir,
I want to apear in pcs exams . But i have not more informations about pcs. So I want to know that what is eligibility for pcs exams a minimum qualification (with percentage). Please give me information for pcs[/
after doing b.h.m.s,what would be the subjects for pcs exame.
27th April 2012, 10:59 PM
Unregistered

QUOTE=Unregistered;1897759]Dear Sir,
I want to apear in pcs exams . But i have not more informations about pcs. So I want to know that what is eligibility for pcs exams a minimum qualification (with percentage). Please give me information for pcs[/
after doing b.h.m.s,what would be the subjects for pcs exame

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/what-eligibility-criteria-pcs-exam-minimum-qualifications-required-i-want-appear-pcs-entrance-exam-667329.html#ixzz1tFsenT5Z
27th April 2012, 11:03 PM
Unregistered

I want to know that what is eligibility for pcs exams a minimum qualification (with percentage). Please give me information for pcs[/
16th May 2012, 09:10 PM
Unregistered

u just need to b a graduate from a recognized university with min of 60%
16th May 2012, 11:16 PM
ZasmendarSingh

Smile Re: What is the eligibility criteria for PCS exam? Minimum qualifications required? I want to appear for PCS entrance exam

1-U should be graduate with any stream.
2-U should be 21y old.
3-u should be parmanent living person of India.
18th May 2012, 12:44 PM
Unregistered

Can a PH NRI person appear for PCS at the age of 41 ?
19th May 2012, 07:21 PM
Unregistered

what is the minimum percentage required 4 appearnig in pcs exam? what is the sllaybus 4 commerce student?
25th May 2012, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

I want to apear in pcs exams . But i have not more informations about pcs. So I want to know that what is eligibility for pcs exams and minimum qualification (with percentage). Please give me information my email id [email protected] for pcs.
25th May 2012, 04:04 PM
Unregistered

I want to apear in pcs exams . But i have not more informations about pcs. So I want to know that what is eligibility for pcs exams and minimum qualification (with percentage). Please give me information my email.id [email protected] for pcs
25th May 2012, 09:34 PM
GOUTHAMMADDY

Punjab civil services (pcs) exam is conducted for recruiting the candidates into the following posts of Punjab :-

PCS(EB) and Allied Services
PCS(J)
Distt PO's
BDPO's
DSP
DS(Jail)
Treasury Officers and
Forestry Officers

Eligibility Criteria for appearing this Examination is :-

1.You should possess a degree of bachelor in any discipline from a recognized university or institution.

2.You are not eligible for appearing in the preliminary examination, unless you passed the Matriculation examination with Punjabi as one of the compulsory or elective subjects or any other equivalent examination in Punjabi language, which may be specified by the Government from time to time.

3.You must also have to qualify the Physical Test before appearing the mains exam.

pattren :
Preliminary Examination
Objective type Multiple Choice
General Studies (Compulsory)
One subject from the list of Optional for Preliminary.

Age Limits :-
You should have attained the minimum age of 21 years and should not have attained the age of 35 years.
Age relaxation in upper age limit, upto 10 years to the disabled persons of Punjab.

Minimum Height:-
Men -- 5'.7"
Women -- 5'.3"

Optional subjects include
Botany
Law
Agriculture
Geo Economics
Defense & Strategic Studies
Chemistry l
Sociology
History
Mathematics
Statistics
Commerce
Physics
Political Science
Geography
Zoology
Philosophy
Psychology
English Literature
Sanskrit
Urdu Language & Literature
Hindi Literature
Computer Science
Electronics Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Punjabi Literature
Public Administration
Medical Science
Veterinary Sciences& Animal Husbandry
Management
Electrical Engineering
Civil Engineering

WITH WARM REGARDS

GOUTHAM.

Men Chest Measurement:
Un-Expanded -- 33"
Expanded -- 341/2"
25th May 2012, 11:39 PM
EALPExpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir,
Information About PCS Exam :

PCS stands for Punjab Civil Service Exam conducted by the Punjab Public Service Commission for the recruiting in various services/posts like Treasury Officers, Forest Officers and District Probation Officers etc.

For attending the PCS exam, you need to qualify the required requirements like educational qualifications and age limit and more..

Required Requirements:

For attending the PCS exam, required educational qualifications are you must completed the GRADUATION from recognized university and final year students are also eligible. But you need to completed the matriculation exam certificate with punjabi as a compulsory subject for this exam. And here not required any percentage in graduation as well in 10+2 and 10th class.

Required minimum age limit should be 21 years and maximum should be 35 years and here age relaxation is available as per govt rules.

