3rd June 2012, 11:28 PM
mahajan.neha

What should be my first step towards IAS preparation? I am 2nd year electrical engineering student

Namaskar sir/madam..,please tell me..what should my first step towards IAS preparation as I am a 2nd yr Electrical Engineering (B.Tech) student?Which books should I refered?

Related Questions:
  1. How to start preparation for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of B.Com course?
  2. How to become an IAS officer after passing electrical engineering? How to start preparation for UPSC entrance
  3. How can I start preparation for GATE exam? I am a 2nd year electrical engineering student
  4. How to do internship while doing 2nd year Electrical Engineering? -- [New]
  5. What are the steps required to prepare for IAS/IPS? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Books to be referred fro GATE? I am a student of 2nd year electrical engineering
  7. How can I clear IAS while in 2nd year electrical engineering
  8. List of top companies for summer training for B.Tech(Electrical engineering) 2nd year student?
  9. How to become IAS official after pursuing B.Tech 3rd year in electrical and electronics engineering? Study material for preparation?
  10. Books to be referred for electrical engineering? I am pursuing B.E in electrical engineering
  11. How to start preparation for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech 2nd year in Civil Engineering?
  12. Is it possible to take a years drop after my graduation for IAS preparation?
  13. Which subjects should an Electrical Engineer choose for IAS exam? Will electrical engineering and zoology be helpful for me as mains paper?
  14. How should i prepare for IAS? I am a student of 2nd year in B.Tech
  15. How should I prepare for UPSC? I am a student of B.E 2nd year
  16. What type of preparation is to be carried out to become an IAS officer/
  17. List of companies a B.Tech(Electricial engineer) 2nd year student can apply for summer internship program?
  18. Internships for Electrical Engineers near Mumbai or Nasik
4th June 2012, 10:59 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should be my first step towards IAS preparation? I am 2nd year electrical engineering student

The first and foremost step for you is to evaluate yourself whether you will be able to crack civil services exam and to be placed in IAS.

It is not so easy to be placed in IAS. You should develop in depth subject knowledge of the chosen optional subjects to crack Civil Services Main Examination.

If you are not so strong enough as per gaining subject knowledge and understanding it and keeping it remember for a long time, then don't opt for this exam. It will waste your valuable academic career.

At least, you should spend 12 hours to complete the syllabus for this Exam.

If you are able to put your best efforts, then opt for this exam.

To be placed in IAS, you should have to crack civil services examination being conducted by UPSC.

The complete selection procedure for this is by
-CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
-Civil Services Main Examination
-Interview

I suggest you to choose Electrical Engineering as one of the optional subject for Main Examination and another optional subject as per your interest.

This Examination will be conducted once in a year.

Try to start preparation for this exam from a coaching institute which will make your preparation so easy.

For complete information regarding this exam, I suggest you to visit the official website of UPSC.

Here it is,
http://upsc.gov.in/
4th June 2012, 01:17 PM
romi_bal

Default Re: What should be my first step towards IAS preparation? I am 2nd year electrical engineering student

The first and foremost step for you is to evaluate yourself whether you will be able to crack civil services exam and to be placed in IAS.

It is not so easy to be placed in IAS. You should develop in depth subject knowledge of the chosen optional subjects to crack Civil Services Main Examination.

If you are not so strong enough as per gaining subject knowledge and understanding it and keeping it remember for a long time, then don't opt for this exam. It will waste your valuable academic career.

At least, you should spend 12 hours to complete the syllabus for this Exam.

If you are able to put your best efforts, then opt for this exam.

To be placed in IAS, you should have to crack civil services examination being conducted by UPSC.

The complete selection procedure for this is by
-CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
-Civil Services Main Examination
-Interview

I suggest you to choose Electrical Engineering as one of the optional subject for Main Examination and another optional subject as per your interest.

This Examination will be conducted once in a year.

Try to start preparation for this exam from a coaching institute which will make your preparation so easy.

For complete information regarding this exam, I suggest you to visit the official website of UPSC.

Here it is,
http://upsc.gov.in/
4th June 2012, 11:10 PM
Unregistered

WHICH SUBJECTS I CHOOSE FOR I.A.S . I AM 2ND YEAR MECHANICAL IIT DELHI STUDENT .
5th June 2012, 10:47 AM
Unregistered

i will get which engg college in mppet with a rank 3000 and i am from another state?
13th August 2012, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

which subjects are prefered to ias preparation
29th August 2012, 03:45 PM
Unregistered

I am student of computer science and I want to be IAS. what shold I study and learn from right now.
9th September 2012, 02:19 AM
Unregistered

I AM B.TECH 2nd YEAR STUDENT OF ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING.HOW COULD I PREPARE MYSELF FOR IAS EXAMINATION?
16th September 2012, 09:09 AM
Unregistered

i am studnt of ma(budhist studies ). so how should i prepare for ias exam. what subject should be formains.
18th September 2012, 04:28 AM
Unregistered

i am a second year student havinh branch electronics and telecommunication n til today vent started nay prep so plz suggest me how toh start ma prep????
26th September 2012, 08:37 PM
AbbasAhmad

Respected Sir,This is Ahmad Abbas completed B.Sc, and got a good rank (state 160), in icet-2012, and going to join JNTU hyd for MCA,... IAS is my passion, please tell me how to plan for IAS along with my studies,.. waiting for ur reply sir, Thank u...
2nd October 2012, 12:46 AM
Unregistered

Respected sir, i am pursuing 3rd b-tech electrical how can develop myself to become an I.A.S ?when do i start my preparation & how can i start primarily suggest me all possible ways to reach my aim.....till i reach my aim
23rd January 2013, 12:19 AM
Unregistered

sir i am B.A 2 year student and wont to do IAS so sir how I start my study and which books I should perches for it. and what is my first step for this
19th March 2013, 08:42 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir, currently i am giving my board exams 2013 (non-med.) and my preparation for competitions is totally nil but still i have a strong desire to become an ias officer but i lack
knowledge about civil services and keen to know about it. So tell me how i should pursue after end of boards. I am in great dilemma,please guide me what should i do??????????
22nd June 2013, 12:56 AM
Unregistered

during 2nd yr of ee ,what should a student do so that aftr completing her degree, she don't hv to say that she wasted hr time...please tell me correct suggestion which i can do
12th August 2013, 10:45 AM
Unregistered

Sir/madam plz help me. I am a b tech student of electricl engineeing of 2nd year. How i prepare myself to get a good govment job. From now...
21st January 2014, 09:28 AM
Unregistered

Which are the various posts for which we can go and what are the authorities and reaponsibilities
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?