13th July 2012, 09:53 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to get selected in Indian Army after passing 12th from PCM?

hllo sir,

i am kanika n i am in class 11 n i am keen to know the procedure to get selected in indian army after passing class 12 from pcm.....?
is there any kind of a procedure in which one can directly attempt interview round without giving entrance exam .... ?

14th July 2012, 07:55 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to get selected in Indian Army after passing 12th from PCM?

Since you are female you will be eligible to join the army only after completing graduation. If you want to avoid appearing for entrance exam you must pursue engineering stream. Since you have studied PCM in 12th standard you are eligible for the same. These candidates need to clear the interview and the medical rounds only. You will be inducted under the Short Service Commission scheme for a period of 14 years.
14th July 2012, 10:54 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to get selected in Indian Army after passing 12th from PCM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hllo sir,

i am kanika n i am in class 11 n i am keen to know the procedure to get selected in indian army after passing class 12 from pcm.....?
is there any kind of a procedure in which one can directly attempt interview round without giving entrance exam .... ?
For joining army you will have to give National Defense Academy (NDA) exam conducted by UPSC. The exam is conducted twice in an year.

Eligibility Criteria -

Sex and marital status- Only unmarried male candidates are eligible for it

Age limit- The age limit set for the candidates for NDA exam is 16.5 years to 19 years.

Educational qualification for joining army- The candidates who have passed 10+2 are will appear in the final examination of 10+2 are eligible for it.

Selection Procedure

You will have to give a written exam first of all.

It will consist of 2 papers and the time allotted for each paper will be 2.5 hours.
Paper one will be of Mathematics. It will consist of 120 Objective type questions only which will carry a maximum of 300 marks.

Paper 2 will be on General ability . It will be divided into two parts. Part A will consist of 50 questions from English Language of 200 marks.
Part B will be of General Knowledge it will consist of 100 questions of a total of 400 marks.

After qualifying the written exam you will have to give the intelligence and personality test conducted by Services Selection Board (SSB). This will be of 900 marks. It will include the following tests -

Your performance in a group will be tested through group tests like group discussion, group planning, outdoor group tasks etc.

There will also be some psychological test like Situation REaction Test (SRT) and pictures story writing.

And in the end there will also be a Personal interview. For more details about the various tests in SSB test check the image.

After qualifying the intelligence and personality test you will have to go through medical examination
14th July 2012, 12:51 PM
ankitsharma049

you can go in flying branch/technical branch/ground duty branches in air force the form issued in the month of june every year by AFCAT. you can fill up the form online or offline. but percentage in PCM is always matter.
14th July 2012, 12:54 PM
lakshmi dhana

You have to qualify NDA EXAM .Eligibility Criteria -
Sex and marital status - Only unmarried male candidates are eligible for it
Age limit - The age limit set for the candidates for NDA exam is 16.5 years to 19 years.
Educational qualification for joining army - The candidates who have passed 10+2 are will appear in the final examination of 10+2 are eligible for it.
Selection Procedure
You will have to give a written exam first of all.
It will consist of 2 papers and thetime allotted for each paper will be 2.5 hours.
Paper one will be of Mathematics.It will consist of 120 Objective type questions only which will carry a maximum of 300 marks.
Paper 2 will be on General ability .It will be divided into two parts. Part A will consist of 50 questions from English Languageof 200 marks.
Part B will be of General Knowledge it will consist of 100 questions of a total of 400 marks.
After qualifying the written examyou will have to give the intelligence and personality test conducted by Services Selection Board (SSB). This will be of 900 marks. It will include the following tests -
Your performance in a group willbe tested through group tests like group discussion, group planning, outdoor group tasks etc.
6th October 2012, 02:42 AM
Unregistered

Hi...I am a B.Tech 2nd year student after completing my B.Tech from computer science stream am i eligeble for indian army or not.What is the prosedure and eligibility critaria for get selected in Indian Army.
9th August 2014, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am abhishek singh and i want to know after engineering i have to clear the physical test also
12th August 2014, 11:39 AM
mohanrgukt187

Quote:
Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
hllo sir,

Is there any kind of a procedure in which one can directly attempt interview round without giving entrance exam .... ?
ssb interview is more favorable..........did u done ncc in ur college? You must have to done ncc...
31st July 2015, 04:09 PM
Unregistered

sir im nikita tiwari i have passed out my 12 in the year 2012 nd i m completing my graduation its correspondence course , coz i's preparing for medical entrance . pls i wan to know how can i join indian army.
11th September 2015, 01:12 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Hello friends...................

I am Sorry to tell you females are not eligible for Army forces through 12th.

For this purpose you have a option like CDS is there .

12th pass in not the right qualification for CDS examination. You have to study further to become eligible for CDS examination.

The minimum Qualification for CDS exam is Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University.

So get admission into a Graduation from a good college and start your preparation for CDS examination along with the Graduation. You can join coaching or even study by yourself by taking help from study materials and related books.

Age Limit for CDS exam:

Indian Naval Academy - 19 to 22 years

Indian Air Force Academy - 19 to 23 years

Indian Military Academy - 19 to 24 years

Officers' Training Academy - 19 to 25 years

Examination Pattern:

-Objective Type Test

-SSB Interview

-Medical Test

The marks in the Objective test and SSB will decide the merit for selection into the academy.

Those who are medically fit will be given clearance for selection.

All the best
14th September 2015, 01:51 AM
JSD.

After the +2 you can be eligible for the NDA exam if you are unmarried male candidate.You have to now do the graduation course.You have to appear in the CDS exam.

This exam is conducted by the UPSC.The basic eligibility criteria for this exam is to have a bachelor degree in any stream from a recognized university with good percentile for the Army Area.Also the appearing aspirants age must lie in between 19 years to 24 years for the Army wing to be eligible for this exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?