Selection Procedure :

The selection procedure for requiting in the various posts through this exam, is based on the preliminary examination and main examination and it consists of compulsory and optional subjects. After qualify the both tests called for interview.

This exam will be conducted in the month of JUNE every year and the examination center will be only in Chandigarh.

http://ppsc.gov.in/

~~~ Regards
MALLESH
28th May 2012, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

I am 36 years of age and in today's newspaper it was given that now the age limit for pcs exam is upto 40 years . Am I eligible?
10th June 2012, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

when forms are available for pcs 2013????
17th June 2012, 04:32 PM
Unregistered

what is the eligibility criteria?i am 26 yrs old and a computer engg.
18th June 2012, 11:27 PM
Unregistered

i am a graduate with 52% marks, my height is 5'2". am i eligible for pcs exams ? ashutosh kumar
18th June 2012, 11:36 PM
Unregistered

i am a graduate with 52% marks, my height is 5'2". am i eligible for pcs exams ? ashutosh kumar
19th June 2012, 05:13 PM
Unregistered

respected sir ,please tell me fees pcs enterance test
19th June 2012, 07:46 PM
Unregistered

i have passed the graduate with 55% with bc category am i eligible for pcs
20th June 2012, 06:53 PM
Unregistered

sir tell me about sllabas exam paper
21st June 2012, 06:56 PM
Unregistered

i hav pasd 2(non-med)wid 59% nd BCA(pbi uni. patiala) wid 73% mrks....... m i eligible for PCS exm
nd sir plz tell me about exm form fees....plz tell me sir
21st June 2012, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

can i give pcs exam after doing b.a general
22nd June 2012, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

is this year pcs entrance test far away?
22nd June 2012, 11:12 PM
guruvana244

Quote:
is this year pcs entrance test far away?

Eligibility Criteria for a PCS Exam

• Educational Qualification
  • The candidate must have a graduation degree from a recognized university or institution.
  • The candidate must have choosen Punjabi as one of the cumpulsory or optional subject in his/her matriculation.
  • Age Criteria for PCS
    • The age of applicant should not lie below 21 and above 35 years.
    • For Punjab Police Service the candidate should not be below 21 and should not be above 28 years.
    • There is a provision of age relaxation upto 5 years for SC/ST Candidate for DSP post.
    • For widows and Divorcees upper age limit is relaxable up to 40 years
    • For physically challanged candidate the maximum age limit is 45 years.
  • Physical Standard Requirement for PCS
    • Minimum height of Men: 5'.7"
    • Minimum height of Women: 5'.3"
    • Chest Measurement for Men (Expanded): 341/2"
    • Chest Measurement for Men (Unexpanded): 33"
  • Number of Permissible Attempts
    • For Normal Candidates - 4 Attempts
    • For Ex-Servicemen -3 Attempts.

As you can see that there are no any criteria where any marks requirement is mentioned so don't worry for marks and just see the eligibility criteria mentioned above and decide whether you are eligible or not.

good luck
27th June 2012, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I am a B.com Graduate, How can I apply for the same exam & what's the procedure that I should have to follow for appearing in same exam?
Please give the details with the fees structure.
29th June 2012, 06:11 PM
Unregistered

sir i am a punjab govt. science mistress at dist. mohali. general category. i am 41 years age. is there any age relaxation for govt. employee. am i eligible for giving exams.
29th June 2012, 09:38 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

PCS exam eligibility criteria:-

You should be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized university.

You should have punjabi as one of your subject in the matriculation exam.

Your age should be between 21-35 years of age.

There is age relaxation for the SC/ST and OBC candidates.

At the most you can give this exam for four times.

The selection procedure includes prelim exam, main exam and viva voce.

For more information log onto this website:- http://www.pcsexam.com
30th June 2012, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

I have 52 percent marks in graduation can i appear for pcs exam?
30th June 2012, 04:56 PM
kutti.29
Senior Member+

Quote:
I have 52 percent marks in graduation can i appear for pcs exam?

Eligibility Criteria for a PCS Exam

• Educational Qualification
  • The candidate must have a graduation degree from a recognized university or institution.
  • The candidate must have choosen Punjabi as one of the cumpulsory or optional subject in his/her matriculation.
  • Age Criteria for PCS
    • The age of applicant should not lie below 21 and above 35 years.
    • For Punjab Police Service the candidate should not be below 21 and should not be above 28 years.
