19th January 2011, 07:43 PM
blue wings

What type of students are prefered by major companies?

What type of students are preffered by the major companies?

Reply fast

Thanking you

Related Questions:
  1. Is B.Arch a good career option after 12th? Which college is the best for the course? How to prepare for NATA and AIEEE?
  2. Am I eligible for major IT and non IT companies after scoring 70.72% in 10th, 75.66% in PU and 63% average till B.E? What type of certificate courses will help me? Should I join CAD or IT related courses like JAVA or Oracle?
  3. List companies offering Project Internship to CSE students? How to approach? -- [New]
  4. Which companies hire students having less than 65%? What do they look out in students?
  5. Importance of Training for Engineering students? Companies offering Internship?
  6. Opportunities available in government sector after finishing B.E from Anna University? Which are the government exams?
  7. What are training programmes in any university? Basic modules of training and 2 months trainee opportunity?
  8. Pay band in the companies recruiting students from NPTI and what type of job they will be employed?
  9. List of companies which provide electronics and communication major training in Mumbai?
  10. What's the cut-off marks to sit in campus placement?
  11. How to prepare for Railway entrance exam?
  12. List of companies in Secunderabad, Hyderabad offering major projects for B.Tech civil engineering students
  13. Job opportunites after Instrumentation engineering? Which type of company or job, should I prefer? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. How can I apply to get an internship in major electronic companies like Intel, Samsung, Siemens and L&T in Bangalore or Mumbai being a B.Tech ECE 2nd year candidate?
  15. How much percentile to be get in GATE Exam to join IIT? Companies preferring GATE score card?
  16. Eligibility for Major IT companies after doing BSc IT through correspondence mode?
  17. Am I eligible for major IT and non IT companies after scoring 86% in 10th, 86% in intermediate and 59.2% average in B.Tech? What type of certificate courses will help me? Should I join CAD or IT related courses like JAVA or Oracle?
  18. Electronics companies in Hyderabad which are offering training for Major Projects?
20th January 2011, 06:27 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What type of students are prefered by major companies?

An ideal candidate would be who has a good analytical mind and also who knows to express it. The candidate must meet the education qualification for the post vacant. Also the candidate should be able maintain a good relationship with his subordinates and also seniors. The candidate should be forecast well for the better functioning of the organisation. The candidate must think in the benefit of the company.
2nd February 2011, 03:30 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

Different companies have different student evaluation criteria. There is no such hard and fast benchmark or standard that they seek.

But generally, they look in a candidate is efficiency in aptitude solving, problem solving capabilities and subject knowledge.

If there is a good blend of these facts in a candidate he/she has better scope to be recruited by reputed companies or major companies.

Good luck!
20th February 2011, 11:12 PM
jincy eapen

Students with a whole lot of extra things apart from their curriculum are more preferred by the companies, only studying the course is not sufficient ,you have to at least know what are the current company trends ,what technology are they working and if you learn that language it will be a plus point for you to get selected and you should and they should also feel that you have the potential to grow in a successive healthy environment in their firm.
21st February 2011, 12:44 AM
sanjay kumar saini
Senior Member+

hi,
Every company requires knowlegious and smart student.
every company require genious student.he requires that student has enough about his specification and other knowlege.criteria of different companies is different according to their requirements.
21st February 2011, 09:08 AM
SupritShestha

Most of the companies have their own procedure of selection of candidate for their job. Selection may vary from company to company. Software company may test your software and programming skills while other may not. But the big common thing that all the companies look in a candidate is that he/she has sufficient knowledge about the job profile and sees whether he/she will be able to fit in the job with ease. For that you need to develop your skills in all the aspects like Apps, Reasoning, GD and HR. They look into you a positive person who has the potential of development when you join the company. So in addition to academic marks the attitude of a candidate also matters a lot.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?