9th July 2012, 12:57 PM
anu.joshi

Can I do MCA without having Mathematics in 11th and 12th? Which are the best colleges for this course? I am from commerce stream

I am from commerce stream. Studying in SYBCOM from Mumbai University. Can I do MCA without having mathematics in 11th & 12th. But I have studied Maths & Statistics in FYBCOM. And Please suggest me best colleges for this course.
Please do reply..
Thank you !!!

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible to study commerce stream 11th and 12th while studying BCA 4th semester?
  2. Detailed information about the courses to study after 12th Commerce with Maths?
  3. After BCA which is a better course, MCA or CDAC?
  4. Am I eligible to study Maths in B.Com if pursuing 12th Commerce with Physical Education?
  5. Can I do MCA from IIT after completing 12th with commerce stream
  6. Is it possible to pursue Architecture by taking commerce stream in 11th and 12th?
  7. Which Stream of mca is best whether Science, commerce or management ? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Which are the colleges for commerce without maths? My expected percentage of 12th is around 70%
  9. Can I apply for B.Com by taking commerce with maths?
  10. Can I do MCA course having passed in Mathematics in Graduation and not having Mathematics in 12th class? Information regarding Entrance Exams for MCA course?
  11. What should I study after completing 12th Commerce?
  12. Which are the best commerce courses and colleges in India? Can I do graduation in commerce if I have done 12th in Non Medical stream?
  13. Am I eligible for MCA in JNU after passing 12th commerce with 47% from UP board without Mathematics
  14. How much is the percentage needed for CBSE students to get admission?
  15. What career option should I opt related to commerce stream after completion of my 12th? Currently I am studying in 11th
  16. Which colleges in Nagpur and Mumbai offer admission 11th and 12th commerce students in BCA?
  17. Is it necessary to study Mathematics in 12th Humanities to apply for CLAT? -- [New]
  18. If I have done commerce in 11th can I do science in 12th?
10th August 2012, 12:31 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do MCA without having Mathematics in 11th and 12th? Which are the best colleges for this course? I am from commerce stream

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu.joshi View Post
I am from commerce stream. Studying in SYBCOM from Mumbai University. Can I do MCA without having mathematics in 11th & 12th. But I have studied Maths & Statistics in FYBCOM. And Please suggest me best colleges for this course.
Please do reply..
Thank you !!!
Hey friend,

Details About MCA:

MCA stands for Master of Computer Application and this is a PG course.The duration of the course is 3 years.

For Applying for this course there is no age limit but as regarding the education qualification it is that you need to have completed a UG degree of 3 years duration with a fair percentage.

As asked whether you can join in MCA without having mathematics as subject in 11th and 12th,it is not possible as you need to have done mathematics as subjects in your respected +2 as it is important

So,You are not eligible for joining in MCA Course
10th August 2012, 02:13 PM
siddjain93

Default Re: Can I do MCA without having Mathematics in 11th and 12th? Which are the best colleges for this course? I am from commerce stream

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu.joshi View Post
Please do reply..
Thank you !!!
Hello friend,

MCA --> Master of Computer Applications.

It is a 2 year post graduation degree course. As you don't have mathematics in 11th and 12th but you have Mathematics subject in graduation so you can pursue MCA after BCA. In order to do MCA you must have Mathematics in Graduation . So you are eligible to do MCA course.

ELIGIBILITY FOR MCA-

1- You must be Graduate in any stream having minimum 50% marks in graduation.

2- You must have Mathematics subject in graduation as a compulsory subject.

ENTRANCE EXAMS FOR MCA-

Joint Admission Test for MCA (IIT JAM)

West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam MCA(WB-JECA)

NITMCA Common Entrance Test(NIMCET)

Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU)

Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test

BIT MCA

TOP COLLEGES FOR MCA COURSE-

- Pune University

- Jawaharlal Nehru University - New Delhi

- Hyderabad Central University

- National Institute of Technology (NIT), Trichy

- Birla Institute of Technology(BITS), Ranchi

- National Institute of Technology (NIT) - Surathkal

- PSG College of Technology - Coimbatore

- Bharathiar University -Coimbatore

- MN National Institute of Technology (NIT)-Allahabad

- Vellore Institute Of Technology-Vellore (Tamilnadu)

- Pondicherry Central University

- Banaras Hindu University - Varnasi

- National Institute of Technology (NIT) Calicut
10th August 2012, 03:54 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

No, You cannot do MCA without having Mathematics in 11th and 12th as the eligibility criteria for the same is as under-

1. You have to complete your Bachelor’s degree with Mathematics with least 55% aggregate marks.

2. Student who are appearing for the final year of the qualifying year.

3. Age limit should not exist-

30 years for general category
for OBC upper age limit is+3
for SC/ST upper age limit is +5
for PH upper age limit is +10.

4. You must have mathematics as subject in 11th and 12th,
10th August 2012, 07:32 PM
shlrao
Senior Member+

To get admission in MCA it is necessary to have the math subject in your 12th class.

Without having math subject you cannot get admission in the MCA course and you are also not eligible to apply for MCA entrance exams.

But in India there are also some universities are present which are offering MCA course not having math in 12th class so you should find these type of university and apply there.
11th August 2012, 11:54 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

hi friend,

Sorry, to say that but you can not get admission without mathematic subject in MCA.

Eligibility for MCA:

=> A candidate must have completed their graduation Degree with minimum 55% from recognise universities.

=> With Mathematics subject
=> Generally Age limit should Not exist 30 years relaxation available for OBC and SC/ST category.
21st August 2012, 09:05 PM
Unregistered

iam a commerce student ihave not studied maths in 12th std as well as in my graduation,but i have studied computer science in my 12 std .can ijoin mca?
8th April 2014, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

Is Maths subject necessary in 11 and 12th std to get admissions in BE. Architecture?
12th May 2014, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

Where is the university in India where I do M.C.A without appearing maths in class- 11 and 12
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?