26th May 2012, 01:04 AM
Unregistered

Should I go for banking job after passing MBA Marketing and Finance?

After passing MBA marketing and Finance presently working with pharmaceutical sectros should i go for banking job?

Related Questions:
  1. MBA in HR and Marketing holder can do another MBA in Finance & Banking?
  2. Which university is better to do MBA correspondence? Can I get a job with 30k after passing MBA? Eligibility for M.Phil banking and finance?
  3. Job opportunities for MBA(Finance & Dual Marketing) postgraduate who has 3 years of work experience in Banking sector?
  4. Which bank job is suitable for me being MBA in finance and marketing?
  5. MBA in HR holder can do another MBA in Finance & Banking?
  6. How to get a job in finance after doing MBA 2nd year in Marketing and Finance
  7. Job options in Finance sector after MBA in Finance and Marketing? -- [New]
  8. Where can I get good Job being a candidate having completed MBA in Finance & Marketing? How can I get a good Job?
  9. How to get a job in abroad after completing MBA in Finance and Marketing?
  10. List of top Institutes offering MBA in Banking and Finance?
  11. Which Certification courses are better for me to have career in Investment Banking having completed MBA in Finance, NCFM in Derivatives Market and Diploma in Banking and Finance from IIBF?
  12. Can I do any short term diploma course with B.Com?
  13. How to get a job in BSNL after doing MBA in finance plus marketing?
  14. Probationary officer exam while doing last semseter of MBA? Bank PO officers salary structure? Procedure?
  15. Job after completing MBA in Banking & Finance
  16. Jobs in banking sector after MBA in Marketing and HR? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. How can I apply for civil services after doing graduation in B.Tech computer science
  18. Opportunities and job details of MBA and MArketing?
26th May 2012, 07:44 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I go for banking job after passing MBA Marketing and Finance?

The choice of changing to banking sector should be made based on your interest. It all depends on your career aspirations. To join the banking sector you need to prepare for the written test, group discussion and interview round. The written test is aptitude oriented. The areas covered are similar to the MBA entrance exam. It will include reasoning, QA, English grammar, comprehension, GK.
26th May 2012, 09:42 AM
ranjeet kumar sanjeet
Member+

Default Re: Should I go for banking job after passing MBA Marketing and Finance?

dear friend.
of course you can enter into banking sector after completing you mba in finance.
if your institute(from where you had pursued your mba) is aicte approved and recognised by ugc then certainly you are eligible for doing the government banking jobs also. you are eligible for all these three categories:
1. clerk.
2. probationary officer.
3. scale-2 manager.
so if want to enter into banking field than go and just prepare for it, there are a huge number of vaccancies in banking in near future.
all the best.
26th May 2012, 12:49 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

There is two ways to go for Banking jobs

1. Bank clerks,

2. Bank PO(Probationary Officer).

For there bank jobs the minimum qualification is graduation only, you are a MBA student so you are eligible for Both the jobs.

IBPS(Institute of Banking Personal Institute) is conducting the exam for 19 banking sectors.

[COLOR="Eligibility criteria for Bank PO:"][/COLOR]

The candidate should be complete graduation from a recognised university.

You should be a citizen of india.

Being a final year graduation student also eligible

Age limits is not morethan 30 years and not lessthan 21 years.

Selection procedure:

Written test,
Interview.

Eligibility criteria for bank clerk:

The candidate should be complete 12th standard from a recognised board with atleast of 60%marks.

The candidate should be a citizen of india.

Age limits is 18 years to 28 years.

Selection process:

Written test,
Interview.

For more details visit the official website of IBPS

http://www.ibps.in0

All the best.
26th May 2012, 12:53 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

first of all u have to ask yourself whether a job in bank sounds lucrative to u or not...coz u have lots of options at hand right now...
Below are the sector where you can get Job with better package and designation-

1.Banking sector
2.Insurance sector
3.Capital Market
4.Mortgage
5.Derivatives
6.Option and futures
7.Six sigma
8.Accounting sector
9.Investment sector
10.Asset Management
11.Finance sector.
12.Sales sector

Best of Luck
26th May 2012, 01:58 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi
if you have done MBA then you can get jobs in any sector in which you wants.
Banking is a good choice for you.
you can give the exam of PO for the banking job.
ELIGIBLITY FOR PO BANK EXAM
Educational Qualification:
Candidate should have atleast graduate degree for the exam from a recognised university.

Age Criteria:
candidate age shold be lies in between 20-30 years.

Upper Age Relaxation:
OBC-3 years
SC/ST-5 years

for more information you can click here www.ibpspoexam.com
27th May 2012, 02:37 AM
desimba

I am not sure why people are recommending PO exams here, when you can get a direct managerial position at any bank post MBA. But PO exams are not my expertise and hence, I would not comment on it.
One thing you need to keep in mind is, that your pharma sector wont really help you much if you get into retail banking. You will run a risk of discounting your prior experience if you chose retail banking positions. Having said that, you can always go for corporate banking profiles where you can leverage your pharma experience.

-Rahul // www.desimba.in
4th June 2012, 10:20 AM
Unregistered

i am not speak english perfactly ,can i recive job after MBA by finance and marketing
21st June 2012, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

Hi recently completed my mba finance which kind of job can i choose
4th September 2012, 03:59 PM
akshay2005

what are the positions after mba in finance in which i can work in...
if i do not want to be in banking sector and more incline towards corporate finance...
so which post/position should i aim for....
4th September 2012, 04:01 PM
akshay2005

what are the positions after mba in finance in which i can work in...
if i do not want to be in banking sector and more incline towards corporate finance...
so which post/position should i aim for....
5th December 2012, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

I am graduate holder working in para military forces.I will be 42 yrs and done MBA in correspondence. can I apply for bank.
12th April 2013, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

I want to know types of sectors in banking and designation in bank?eams which only a mba student can give?
12th April 2013, 09:06 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to know types of sectors in banking and designation in bank?eams which only a mba student can give?
After completing your MBA you can apply for the below posts in the Private sector and MNC or Foreign Banks
>> Relationship Manager
>> Wealth Manager
>> Credit officer
>> Operations executive

In the Government sector you can apply for the below post:
>> PO
>> Clerks

IBPS conducts exams for 20 Government banks.

IBPS BANK CLERKS exams:
Min educational qualifications is Graduation Pass
Age should be between 20 and 28 years
OBC gets 3 years and SC/ST gets 5 years age relaxations

IBPS BANK PO exams:
Bachelors Degree Pass in any stream
Age should be between 20 and 30 years
OBC gets 3 years and SC/ST gets 5 years age relaxations
17th June 2014, 02:27 PM
Unregistered

can I get dirct bank jobe after cmpliting MBA. without clerk and po written test.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?