24th June 2012, 09:42 PM
chuchu123

Can I give CAT exam if I clear my backlogs in time? I am doing B.E as 4th year student

hello......

i m doing BE as 4th yr student....cleared 1st yr but have backlog in 2nd and 3rd yr papers......

can i give CAT exams and if i clear my backlogs in time any chances to get selected for best IIMs..........

thnx a lott

7th July 2012, 11:51 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give CAT exam if I clear my backlogs in time? I am doing B.E as 4th year student

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuchu123 View Post
hello......

i m doing BE as 4th yr student....cleared 1st yr but have backlog in 2nd and 3rd yr papers......

can i give CAT exams and if i clear my backlogs in time any chances to get selected for best IIMs..........

thnx a lott
If you have cleared your all backlogs and scored good marks in your Graduate degree course, then definitely you are eligible to apply for CAT Entrance examination.

CAT stands for Common Admission test and this examination is Conducted by IIM's every year, To apply for this examination you have to complete your Graduation degree course in any discipline form a recognised University, Final year appearing candidates are also eligible to apply for CAT Entrance Examination.

The Notification of CAT Entrance Examination will be Published in the month of August, soon the notification will be published in the official website.

If you have scored minimum 50% marks in your Graduate degree course then you are eligible to apply for this year CAT Entrance examination, the examination will be going to be held soon in the month of November/December.

Eligible candidates may fill the CAT Application form online or Offline.

CAT entrance Examination is Objective type examination and there are 2 section in this examination :

## Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
## Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning.

This examination is Only Computer based test, you cant give this test as paper based. So please prepare well for the CAT Examination according to the syllabus and Pattern. The selection in Top Business schools are based on CAT Entrance examination score more than 90 to 95 percentile, You have to cracked the Group Discussion and Personal Interview also and then Finally you will get admission in Top Business Schools like IIM's.

So, if you have completed your graduation or pursuing final year examination then you are eligible for this year CAT 2012 Examination and if you want more information then please check official website:

http://www.catiim.in
10th November 2012, 08:30 PM
Ravi kumar pawar
Member+

Default Re: Can I give CAT exam if I clear my backlogs in time? I am doing B.E as 4th year student

Hi
You can eligible for CAT exam if you clear your back and complete your graduation with good marks

CAT stands for common admmision test conducted by IIM's
26th May 2013, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

can i eligible for cat exam if i have 2 backlogs?
24th June 2013, 05:58 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
hello......

thnx a lott
If you have backlog of previous years and you are in final semester/year then you can apply for CAT Exam.But you will be treated as a pass out candidates.If you will get pass in CAT Entrance exam then you will have to present your passing certificate and it should not have any backlog of previous years.It means if you will fail in previous year papers again and you will clear your final year then you will not be treated as a pass out candidate.To take admission you will have to clear your all previous year's papers.

For applying in this exam,you will require these eligibility conditions to fulfill:

Educational qualification :
  • You should have a pass out bachelor degree from recognized university in any discipline.
  • Candidates who are in final year will also be able to apply for this entrance test.
  • Those candidates who have backlog of previous years should clear all backlogs before final semester.
Marks required :
  • Candidates who belong from the General/Backward category should have a minimum of 50% in bachelor degree course.
  • Candidates who belong from the SC/ST category should have a minimum of 45% marks in bachelor degree course.
Quote:
There is No limitation related to Age for applying in this exam

Exam Details

Set I - Questions : 30 and Time : 1 hour and 30 minutes (Objective Type).
  • Quantitative ability.
  • Data Interpretation.
Set II - Questions : 30 and Time : 1 hour and 30 minutes (Objective Type).
  • Logical Reasoning.
  • Verbal ability.

24th June 2013, 11:01 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
hello......

thnx a lott

CAT stands for Common Admission Test .

CAT entrance exam is conduct once time in year .This examination is Conducted by IIM's Every year for admission in IIM and top level MBA college .

Those candidate have completed graduation degree with above 50% marks are applicable for CAT exam but your degree must be recognized.For SC/ST candidate the percentage is 45 % in graduation.There is no age limitation for the candidate.Final year student are applicable for This exam.

If you cleared your backlog at the time of Admission then you are applicable for CAT exam because every college want fresh result .So you will try to solve your backlog immediately .

Yes , You are applicable for admission in IIM but clearing your pending backlog .

Selection Process for CAT exam are Written exam , Group Discussion , personal Interview.

