14th April 2012, 06:34 PM
Unregistered

How should I prepare for IIT JEE? Books that are to be referred? What will be the format of the exam paper next year? Is there any weightage of 12th result?

How to prepare for IIT-JEE? Which books are to be referred? What 'll be the format of examination paper of IIT-JEE 2013? Is there any weightage of 12th result?

12th June 2012, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How should I prepare for IIT JEE? Books that are to be referred? What will be the format of the exam paper next year? Is there any weightage of 12th result?

how should be time table of study ?
17th June 2012, 02:59 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How should I prepare for IIT JEE? Books that are to be referred? What will be the format of the exam paper next year? Is there any weightage of 12th result?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How to prepare for IIT-JEE? Which books are to be referred? What 'll be the format of examination paper of IIT-JEE 2013? Is there any weightage of 12th result?
Well first things first-you need to understand concepts in each of the three subjects.
Assuming that IIT-JEE will exist in 2013 and that there is no too much shift in the syllabus(there is definitely going to be change in the exam pattern, but the core content of the syllabus should remain the same), you can refer the following books:

Math:
Basic Text :RS Aggarwal(Class XI and XII)-solve this first, it will help you gauge your strength and weak areas and also complete your prep for boards.
JEE-related texts:
--Higher Algebra Hall and Knight
--Calculus IA Maron
-- Coordinate Geometry and Trigon SL Loni
-- Vectors Arihant's Amit Agarwal
and,
(ONLY if time permits TMH's course in Math)

Physics:
Basic Text: NCERT +HC Verma
JEE-related texts:
--Halliday,Resnick and Walker-Fundamentals of Physics
and,
(ONLY if time permits IE Irodov's book)

Chemistry:
Basic text: NCERT
JEE-related texts:
--RC Mukerjee for physical chem
--Morrison and Boyd OR Solomons for Organic Chem (dont buy both)
--JD Lee for inorganic chem

Most likely we will have a common engg entrance exam from 2013. So you will have a JEE main(50%) and your 12th(50%) scores which will allow you to qualify for the JEE advanced(only 50,000 will go through to the second round of tests). The above books should help you in any scenario. Remember the faculty at IITs want to test your interest and aptitude in sciences, so understand while you read.Whatever be the pattern they are looking for the same essential factors in a student.

I would recommend Brilliants or any other good coaching's correspondence course so that you stay in tune with the syllabus(they will of course not teach you topics out of syllabus), and can take a few mock tests before the actual exam.

More importantly, have some general reading as well like newspapers and good magazines.
IIT is the Indian dream, but there is something bigger waiting for you post-IIT too.

Good luck.
19th September 2012, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

is helix institute in chandigarh good for iit
2nd October 2012, 10:58 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Top Books For IIT JEE:-

IIT - JEE Solved Papers (2001-2012)
by G.K.P.
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd

Chemical Bonding for IIT-JEE/ AIEEE
by Vaibhav Trivedi
Publisher: Disha Publication

Mathematics for IIT-JEE: Calculus (Volume - 3)
by G S N Murti, K P R Sastry
Publisher: Wiley India Pvt Ltd

Understanding Physics Electricity & Magnetism for IIT JEE
by D C Pandey
Publisher: Arihant Publications

Super Course in Chemistry for the IIT-JEE: Physical Chemistry
by T. I. M. E.
Publisher: Pearson

New Pattern IIT-JEE Mathematics
by S. K. Goyal
Publisher: Arihant Publishers

The First Steps IIT JEE Physics
by Vikas Jain
Publisher: Arihant Publications

Hope this helps :-> :->
14th November 2012, 01:45 PM
Realstarsajjad

Referred books for IIT-JEE preparation :

** Mathematics - R.S Agwarwal.
** Physics - H.C Verma.
** Chemistry - NCERT Text book.
** Also you can use this publication's practice books 'Pradeeps' or 'mtg' or 'dinesh'.

₹ You must have 50% marks on 12th exam.
₹ Your age between 18 years to 25 years.
₹ Candidate must read in science stream(Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics).

Candidate must at first pass on the 'Jee main' exam. After that he/she will be eligible for 'advance' exam.
For apply online you can visit this website, www.jeemain.nic.in

All the best !
3rd April 2013, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

Sir,I have given 12th board exam.i am interested for iit ,but this year due to lack of preparation i don't want to give iit exam now.This year i am interested for coaching. please give me some suggestion.
23rd May 2013, 07:14 PM
Unregistered

COACHING INSTITUE IS NECESSARY OR NOT FORT IIT?
19th July 2014, 07:12 AM
Unregistered

I also wasted my 11th year , now i realised that so how I prepare jee syllabus in 1 year?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?