    • There is a provision of age relaxation upto 5 years for SC/ST Candidate for DSP post.
    • For widows and Divorcees upper age limit is relaxable up to 40 years
    • For physically challanged candidate the maximum age limit is 45 years.
  • Physical Standard Requirement for PCS
    • Minimum height of Men: 5'.7"
    • Minimum height of Women: 5'.3"
    • Chest Measurement for Men (Expanded): 341/2"
    • Chest Measurement for Men (Unexpanded): 33"
  • Number of Permissible Attempts
    • For Normal Candidates - 4 Attempts
    • For Ex-Servicemen -3 Attempts.
As you can see that there are no any criteria where any marks requirement is mentioned so don't worry for marks and just see the eligibility criteria mentioned above and decide whether you are eligible or not.

good luck

30th June 2012, 07:48 PM
janvi roy

Dear friend,
You need to be a minimum of graduate from a recognised university.
Percentage:above 55% is required.
Good luck
16th July 2012, 10:56 PM
Amoldeep singh nandha

Unhappy Ellim university is UGC approved or not

Hello maina apni B.A ellim university sikkim se ki hai. Now please tell me ke mai pcs ke exam ke liye eligible hoon ke nh. Aur pls aap mujhe btaye ki ellim university is recognised or not
17th July 2012, 12:36 AM
Amoldeep singh nandha

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1897759]Dear Sir,
I want to apear in pcs exams . But i have not more informations about pcs. So I want to know that what is eligibility for pcs exams and minimum qualification (with percentage). Please give me information for pcs . Maine apna graduation ellim uni sikkim se kiya hai.pls tell me ke ellim uni is UGC approved or not. Am i elible for pcs exam
23rd July 2012, 03:30 PM
Unregistered

Syllabus and procedure to apply for PCS exams? Best coaching institutes for preparation of PCS exams?
25th July 2012, 08:38 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Dear Sir,
yaar agar apko kisi ko pta ae toh muje b bta dena at [email protected]
26th July 2012, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for PCS(provincial civil services) and which subjects are available for preparation?
31st July 2012, 12:58 PM
Unregistered

height criteria is only required for police services or not ??????
3rd August 2012, 02:51 PM
Unregistered

sir, i am doing graduation. my height is 5".. am i eligible for p.c.s exem????/ plese reply
11th August 2012, 10:49 PM
Unregistered

i am a graduate wid 52% markS. my height iz 5.2. am i eligible for pcs??
17th August 2012, 11:21 PM
Unregistered

min.percentage for PCS and IAS is?
20th August 2012, 11:28 PM
Unregistered

what is the age limit now for govt. employee
24th August 2012, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

I am B.Com. graduate. My height is 5''4'. So am i eligible for PCS Exam..Plz Rply...
11th September 2012, 12:48 AM
Unregistered

i am a student of M A English . how can i apply for PCS exams .......................? what is the criteria ..............?
21st September 2012, 09:13 PM
Unregistered

I'AM A KERALITE, OBC,FIRST YEAR, MATHS STUDENT WITH 17 YEARS OLD.AND, I HAVE ACHIEVED 83% MARKS EACH IN BOTH 10 & 2.AM'I ELIGIBLE FOR PSC?IF YES,WHAT ARE IT'S PROCEDURES?
30th September 2012, 07:27 PM
Unregistered

what are the qualification to b eligible for p c s after completing b.com
17th October 2012, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

i am b-tech graduate.my height is 5"..can i eligible for pcs exam??????????????
17th October 2012, 10:11 PM
tradus

HI,

These are the following eligibility criteria for PCS exam------------------

1.The candidate must have a graduation degree from a recognized university
2.You should get at least 50% marks in graduation
3.SC/ST has the relaxation of 5% marks
4.The candidate have to be a graduate
5.Your age should be between 21-35 years of age.

Hope the information helps you,
all the best..............
22nd October 2012, 09:46 PM
Unregistered

My height is 5.5' so can i apply for PCS please do resolve my query at [email protected]
22nd October 2012, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

My height is 5.5' so can I apply for PCS exam please do inform my as fast as possible.
Thanyou
10th November 2012, 09:28 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for PSC examination

-->you age must be between 21 years -- 35 years

Age relaxation

*For -- ST/SC/OBS/==> 5 years age relaxation.

**Education qualification**

-->You must complete your graduation degree from any recognized university

-->You must have atleast 55% marks in your graduation course

Marital status:-

-->If you are married then you must have one wife/husband and you must provide a respective court should issue such certificate.

syllabus for PSC exam

general science

history of india

Indian national movement

Indian economy

Indian politics

agriculture and trade

world geography

current events

general knowledge

population

environment

all the best..!!

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?