Best Books for CAT Exam :-

Verbal Ability For CAT
by
MBAGuru
Publisher: cengage Learning (2011)

How To Prepare For The CAT
By
Author: Muneer

Verbal Ability For The CAT
by
Sujit Kumar
Publisher: Pearson (2011)

List of the Top 10 Coaching Center for CAT exam in India :-
  • Career Forum
  • Career Launcher (CL)
  • IMS Learning Resources Pvt Ltd
  • Triumphant Institute of Management Education Pvt Ltd (T.I.M.E)
  • Bulls Eye Knowledge Systems
  • ERUDITE
  • Touchstone Educational (P.) Ltd.
  • Roots Education, Delhi
  • Ascent Education
  • Brilliant Study Center
For more details about CAT Exam , You can visit to http://www.catiim.in
25th June 2013, 11:12 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can i eligible for cat exam if i have 2 backlogs?
YES, you can apply for the CAT exams.

But you have to complete your graduation before taking admission in the MBA college after giving the CAT exams.

Eligibilty to apply for the CAT exams is:

Graduation pass in any stream with minimum 50% marks for General and OBC candidates and minimum 45% marks for the SC/ST candidates.
Final year Graduation students can also apply

CAT exams are normally held in Month of october and November.
Exams are held in online mode only

To get calls from IIM, you have to get atleast 98 percentile marks in the CAT written tests
After this you would be called by IIM for the next rounds that is Group Discussion and Personal Interview.

CAT exams questions are asked from below sections:
Verbal Ability
Logical Reasoning
Quantitative Ability
Data Interpretation
26th June 2013, 04:56 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
hello......

thnx a lott

Dear Aspirant,

CAT stands for the Common Admission Test. this exam is conducted for taking admission in the top Business School across India by the Top Indian Institute of Management (IIM) four time in year......

A candidate who are aspiring to apply for this examination first of all he/she have to become educationally eligible for it. and that is they should have to complete at least their Graduation Degree in any disicpline from recognized Universities....

A candidate may have to score at least 50% in their Graduation degree to become eligible for it. Relaxation for SC/ST up to 5% on percentages applicable....

As you have mention that you having pending backlog then if you are wishing to become eligible for it then you have to cleared it within the time period of your study otherwise you can not apply for this exam.....

so, prepare well and clear all the pending backlogs then you become eligible for it.......

Books for CAT Exam:-

How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT Common Admission Test 5th Edition
Author: Arun Sharma
Publisher: Tata McGraw-Hill (2012)
Price: Rs. 430

Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT Common Admission Test
Author: Rajesh Balasubramanian
Publisher: Access Publishing (2013)
Price: Rs. 385

How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for the CAT Common Admission Test 1st Edition
Author: Arun Sharma
Publisher: Tata McGraw-Hill (2012)
Price: Rs. 314

All the best

With Regards.....
Dharm
28th June 2013, 09:15 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
hello......

thnx a lott
Yes if you can clear the backlogs on time then definitely you can appear for the CAT exam and on securing good percentiles you might end up studying in one of the IIM's as well.

Indian Institute of Management conducts the Common Admission Test which is an All India Level MBA Entrance Exam and by far one of the most competitive exam in India. This is a computer based test which is conducted in multiple centres all over India.

You need to be a graduate to sit for the CAT exam. You can get a bachelor's degree in any discipline of your choice but along with that you also need to have 50% of marks in aggregate to sit for this examination.

Reserved category candidates needs to get 45% of marks instead. Final year students are also eligible to sit for this exam. There is no age criteria to abide by as such.

Selection process basically includes:-
  • Written Examination
  • Group Discussion
  • Interview Session

For the exam stress on these two sections:- Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation and Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning. 30 Questions will be there from each section and you will get 140 mins to complete both the sections.

There will be negative marking too which means for each wrong answer you give 1/3rd marks will be deducted from the original score. There will be an on-screen timer to calculate the time.

CAT Cut-Off (IIM-Ahmedabad):-

Hope this helps :-> :->
5th June 2015, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

If I have backlogs in previous sem. ANd currently have less than 50% MARKS...currently I give exam of 6 th sem....am I able to give this year's CAT exam??
25th June 2015, 02:16 PM
Unregistered

Currently, i am having 2 back logs,and I have completed my graduation this year,and I would be able to clear it next year ,so is it possible that I would be able to give CAT 2015?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?